• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I've got the Flor de Ca
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a monster ale barleywine by brooklyn brewery, awesome
  • Options
    Not much of a hard alcohol person myself, but would like to try some new stuff o'er everybody's recommendations. I usually drink beer mostly, Shock Top and Fat Tire is my favorite.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing yet but I'm ready to get a scotch going before all my wife's family start showing up. So ready for this season to be over.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I've got the Flor de Ca
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Iced water with lemon
  • Options
    Having a Yuengling porter, contemplating a good stick to fire up after the crap that just went on here.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Had an Ommegang Aphrodite and a Sam Adams Infinium.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Saturday was Oronoco Fazenda Reserva Rum and Rare Breed Barrel Proof WT .

About to kick the day ( morning ) off with some Woodford Reserve , well just a splash as we begin preparations for the dinner circuit today LOL ...... hey its 5: 00 o'clock somewhere right ???
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am drinking one of the best IPA's I have ever had. Made by Stone Brewing Co, it is called the Ruination IPA. VERY NICE beer. Fairly pricey but super nice. Even the bottle is impressive.
  • Options
    Egg Nog spiced with scotch( just a hint )
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I am drinking one of the best IPA's I have ever had. Made by Stone Brewing Co, it is called the Ruination IPA. VERY NICE beer. Fairly pricey but super nice. Even the bottle is impressive.
    Stone is an amazing brewery. For Christmas my gf gave me 2 bottles of their 15th Anniv. IBIPA. It is amazing stuff.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    JSaint:
    Lakota72:
    Stone is an amazing brewery. For Christmas my gf gave me 2 bottles of their 15th Anniv. IBIPA. It is amazing stuff.
    I like Stone's stuff. I always have a bottle or two of Arrogant B.astard sitting around the house. I like how the forum starred it the first time
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    decided to cheap out tonight...

Sam Adams Winter Lager

• Options
    Lagavulin 16yo
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I had some Blue Moon Grand Cru ...... It was freakin great.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Rasch came by this weekend and brought Brooklyn Black Ops. Interesting stout - hints of dry cocoa, earth and bourbon with a very dry, champagne-like finish and texture. I shared my Imperial Storm Trooper Stout - not a bad stout but I wasn't completely blown away. Had a few others and finally finished up with what I called "A Night In Cuba" - Cuban Manhattan made with Appleton 12 year rum, Maraschino Cherry Juice, Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters, infused with vanilla pipe tobacco. Turned out to be a nice holiday drink with lots of cinnamon and spice from the bitters. Went nicely with a Forbidden X (gifted one to Josh and smoked one myself). Thanks again to Josh for sharing the Black Ops and taking my girl and I out to dinner. A true brother.

Christmas Eve, I popped a Bruery 4 Calling Birds - nice dark ale, good spice profile - my only complaint is that it already tasted slightly oxidized or metallic.

Last night I made my latest creation for a few friends: "The Bitter Saint"
    1/4oz Angostura Bitters
    1.5oz Dark Rum
    1oz Benedictine
    1/2oz Simple Syrup
    1/4oz Lemon Juice
    Lemon Peel
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water, I quit drinking soda!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Soda, Mountain Dew... I quit drinking water :0
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Jack and coke and a long island ice tea with dinner and working on a beautiful mason jar of cinnamony goodness right now.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drinking a old stock ale 2011, fantastic! with a ladc especial #5 http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/1867
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few White Rascal's from Avery brewing Co. Really liking most of what I have had lately from this brewery out of Boulder CO.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    JSaint:
    Lakota72:
    I like Stone's stuff. I always have a bottle or two of Arrogant B.astard sitting around the house. I like how the forum starred it the first time
    Don't think I've ever had a Stone brew I didn't like. Well maybe last year's Vertical Epic. Weird...they got the crazy idea to put some of the CA grapes from the harvest in it...maybe it'll age well and be good when it's supposed to be next year.

A bit more pricey than even the Ruination IPA, but try Oaked Arrogant Bas.tard. Incredible.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Direwolf:
    JSaint:
    Lakota72:
    Don't think I've ever had a Stone brew I didn't like. Well maybe last year's Vertical Epic. Weird...they got the crazy idea to put some of the CA grapes from the harvest in it...maybe it'll age well and be good when it's supposed to be next year.

A bit more pricey than even the Ruination IPA, but try Oaked Arrogant Bas.tard. Incredible.
    I will have to check to local joint out. I tell you what, the store I go to has the ability to get upwards of 2500 different types of beer. I got to meet the owner and she was super informative. I can wait to go back and give some more types of beer. Maybe I should try and hit as many different types of beer from as many countries as I can.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I'm never drinking again...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Hosted a beer tasting over the weekend and had about 15-20 people show up. Everyone brought something unique to the party and overall, we had a pretty crazy tasting. Here's the list:

Mikkeller Black Hole Barrel Aged Series (I picked these up at various stores over the last year) - included - original black hole, Rum Barrel, Tequila Barrel, Bourbon Barrel, Cognac Barrel, Red Wine Barrel and White Wine Barrel.
    Founders Imperial Stout
    Bourbon County 2011
    Firestone Walker Parabola 2011
    Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous
    Great Divide Hibernation Ale
    Innis & Gunn Highland Cask
    Sam Adams 13th Hour
    Dieu du Ciel P
  • Options
    Awesome Rob. I had some Dales Pale Ale today.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Awesome Rob. I had some Dales Pale Ale today.
    Nice! I gave that the nickname Can o' Nickels. And I mean that in the BEST possible way...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.