Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Had a Sam Adams Boston Lager, Black and Brew, and a Left Hand Milk Stout.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    JSaint:
    Left Hand Milk Stout is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been having a few real ale octoberfest and now the egg nog is out, might have a egg nog and crown with nutmeg on top before im done! image
  • Options
    Just finished off a nice big glass of the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Probley my favorite beer lately
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    JSaint:
    Left Hand Milk Stout is one of my favorites.
    This one was old bleh. Tasted like flowers no bueno. Still drank it though lol. Now Im onto a LHB Pepper Porter. I love the Pepper Porter.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Lancaster Brewing Company Milk Stout. Maybe one of the best beers I've ever had.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Kraken and Coke.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Tonight:
    1. Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hop IPA - nice citrus notes, big bitterness.
    2. Stone, Bruery, Elysian collaboration La Citrueille Celeste de Citracado - nice birch notes, some sweetness, mild profile.
    3. Buffalo Trace White Dog Wheated Mash - Strong notes of creamed corn and wheat.
    4. High West Silver Whiskey Western Oat - Beautiful banana nose with some hints of vanilla.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Kraken and Coke.
    Couple glasses of Dr. Kraken....
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    Tonight:
    1. Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hop IPA - nice citrus notes, big bitterness.
    2. Stone, Bruery, Elysian collaboration La Citrueille Celeste de Citracado - nice birch notes, some sweetness, mild profile.
    3. Buffalo Trace White Dog Wheated Mash - Strong notes of creamed corn and wheat.
    4. High West Silver Whiskey Western Oat - Beautiful banana nose with some hints of vanilla.
    Oh man I would love to get my hands on that collaboration! Havent seen it here.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    finishing up a cohiba puro dominicana with some st. arnold santo , great image
  • Options
    The regular... Monster and Vodka
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    finishing up a cohiba puro dominicana with some st. arnold santo , great image
    St. Arnold is amazing stuff Jimmy.... may have to con you into some shipping since I can't get it here lol.... their irish red is probably the best red I've ever had.
  • Options
    Ron Zapacapa that I soaked pineapple rings with... badassery!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Oh man, that sounds good as hell!

Had a bit of Remy Martin XO. I have a cold, and I think Cognac is probably the cure.
  • Options
    Some of the finest aged (2 years frozen) Cuervo margarita ***!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    If you like Knob Creek and Wild Turkey you really owe it to yourself to try Russels Reserve. Russel is the Master Distiller for Wild Turkey, and that is his "special" blend. Very smooth. Woodford Reserve is also a very fine bourbon for the money, and I really like that pairing with an Oliva V.

When I'm in the mood for Scotch, I like Highland Park 18 year. That's some damn fine scotch whiskey.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Anyone crack open one of the most recent in the Stone Vertical Epic series, 11-11-11? Whoa boy is it good...Belgian white ale with chili pepper that they balanced nicely with cinnamon! I don't know how I'm gonna let this age until 12-12-12, I might have to buy a case!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    NyQuil last night and DayQuil today. Now I think I got my girlfriend sick. Just waiting for us both to feel better so we can celebrate the new house by cracking one of the few very nice bottles we have stashed to celebrate with.

I was really disappointed with the 10-10-10 from Stone but this one sounds interesting and I've heard good things. Maybe I'll grab one and try it out.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Anyone crack open one of the most recent in the Stone Vertical Epic series, 11-11-11? Whoa boy is it good...Belgian white ale with chili pepper that they balanced nicely with cinnamon! I don't know how I'm gonna let this age until 12-12-12, I might have to buy a case!
    Had it from the bottle and on tap. Very good beer.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Come on now Kuzi your just gonna tell us you're drinking a fine looking beer we haven't heard of and not tell us how it is?!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it was good.
    there were some toasty notes and it showed its cinnamon side.
    i was expecting a finish closer to Honey Brown than it was. the finish was closer to that of a stout but very mild.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Ken Light:
    Had it from the bottle and on tap. Very good beer.
    On tap? Good god, I've got to get myself to IL...

And Rob, yeah, me too. I'm hoping it ages over two years, got two bottles of it waiting for the vertical tasting day...that one was not too hard to shelve. This one makes up for it though, I promise.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Thanks, Ken. I'll pick one up next time I hit up the beer store and crack it soon. It sounded interesting and I've heard some good things so far. The next big one I'm waiting for is the Firestone Walker 15.
  • Options
    Hot Cocoa with the kids.... they love it when they get to have hot cocoa with daddy.... Gotta love it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    Hot Cocoa with the kids.... they love it when they get to have hot cocoa with daddy.... Gotta love it.
    Nice.. Don't forget the little marshmellows !
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    howtobass:
    Nice.. Don't forget the little marshmellows !
    They were the first to go off the top, my friend.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Some good ol' iced tea...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I do believe it will be Jameson.... I'll be back.