Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I just put out an APB with a buddy of mine at a local store about King Henry and BC. Hoping I can score a few. I have a cousin who works for Bud, so I'm hoping he can find a bottle or two for me as well. I really want the BC Coffee Stout. And if you ever come across the BC Vanilla - GET IT! Stuff is AMAZING!

Last night we had a mini bottle of 2007 Ridge - Lytton Springs with some home made pasta.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Gonna have a bottle of Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot been cellering for about a year
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Gonna have a bottle of Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot been cellering for about a year
    Thats some good stuff. Lagunitas is just amazing. I have a Gnarly Dog from 07 and this year.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    I'm a fiend for barleywines.. You can age the hell out of them too.. They get to be soooo smooth and have a hell of a kick
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I'm a fiend for barleywines.. You can age the hell out of them too.. They get to be soooo smooth and have a hell of a kick
    was able to pick up a bomber of Back Burner from Southern Tier for like $3! Thats gonna sit a long time.
  • Options
    If you can find some old bottles of Sierra Nevada's BigFoot with a few years on them you got a treat on your hands.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    was able to pick up a bomber of Back Burner from Southern Tier for like $3! Thats gonna sit a long time.
    Dude, that's a hell of a price on that stuff. Southern Tier is such a great brewery. I wasn't a huge fan of their Java, but have loved all of their other bombers. I have an entire case in my cellar dedicated to just Southern Tier and most of them are intended for aging at least a year before opening.

Going to pick up a bottle of the Firestone XV tonight after the gym. Having some people over for brews and a house warming tomorrow. The fridge is stocked.
  • Options
    Last night I had a Sierra Nevada Celebration and a Founders Red's Rye PA. Tonight I had a Southern Tier Choklat and a Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    sippin on some Jameson Distillery reserve... got this when the wife and I went to Ireland in May... good stuff... but I got to have my bigass ice cube too!

Rob, have to totally agree with you on this. A buddy brought me back a bottle when he went and I only have a quarter of it left. However, I must say, I do serve it to my fellow herfers when they come to the house.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Well, I've got a raging sore throat that feels like I'm gargling razor blades, so no smoking this week. But a great help to clear it up is painting the back of my throat with some Kentucky disinfectant. So currently enjoying an Elijah Craig 18 year old Single Barrel. It'll go great with a smoke when I can have one again.
  • Options
    Had a Dark Horse Black Bier and some local brew from Carlyle.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    [image
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've slowly been sipping Zaya 12 year for the past few days.

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Does this count?
  • Options
    Had a small get together over the weekend and here's what I remember (I wasn't drunk, I just have a horrible memory and was busy and running around, cooking, mixing and cleaning all day):

Avery Rumpkin (Barley wine aged in rum barrels) - absolutely fantastic with a bit of booze, notes of pumpkin, warm, sweet spices and rum-caramel sweetness. A bit hot now but should settle out very well.

Home for the Holidays (I bought this because the proceeds go to support the troops organizations) - decent brown ale - nothing special but definitely solid.

Storm King Dark Intrigue (barrel aged Storm King Stout) - decent for a barrel aged but nothing special.

Aventinus Weisenbock - clove, nutmeg, and banana forward with a caramel sweetness - very similar to the original Aventinus with more pronounced flavors and aromas and a considerable alcohol punch.

Vanilla pipe tobacco smoked Cuban Manhattan - 2oz 15 year El Dorado Rum, 1oz Pedro Ximenez sherry 3 dashes Barrel Aged Bitters, shaken on ice and strained into a vanilla pipe tobacco smoked decanter and given a quick shake before serving with an orange peel.
  • Options
    Le Toument Verte Absinthe right now: not absinthe, not even good. Glad I only wasted a few bucks on a nip. Artificial blue-green color, almost no louche, perfume and eucalyptus on the nose, sweet without the addition of sugar, anise, eucalyptus, mint and ethanol on the pallet.
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    I rocked the Dr.Pepper train all day at work.
  • Options
    Last night a few friends got together for brews because a coworker who has relocated to Amsterdam is in town for a few days. He brought some Belgian beer that I couldn't read the name of but it was nothing you can find in the states. Not bad - brewed with lemon peel and that definitely came through with some fruit, grain and yeast.

He also brought the Dalmore Castle Leod (not available in the states) - Very nice stuff - lots of fruit up front, a nice grain profile and a touch of smoke that really set this above what I would expect for a 15 year old scotch.

Widmer Brothers Cherry Oak Doppelbock - Definite black cherry on the nose and the opening taste with oak, caramel and a molasses like sweet/savory note.

Firestone Walker XV - loaded with vanilla, caramel, burnt / toasted notes, bourbon, molasses notes - sweeter profile, great texture. Overall, a really nice beer but I think the 14 might have been better. We might have to do a side-by-side.

Nogne O Sweet Horizon - I've reviewed this one before but this is the port of beer - cola syrup, molasses, coffee, chocolate, sweet, roasted malts, very sugary and syrupy but a perfect dessert beer. At 14% it's heavy and for an 8oz bottle, I'd still recommend splitting it at least 2 ways, if not 4. Like port, just a few sips is enough.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    As I am typing this I am sipping on a glass of Makers Mark.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixing to have a lil drank,lol, image
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Onlt 11pm and I'v ealready had too much eaglerare. Oops.
  • Options
    Had a nice red wine with a 2lb steak mmmmmm.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vox Vodka Gimlet
  • Options
    Went out with a couple of buddies from work for beer last night and had the Firestone 15 on tap, Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti on tap, Southern Tier Back Burner and Unearthly both on tap, Dogfish Head 120 on tap and a couple of others that I can't quite remember - all small 5oz sample sizes. Either way, it was a good beer night.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Picked up a bottle of this last week (based on your recommendation LOL) and was not blown away. Not saying it was bad, just kind of meh....I usually drink my rum on the rocks, maybe a wedge of lime added. Is there a way you enjoy this one, besides straight up on the rocks that I could try? I'm a fan of Pyrat in the summer and Zaya in the winter.
  • Options
    If you like Zaya, try Ron Zacapa Centenario, Zacapa XO, El Dorado 12 or 15 or Plantation 20th.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Zacapa XO-loved it. It's really hard to find out here in the pucker-brush, tho. Thanks for the other suggestions. So many rums, so little time...
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Bombay Sapphire and Tonic, lime wedge. Just started drinking these a couple weeks ago, very nice.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    jj20030:
    Picked up a bottle of this last week (based on your recommendation LOL) and was not blown away. Not saying it was bad, just kind of meh....I usually drink my rum on the rocks, maybe a wedge of lime added. Is there a way you enjoy this one, besides straight up on the rocks that I could try? I'm a fan of Pyrat in the summer and Zaya in the winter.
    i find the 12 year to be much better.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Does $15 dollars a pound coffee count? Scottish Grog