Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    OK, this is sad. Not a single guess? Next hint: The movie is based on a short story written by an English author/director involved in one of the more famous ongoing horror movie series out there, directing the first and producing at least two of the sequels.
    Is anybody actually paying any attention to this post?

Last hint before I just give it away and send some swisher sweets to someone as punishment. The story comes from a series of short stories called Books of Blood.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Candyman? The original story was set in England, but the movie was set in America, so I don't know if that counts.
    Not Candyman, but you've got the writer. It was a Clive Barker story, though he had nothing to do with the movie and has apparently "disowned" it.
    Rawhead Rex, had to use Google on this one.
    you got it alien. PM me your info and I'll get some sticks out to you (not swisher sweets).
    PM sent, I'll have a question up this evening.
    Okay, the plot of this movie involved the main characters stealing an old piece of currency with a very famous American president's signature on it.
    Next hint:

An actor who played one of the three main characters of this movie has portrayed an American president in a different movie.
    Terrence Howard has a small but integral role in this movie.....
  • Dead Presidents
    Nope, this movie was filmed a few years after Dead Presidents.
  • Its not Big Momma's House is it? Not sure if the stolen money had some signitures on it or not.
    Nope.

The piece of currency that is being stolen has a stay of execution written and signed by Abraham Lincoln on it.
    The Lincoln Conspiracy (1977)?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    hey rob, great movie to choose I'm sure not very many people knew about this.
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    hey rob, great movie to choose I'm sure not very many people knew about this.

Thanks. Have you ever seen it? My cousin introduced me to that movie when I was a kid, so I have that nostalgic love for it. Cheesy as it is.
    No, this movie was filmed after Dead Presidents. There are three main characters, two male and one female. The boyfriend/girlfriend couple are trying to steal the piece of currency from a house the second male character is house-sitting.
  • Best Laid Plans
    I've seen all barkers films even the ones from his books and or screenplays. Even the crazy silent/theatric thing he did back in the day. can't recall the name. had two of them. I like Raw head rex though, much better than most of his stuff. I was really unimpressed with midnight meat train, I thought the short story was way better. I love Barker's written stuff, best out there but he always has the most retarded people direct his stuff. Even barker isn't the greatest director. Hellraiser/hellraiser 2 still are my favorite horror movies in line with candyman.
    agctribefan:
    Best Laid Plans
    Thats it, awesome flick. Shoot me your addy and I will get something in the mail for you.
  • Awesome. I will think up of movie in a few minutes.
  • Ok here it goes. This Action film has a role played by an actor that has a prominent role in a popular Food Network TV show. Hint: English is not this film's original language.
    Brotherhood of the Wolf - Mark Dacascos, also involved in Iron Chef - the movie was French, subtitled, then dubbed when released to DVD. Just a guess.
    I was just looking through this thread and saw Squirrel had already done Cemetary Man - funny as hell - even funnier: my first band, when we recorded our first demo, used a whole bunch of sound clips from that movie on the demo. Still makes me laugh to this day. Good choice.

And Clive Barker's books of blood is next on my "to buy and eventually read" list. After I get through the Preston/Child books that followed the Relic, then A Fighter's Heart by Sam Sheridan, and some small business books. I need to get reading.
    lol, yeah great film. I also recommend Braindead, aka dead alive. Also bad taste. I know both are peter jackson films. I know there is a great books of blood collection with all of them in one large book which I was able to pick up. might be able to find it on amazon rob
  • Rob1110:
    Brotherhood of the Wolf - Mark Dacascos, also involved in Iron Chef - the movie was French, subtitled, then dubbed when released to DVD. Just a guess.
    That would be the one. Dang you people are Fast. Rob send me a pm with your addy and anything you might like.
    I've seen Brotherhood of the Wolf probably close to 10 times. It's in my top 10 for movies, and I've been a fan of Mark Dacascos since Only the Strong -cheesy movie, but introduced America to Capoiera, which is just starting to catch on in martial arts schools now.

I've already thought of mine, and hopefully some people have seen it: It was filmed in and based on a certain "hospital" near where I live.
  • Rob1110:
    I've seen Brotherhood of the Wolf probably close to 10 times. It's in my top 10 for movies, and I've been a fan of Mark Dacascos since Only the Strong -cheesy movie, but introduced America to Capoiera, which is just starting to catch on in martial arts schools now.

I've already thought of mine, and hopefully some people have seen it: It was filmed in and based on a certain "hospital" near where I live.
    I love only the stong. I was trying to decide between that and Brotherhood of the wolf. I watched a lolot of Iron Chef the past couple days so I wanted to pick a movie with him in it. Those were the first two that came to mind.
    good choice either way, but Brotherhood would have been my top choice.