Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone missed it, but my first hint was: "the movie was filmed in and based on a certain hospital near the city in which I live."

In case there were no guesses based on that, my next hint is one of the actors in this movie also plays a part on one of the CSI shows.
    Time for another hint. This hospital is now an apartment complex after being abandoned for years.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Just a guess but is it Session 9?
    you got it! Session 9 starring David Carusso of CSI Miami was filmed in and around Danvers State Mental Hospital. Creepy movie for those of you who haven't seen it. On a side note, a few friends and I broke in there back in high school while it was just a huge condemned building. Very creepy place, especially the tunnels underneath it.

BRC, send me your info and if you have any preferences and I'll get some sticks out to you asap.
    PM Sent.

I didn't read all 17 pages, only the last few so hopefully this one hasn't been done already.

Hint#1:
    This movie is made by the creator of Dollhouse.
    Hint#2: It was the first Universal film to be released on HD-DVD.
    Hint#3: This movie was spun off of a TV series that was originally aired out of order on FOX.
    I think I have it, but I've already won twice. I'd rather someone else get this one. We need more participants on this thread.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Is it Serenity? It was spun off from Firefly wasn't it?
    Jdorais,
    You're right!!!! Firefly and Serenity are one of my favorite sci-fi series. I'm in the process of watching Firefly again. PM me you address and any preferences you may have and I'll get some stuff headed your way.
    that was my guess. I'm glad someone else got involved though.
    Rob1110, I received your trivia prize in the mail today. AWESOME stuff!!!! What is the naked one? Thanks.
    Sorry, forgot to tell you about that one. That's a hand rolled cigar from a local shop up my way. That's their newest wrapper - an oscuro. So far, everyone that's tried them on here has loved them. It's fairly fresh, so go for it soon. Those tend to be better when fresh rather than aged.
    Rob1110:
    Sorry, forgot to tell you about that one. That's a hand rolled cigar from a local shop up my way. That's their newest wrapper - an oscuro. So far, everyone that's tried them on here has loved them. It's fairly fresh, so go for it soon. Those tend to be better when fresh rather than aged.
    Sounds great. I'll give it a try by the end of the weekend most likely.

Jdorais, I'm still waiting for you to PM me your address....

brc81:

PM in your box
    Ok my turn. A small town, a barracuda and killer drawfs. Name the movie.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    never heard of drawfs... they anything like dwarves?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    never heard of drawfs... they anything like dwarves?
    Yes, but shorter...and with sharp teeth. Oh, and no beards.
    Oh, and your movie is Phantasm.
    j0z3r:
    Yes that's it! PM your address.
    Jdorais:
    brc81:

PM in your box
    Heads up! DC#03060320000303713364
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Pm sent. I'll try and get a question up by tomorrow...might have to go watch a movie to think up a question.
    j0z3r:
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Pm sent. I'll try and get a question up by tomorrow...might have to go watch a movie to think up a question.
    PM waiting
    Ok, here's my question.

On Thursday night I finished reading a book that was originally published in 1983. In 1998, this book was adapted into a movie. What movie is it?
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm guessing the movie Phantoms. Written by Dean Koontz author and screenwriter
    Dang, I knew it wasn't a hard question, but I didn't think the first guess would get it. I've still got your address, so I'll try and get something out by Tuesday at the latest.
    Took a minute of searching for sure. I'll try to get a question up by tomorrow.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Dang, I knew it wasn't a hard question, but I didn't think the first guess would get it. I've still got your address, so I'll try and get something out by Tuesday at the latest.
    Well, Joe, It's that you have been on a Dean Koontz reading spree lately.. When you going to get to Odd Thomas series. That or the Christopher Snow stuff,..
    Ok, so I don't watch too many movies and struggled with this, but thought it would be nice to bring up a movie I watched during a high school french class. It was released in 1954 and was written in French. It was based on a drama with the same name that was written in 1944. I'm looking for the original name of this movie, not one of the later translated titles.

I'll give a bonus if you can come up with the infamous idea/tagline that the original author of the drama used to sum up this work. It can be in english or french.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Well, Joe, It's that you have been on a Dean Koontz reading spree lately.. When you going to get to Odd Thomas series. That or the Christopher Snow stuff,..
    I can't find my copy of Odd Thomas, so I've been going through some others until I can find it. I did start reading Seize the Night today, one of the Christopher Snow books, and it is looking good so far, about 120 pages in. I have been on a spree, started Life Expectancy Friday and finished this morning, read Shattered, Whispers and Watchers before that. I'm really getting back into the DK groove.