Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• Options
    bphillipsbphillips Posts: 1
    Just had the new R y J Havoc. Exceeded my expectations!

• Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Smoked a cao lx2 while fishing. Very relaxing
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was an Opus X Perfecxion #4. This was about four years old. Perfect construction burn and draw, this little guy was Full bodied and gave me my first Buzz in a long time. Leather, wood, and some nice spice. I will see what another year can do for it's twin brother.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked a Nicarao cigar. I had never had one before and the B&M shop gave me a couple to try.
    I was pleasantly surprised. I liked it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Vegas Robina Unicos
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Vegas Robina Unicos
    What do you think of the Unicos Rip? Is it a smoother and creamier version of the monte 2 and psp2? I keep hearing how VR uses the best tobacco on the plent and want to try that one versus the BBF, monte 2, etc...
  • Options
    Hi Dustin, the one I am smoking is from 2011. It has the young tobacco flavor but not harsh. I have some from 2006 and they are more creamier with dark coffee note. The new one I am smoking has very distinctive and refined sugar cane flavor. This is a signature flavor of Vegas Robina Unicos. Monti 2 and PSP2 are very different than Unicos. Monti2 is more complex and PSP2 has more coffee, leather, aromatic flavor. New VR Unicos are unique but I will put PSP2 little ahead. However, if both are 3-4 years aged then they are unique in flavor and complexity. The reason I am smoking it today because I got a full box. before I sent them to rest for my aging project, I just wanted to smoke one to enjoy the difference. Hope you are doing well!!!
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Hi Dustin, the one I am smoking is from 2011. It has the young tobacco flavor but not harsh. I have some from 2006 and they are more creamier with dark coffee note. The new one I am smoking has very distinctive and refined sugar cane flavor. This is a signature flavor of Vegas Robina Unicos. Monti 2 and PSP2 are very different than Unicos. Monti2 is more complex and PSP2 has more coffee, leather, aromatic flavor. New VR Unicos are unique but I will put PSP2 little ahead. However, if both are 3-4 years aged then they are unique in flavor and complexity. The reason I am smoking it today because I got a full box. before I sent them to rest for my aging project, I just wanted to smoke one to enjoy the difference. Hope you are doing well!!!
    thanks rip, I am still exploring the Cuban world one at a time. So far I have really liked the Ramon allones el11 and SS and I love party shorts. I'm smoking one of the DA's I got from 2009 on wed to celebrate finishing moving.
  • Options
    When I go to US for home leave next summer, I will bring some aged Cuban for you. I have permission to carry some CC. You seem enjoying the Cuban lately. Did you try the Vegas Robina Don Alejandro yet? I am very curious to know about your thought on this.
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    thanks rip, I am still exploring the Cuban world one at a time. So far I have really liked the Ramon allones el11 and SS and I love party shorts. I'm smoking one of the DA's I got from 2009 on wed to celebrate finishing moving.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    When I go to US for home leave next summer, I will bring some aged Cuban for you. I have permission to carry some CC. You seem enjoying the Cuban lately. Did you try the Vegas Robina Don Alejandro yet? I am very curious to know about your thought on this.
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    Will do, I also gave one to BigT. I will smoke mine in two days and take notes. Not sure if I will want to review though.
  • Options
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    WOW
  • Options
    It just get better. You are smoking one of the finest ISOM my friend.
    catfishbluezz:
    WOW
  • Options
    rzaman:
    It just get better. You are smoking one of the finest ISOM my friend.
    catfishbluezz:
    WOW
    I am going to hold on to the last two, and buy more alOng with the unico.
  • Options
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    What you think? I thought it was extremely mellow. Which wasn't bad just not what I was expecting.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    catfishbluezz:
    What you think? I thought it was extremely mellow. Which wasn't bad just not what I was expecting.
    Incredibly smooth and mellow, very different in this vitola
  • Options
    stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    catfishbluezz:
    I don't have to stones to set fire to mine yet! I'm scared
  • Options
    stowggie:
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    catfishbluezz:
    I don't have to stones to set fire to mine yet! I'm scared
    Just do it..life is short and it's not an aging cigar
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    The Flor de Los Pedros image
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    alec bradley tempus. so far first 3rd is a pretty good cigar. enjoying it nicely.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    ;o),,Nice smoke,,tried one after a week,, gonna rest em for a few months
    Berger and Argenti Mooch
  • Options
    The Kid:
    chemforever:
    Berger and Argenti Mooch
    yea this one is rott and boy was the package destroyed but my sticks survived! I mended a mooch with some pectin a day or two ago, that Connie wrapper is a bit brittle after a year may be my sun morning smoke.
  • Options
    chemforever:
    The Kid:
    chemforever:
    Berger and Argenti Mooch
    yea this one is rott and boy was the package destroyed but my sticks survived! I mended a mooch with some pectin a day or two ago, that Connie wrapper is a bit brittle after a year may be my sun morning smoke.
    so what do you think of the flor de los pedros
  • Options
    The Kid:
    chemforever:
    The Kid:
    chemforever:
    Berger and Argenti Mooch
    so what do you think of the flor de los pedros
    haven't had the original flour de Los Antilles to compare but at the modest price point it is a pretty decent stick and I am a fan of maduros even though it's not all that sweet by my standards. Really getting the spice on this last third.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    San Lotano Habano Toro with over a year of rest. Fantastic!
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    San Lotano Habano Toro with over a year of rest. Fantastic!
    Hey Troy good to see ya,, actually was just thinkin bout you and Tony (alienmisprint) today,, Hope all is well with you and the family!!