Home Ratings & Reviews

Whats your go to cigar?

I see a lot of posts about peoples favorite cigars but I was curious what a lot of you smoke the most commonly? Do a lot of you actually smoke your favorite cigar, despite price, on a regular basis or is there an inexpensive option that you got to?

I'm very much a rook but I have now managed to puff on a Rocky Patel Edge and an Ashton VSG along with some Santa Damiana connecticut wrapper smokes that were mild but still nice.
The VSG was hands down the best of the 3 in my opinion and seems to be the favorite for many experienced smokers. I guess I enjoy the full body cigars right out of the gate. That being said, I just don't see myself being able to afford boxes at a time and enjoying them on a regular basis. I still have a ton of brands and styles to try before I'd ever worry about buying a box (I also have a Padron 1964 & Arturo Fuente on deck) but you get my point.

Do any of you absolutely love one or two cigars that just aren't affordable to smoke on a regular basis so you've found an economical choice as your "go to" smoke?

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Man O War, Man O War Ruination, 5 Vegas Classic.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I haven't really smoked anything super high end, haven't really had an occasion that warranted the stick. Anywho, I usually will try to get something like a 5 Vegas Classic or Gold to have on hand, also I have at least 3 or 4 Nubs hanging out in the humi at all times.

Get five packs instead of an entire box of your favorite stick, not quite as cheap as buying a box, but a lot more economical that buying a bunch of singles.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Man O War, Man O War Ruination, 5 Vegas Classic.
    I feel honored, the Cuban Cabinet and 5 Vegas Classic are two of my go-to cigars as well, along with the Verdadero Organic. Still haven't had the MOW yet...gotta get on that train.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padron 3000, Perdomo ESV '91 (seconds), 5 Vegas Classic, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. I enjoy those on a fairly regular basis...as regular as possible with my somewhat erratic cigar smoking habits.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I'm already seeing a common trend here
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Nub Habano, Oliva Serie V, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Fuente Hemingway, Padilla Habano. If I feel like spending some extra cash, I'll go with the Padron 1964.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Sumatra, CAO MX2 and more recently the Punch Champion has gained a spot in the regular rotation.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    5 Vegas Classic, 5 Vegas Gold, Padilla '68, ccom Cameroon
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Arturo Fuente Sun Grown in either the Royal Salute or Chateau Fuente size
    Oliva Serie O Maduro
    Padron Londres
    La Herencia Cubana

I plan on getting about two boxes of each when I get a wineador.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    5 Vegas Gold or Oliva G are getting it done for me right now.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I could live on the Ashton VSG, Camacho triple Maduro, the diploma, Padilla '32, and Tats - but we are taking a step down in price here...

Sol cubano cabinet is #1 - and then probably Oliva O or G maduro, and Padilla habano (with rest)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Padilla '68, Perdomo ESV, ITC 10th Anniversary, 5 Vegas Gold, 5 Vegas Relic, Natural Irish Hops
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    5 vegas series A

Oliva Serie V

Camacho SLR Maduro
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte.

...ok one more...
    CAO italia
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I am trying to smoke as many new things as possible without getting into too much of a commitment with one (implied humor, har har har.) However, I can tell you that, for the price, I'd put the Padilla '68 into my regular rotation, probably also the 5 Vegas Cask Strength, the nub habano (which I'm really in love with, currently) Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic (and I cannot get over how good this thing is.) If you take a price hike, I love me some Camacho Triple Maduro's, those are my favorite cigars and I try to keep ten or so on hand in case of a zombie apocalypse. Most other things I have 1-3 of.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    You try the Nub Cameroon out yet Beta? I love that stick.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Garen B:
    You try the Nub Cameroon out yet Beta? I love that stick.
    LOVE your avatar, by the way. And no, I've only tried the Connie, which was decent, and the Habano, which was fantastic. I'm looking probably to throw the cameroon in my next order to ccom., whenever they hit a daily deal that strikes my fancy.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Anything by Pepin
    Such a DPG ****, van ... lol
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Being so relatively new to the hobby, I've tried to stay dedicated to continually trying new sticks so pretty much everything I get I haven't tried yet...with the exception of some RP...have purchased numerous vintage, decade, edge, etc. For me, it may be cost prohibitive to make those my everyday smokes. I might say the edge is my go-to, but I'm increasingly become a fan of anything DPG too, especially the cuban classic, have had a few of those.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    madurofan:
    No, I'd be an Anejo **** if I could find them all over the place. HAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    when i go to the b&m to buy singles i rarley leave with out grabbing a handful of punch rothschild mm, great value priced smoke, other regular rotation smokes are CAOs, Cubao, RP Singature and Sun Grown, the DPG Cuban Classic will be in there as soon I get a box.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    My go to is 5 Vegas classic or Gold. Cant beat the price.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I go both ways (that doesnt sound like it should) about favorite vs economy. I like to keep some of my favorites on hand----ie 1964 Padron, CAO Soprano, Opus X Belicoso, ect. I also like to have some cheapies on hand both for people who arent big smokers and also for when I dont have a lot of time---but want a smoke....ie Omar Ortez, Padron 3000, St. Luis Rey. Then the third chice I have is for the inbetween days----I have the time and am relaxed or with friends....but its nothing really special. Thats when the Alex Bradley line, Coronado by La Flor, and Antanos come out. I must say though I have never been a fan of cheap bundles just to have smoke at a cheap price----I'll wait til payday.
    i thought the CAO Soprano was over hyped. i like the Brazilia better... even if you dont take price into consideration.

....and the Brazilia isnt even my favorite CAO
    vankleekkw:
    madurofan:
    No, I'd be an Anejo **** if I could find them all over the place. HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Make that an Anejo Shark **** .... :)
    kuzi16:
    i thought the CAO Soprano was over hyped. i like the Brazilia better... even if you dont take price into consideration.

....and the Brazilia isnt even my favorite CAO
    Indeed. The Italia and MX-2 are the best CAO's. Well the Criollo is pretty good, hell, so is the the Cameroon and CX-2.
    dont forget the black.
    What what? What is this black you speak of?
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    5 Vegas Classic or shorty, Ccom Cameroon and Cuban labels, La Aurora Robustos to name a few. These are sticks that I know will always give me an enjoyable smoke and won't let me down.