Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Courtesy of BigFer a FFP and Nickiam a Vijae shaggy foot and a La Riquezza... Great day herfing with the fellas..
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Camacho PE 1962- one of my all time favorite smoke.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    787 from Rip, an all time favorite of mine, full review to follow soon image
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fired up a Camacho Corojo last night that I "won" from their "Get Real" contest.
    Flavors were good....but I have to say I was not impressed with the construction.

The wrapper started to crack at the foot about 5 minutes into the smoke.
    Then, after I was about 3/4 inch in, the dang thing went out on me after setting it down for only about 3 minutes to work the grill.
    Re-cut it and re-lit then about 10-15 minutes later it started to canoe like no other.
    Gave up at that point and set it down.....

I guess I shouldn't complain since it was "free" - but IDK, I hope that anyone else "won" cigars from this contest got better quality than I did.
    All of the other Camachos I've had in the past were great smokes, so this must have just been an off-stick or could have been user error....who knows.
    But had this of been my first Camacho, I'd be hesitant to try them again.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Over the past week on guard duty, I've smoked a MOW PA, Diesel and a Signature Collection. All were coronas. MOW PA is always a good smoke, but the Diesel really struck me as being a good smoke. I hear everyone talk about them, I should have checked it out sooner! Tonight I plan on having a MAXX Brazil.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Over the past week on guard duty, I've smoked a MOW PA, Diesel and a Signature Collection. All were coronas. MOW PA is always a good smoke, but the Diesel really struck me as being a good smoke. I hear everyone talk about them, I should have checked it out sooner! Tonight I plan on having a MAXX Brazil.
    Great choices, bro. I try to always keep a few "AJ coronas" on hand for quick 30-40 min smokes. I've yet to have one I truly disliked - but IMO the PA, Diesel, and 1844 are the best "AJ coronas" - can't go wrong.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Last night- El Titan de Bronze Redemption image Another from Jim's bomb and possibly the best stick I've had yet. There was a great fig-ish taste behind the toast and tobacco that I hadnt noticed in any other stick yet. I cant find much info on these but deffinitely want more.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    la perla habana morado toro
  • Options
    I burnt "The Griffin"...not impressed. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't anything to write home about either. I won't bother trying to find another.
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    Mmm, mmm, good!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    601 red
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Zino Platinum 10 Year Anniversary NY Collectors Edition Toro. Review in my cigar journal. Photobucket
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    K. Hansotia Park Avenue 44 connie. I know, I know. Dont knock it till you try it. One of my favorite connies and you cant beat the price.

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    camacho pre-embargo
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    DPG Blue Lancero, consider my mind officially blown.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha legend with over a year on it, paired with some Sam Adams octoberfest! Great pairing, and a decent smoke, aside from the wrapper issues
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
  • Options
    musicman3:
    nice choice. one of my favorites.
  • Options

so far ive had to touch it up twice, im sure it's not easy to make the oval shape, but the construction is not making me a fan. still has good draw and taste.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i like it. lots of cream, cocoa, honey right off the bat.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    mac vintage 1997 maduro in a figurado shape. This thing is awsome.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a Oliva Serie V Double robusto while some George T. Stagg.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehehat:
    Last night- El Titan de Bronze Redemption image Another from Jim's bomb and possibly the best stick I've had yet. There was a great fig-ish taste behind the toast and tobacco that I hadnt noticed in any other stick yet. I cant find much info on these but deffinitely want more.
    I love those.. Especially Maduro, box worthy!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    ehehat:
    I love those.. Especially Maduro, box worthy!!
    Completely agree. Why can't I find this anywhere?? I'd buy a box tomorrow if I could find one.
  • Options
    But in the meantime: Joya de Nic Antano Dark Corojo. Also very good. A sweet cigar with a fairly strong coffee finish. Paired with a Beck's and it's working pretty well. Note the candy dish ashtray, the 5 dollar cutter, and the cheapest lighter I could buy. Newb gotta start somewhere! It works and at least the smoke and the beer are good! image
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ehehat:
    But in the meantime: Joya de Nic Antano Dark Corojo. Also very good. A sweet cigar with a fairly strong coffee finish. Paired with a Beck's and it's working pretty well. Note the candy dish ashtray, the 5 dollar cutter, and the cheapest lighter I could buy. Newb gotta start somewhere! It works and at least the smoke and the beer are good! image
    Nubbing it up...I like it! Everyone starts somewhere..he11, I'm still there! I just got my first Xikar like two weeks ago.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    ehehat:
    I just had one of these this past weekend. I loved the flavor of it, super strong though i was dizzy when i stood up.
  • Options
    Imgembo:
    ehehat:
    I just had one of these this past weekend. I loved the flavor of it, super strong though i was dizzy when i stood up.
    My head was swimming a bit too but I just figured it was the drink!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Have t grab some more of theseimage