Home General Discussion
Options

CIGARFEST 2013

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    JGKAMIN:
    They have a problem with the shirts. Tickets were shipped if that's all you're getting but if you're getting the shirt and hat they don't plan to ship until Monday. I was getting worried when my order shows as shipped and I didn't get it yet but see tickets in hand popping up on eBay.
    ////THis had best b wrong!!! As my tix and shirt need a double ship (first to a USA botl, then off to me), + a border crossing....ahhhh!! Time to make some calls later today...and revisit this idea!!
  • Options
    Nope but let me know when it arrives! hehehehe... I am dreaming of smoking at night...
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    bearb:
    JGKAMIN:
    They have a problem with the shirts. Tickets were shipped if that's all you're getting but if you're getting the shirt and hat they don't plan to ship until Monday. I was getting worried when my order shows as shipped and I didn't get it yet but see tickets in hand popping up on eBay.
    ////THis had best b wrong!!! As my tix and shirt need a double ship (first to a USA botl, then off to me), + a border crossing....ahhhh!! Time to make some calls later today...and revisit this idea!!
    Barry,

If they say there may be an issue with you getting your stuff on time, and if you're comfortable with it, you can have them shipped to me and I'll just meet you with them on Thursday night.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    bearb:
    JGKAMIN:
    Barry,

If they say there may be an issue with you getting your stuff on time, and if you're comfortable with it, you can have them shipped to me and I'll just meet you with them on Thursday night.

mike,
    that is very generous of you, and of course I would be comfotable with it!!!! but all is now resolved with a quick call
    -basically, they had a few issues with the shirts...so only plain tix orders have been shipped thus far
    -hats have arrived, and are being processed as we speak, to go out asap
    -shirts +tix wont b sent til next week

(please remember thought that 6000 tix + hats + shirt combo's kinda makes for crazy packaging, especially when stuff happens that is outta ppl's control...but time limits still apply)
    -my stuff will now go directly to CF and i will pick it up there from &^#$# on #$*& @ the $#*&&$# event; or if i am delayed @ the border and miss them, from *&*&$# inside C.F. itself :)

So no one panic, orders will be processed and shipped asap...i have it on good authority!!
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Not sure how or why they'd have a problem with the shirts when they could've and should've had them done months ago. I guess for the vast majority of us it doesn't matter as long as we have them that week, but those planning to flip them on eBay and turn a profit are now pressed for time.
  • Options
    JGKAMIN:
    Not sure how or why they'd have a problem with the shirts when they could've and should've had them done months ago. I guess for the vast majority of us it doesn't matter as long as we have them that week, but those planning to flip them on eBay and turn a profit are now pressed for time.
    /////As per the 'why' or 'what'....dont much matter, as it just 'is.' As per the E-Bay flippers, "awwwwwwww, toooo bhaad, soooo shaaaad." In case you dont get my sarcasm....i dont feel bad at all for ebay re-sellers. If someone had/has a legitimate issue, had a change of plans/life and now cannot make CFest, they can phone and cancel the tix, literally right up to the point @ which they are being shipped. Those on the waiting list might be very grateful for the opportunity. Just my thoughts, for what they are worth....remember, often we get what we pay for ;)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Any updates on this? I still have not received tickets or shirts yet. And no, I'm not looking to sell mine.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    They were supposedly going to ship out yesterday...hopefully soon.
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I didn't get a ticket they were sold out before I knew anything about it. I've heard different people say different things. What can a ticket holder with a hat and shirt expect to receive as far as a number of cigars, and what kind of accessories ?
  • Options
    Stsepas:
    I didn't get a ticket they were sold out before I knew anything about it. I've heard different people say different things. What can a ticket holder with a hat and shirt expect to receive as far as a number of cigars, and what kind of accessories ?
    A goodly amount.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Any updates on this? I still have not received tickets or shirts yet. And no, I'm not looking to sell mine.
    I'm giving them a call if it doesn't come today.
  • Options
    Stsepas:

I actually know someone who had 2 people back out on him. If someone is still looking for a General ticket for Friday, send me a PM.

As far as number of cigars, it varies each year, but if you search the trades, contests etc for my Cfest annual contest, I put up a count in there. The contest will happen this year as well to keep tradition going.
  • Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    I still have not got them as well as my buddy. No shirt, hat, or tickets. There is a forum thread on cbid stating that they had a mishap and shirts were sent out on Monday with arrival tomorrow. We shall see. It's cutting it REAL close at this point.
  • Options
    I didn't get mine today either and I live very close so if it shipped Monday I should have on Tuesday. I find this inexcusable. They should be designed and manufactured long ago. Then sold and paid for 2 1/2 months ago and then still have people travelling from out of town and waiting within a week?
  • Options
    So, We need to set up an official meet up. Last year we got together after the Diesel bonfire in the tent where they serve lunch. I propose that we do it again. plenty of places to sit and relax. Bring coolers, or whatever you want. So my suggestion is 10:30 PM thursday night in the tent where lunch is held. If you have never been there before, it is the tent set up outside the galleria. or find us at the BonFire. I will most likely be wearing my cigarfellas hoodie.

Attendees:
    1. Roman
    2. Brent (Moose)
    3. Dan Lewis (Hardcz)
    4. Luke (Tyland64)
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    So, We need to set up an official meet up. Last year we got together after the Diesel bonfire in the tent where they serve lunch. I propose that we do it again. plenty of places to sit and relax. Bring coolers, or whatever you want. So my suggestion is 10:30 PM thursday night in the tent where lunch is held. If you have never been there before, it is the tent set up outside the galleria. or find us at the BonFire. I will most likely be wearing my cigarfellas hoodie.

Attendees:
    1. Roman
    2. Brent (Moose)
    3. Dan Lewis (Hardcz)
    4. Luke (Tyland64)
    im in
  • Options
    Trident:

Attendees:
    1. Roman
    2. Brent (Moose)
    3. Dan Lewis (Hardcz)
    4. Luke (Tyland64)
    5.Gruber (Psycho)
  • Options
    Trident:
    Trident:

Attendees:
    1. Roman
    2. Brent (Moose)
    3. Dan Lewis (Hardcz)
    4. Luke (Tyland64)
    5.Gruber (Psycho)
    I'll be there Thursday night for the Man O' War event and the bonfire. Schedule has the bonfire starting at 10:00 I know Barry (bearb) will be there too. Anyone else going to the MoW event?
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    The Man O War event on Wednesday night?
  • Options
    CigarMan37:
    The Man O War event on Wednesday night?
    Thursday the 25th. 4:00 - 8:00

http://www.cigarfest.org/cfest13/schedule.aspx?day=thursday&event=man_o_war_event#nav
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    Trident:
    Trident:

Attendees:
    1. Roman
    2. Brent (Moose)
    3. Dan Lewis (Hardcz)
    4. Luke (Tyland64)
    5.Gruber (Psycho)
    I'll be there Thursday night for the Man O' War event and the bonfire. Schedule has the bonfire starting at 10:00 I know Barry (bearb) will be there too. Anyone else going to the MoW event?
    If thats the case, then we will do it 15-30 min after the fire department puts out the bonfire. I will also leave it to Alex to change location if he thinks its necessary, or has a better idea.
  • Options
    vtang13vtang13 Posts: 1
    Gentlemen,
    Sorry to jump in your conversation. I am trying to figure out the best way to sell a Ticket for Saturday, have one icket. You all seem to be regulars here so didn't know if you knew anyone looking. I will be at the Drew Estate event Thursday and can deliver then or on saturday. If youknow anyone please have them contact me. Thanks
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I'm getting in Thursday around 6pm, hitting up the Man O' War event then the bonfire. Then meet-up?
  • Options
    I don't know if everyone's still waiting for their tickets to arrive, but I got a shipment notice this morning and according to UPS, they're out for delivery today.
  • Options
    i got the same thing. Should be delivered today!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Same. Got mine today.
  • Options
    That is one ugly-ass shirt they sent everyone this year. I'm quite mesmerized about how awful looking this thing is.

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...for real? How much was that?
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    That is one ugly-ass shirt they sent everyone this year. I'm quite mesmerized about how awful looking this thing is.

Beat me to it, just got mine and I feel like I've been slimed.
  • Options
    tcalassotcalasso Posts: 1
    Hey if anyone is looking for 2 tickets for saturday night, My boyfriend and I won't be able to make it and are selling them at face value...We got cigar nut tickets, two hats, and two shirts. PM me if anyone needs