Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Libre

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Anyone had the oppurtunity to burn any of these yet .If so what was your opinion and thoughts on it. Looks really tasty ...

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Dang Gene...I was hoping you had burned one and were going to answer that same question. It sounds good, and any favorable comparison to Padron is good as gold in my book, but I just can't be buying any more cigars until I smoke down at least about 50.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    They are good, and you can't beat the price. I like cigars and coffee, and cigars with coffee flavors. These have a sweetness to them as well. I didn't get the cedar though, but it did not have much sitting time before I smoked it. Prolly gonna get a box b4 long, lemme know if you might want a split.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Is this the cigar that uses the same wrapper as the Padron 1964? i think Alex was talking about this on some earlier thread.

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah it uses the same wrapper as the '64. Have not tried one yet Joe but I hear ya on the Padron's. I'm going to try these in the next couple weeks and may be down for a split Cabinet ...I like the coffey flavored smokes as well Greg ...two of my favorites are the DE Java Maduro and the DE Tabak Especial .Will let you know.
    I was just reading the description on ccom for this one...to paraphrase, they compare it favorably to Padron but with a more economical price point. Here's the thing, if they are comparing it to the regular Padron line, then the Nica Libre is about 30% more expensive. Then again, since they didn't specify, maybe they were comparing it to the Anniversary blends. I wonder?
    I took it to be the Anniversary blends but maybe I was wrong ...I just thought that since the wrapper comparison ...
    Probably Gene, I doubt ccom would make such an oversight. I was only making mention of it because they didn't really specify...it's all about specificity with me. :)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea Alex did say that they use the same wrapper as the Aniv. But I was looking at the regular Padron's and the Nica Libre are still cheaper... The Nica Libre box of Robustos are $54.95 for 20. Thats $2.75 a stick. The Padron robusto is $104.95 for a box of 26 which works out to $4.04 a stick... How is that 30% cheaper? I'm not a math major by any means, but how did you get that number Joe?
    Did you happen to compare the price on the singles? If you didn't, then compare the price on a Padron 2000 single and the Nica Libre robusto. Because I get $4.08 for the Padron and $6 even for the Nica. Now, I'm not a math major by any means, but the last time I checked 6 was bigger than 4.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Did you happen to compare the price on the singles? If you didn't, then compare the price on a Padron 2000 single and the Nica Libre robusto. Because I get $4.08 for the Padron and $6 even for the Nica. Now, I'm not a math major by any means, but the last time I checked 6 was bigger than 4.
    Well clearly you have been mislead my friend! You must be using that new math! LOL No I wasn't checking out the singles. Sorry about that, I was just looking at the box price which is dramatically lower. I got ya now bud. I'm a little slow sometimes and you have to explain things clearly and slowly for me, you were just typing WAY too fast for me to keep up.

What sense does that make for them to be $6 for a single but less than $60 for a box of 20? Thats one hell of a mark up!
    I know right? I understand that a single is going to cost a bit more than the box breakdown, but this one figures out to twice the price, a little much I say. I know the only time I'd buy a single of this is to try it out, and if I liked it I'd be boxes all the way.
    cabinetmaker:
    They are good, and you can't beat the price. I like cigars and coffee, and cigars with coffee flavors. These have a sweetness to them as well. I didn't get the cedar though, but it did not have much sitting time before I smoked it. Prolly gonna get a box b4 long, lemme know if you might want a split.
    If you're still up for a box split, I'm game. I didn't realize how inexpensive the boxes were, so I don't mind going in on a split to try this one out. What size did you have in mind? I don't know which is the best, so it doesn't much matter to me. But let me know and we can hammer out the details.
    I'm game, gimme a bit as I'm busily clearing out a slot on a drawer for them, lol. I'll order a couple boxes and we can go from there.
    Cool. Shoot me a pm when you're ready to go and I'll mail you some money..and maybe a little something else.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    ..... I'll mail you some money..and maybe a little something else.
    ... 'cause that's the way Joe rolls.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Aww shucks. :)
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Aww shucks. :)

Our very own Smokin' Joe
  • If it is compared to a Padron then I will definetely try one. If its half as good as a Padron 64 then it will be worth it!
  • j0z3r:

The last time I checked jozer you were the worst cigar consumer ever.  you cant count, your taste in cigars sucks ass and quite frankly your nothing short of a smelly ass dirtbag.  I bid you good day cheese ***

troll

Hey guys, apparently I'm a ..."smelly ass dirtbag", sorry if I offend. :) Come on out of the trailer park and I'll teach you some proper grammar lil' Johnny.
  • Trailer Park??? where do you get that from. Probably the same place you get all of the other nonsense that you put out there. You my friend are an idiot. You have about as much business typing your nonsense about cigars and I have to landing the space shuttle on the moon...either way it always ends in disaster. I like to read the posts and buy the cigars you hate, and s h i t can the ones you love. Jozer equals WORST **** I N G AFICIONADO EVER!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    johnnywalkerblue:
    Trailer Park??? where do you get that from. Probably the same place you get all of the other nonsense that you put out there. You my friend are an idiot. You have about as much business typing your nonsense about cigars and I have to landing the space shuttle on the moon...either way it always ends in disaster. I like to read the posts and buy the cigars you hate, and s h i t can the ones you love. Jozer equals WORST **** I N G AFICIONADO EVER!
    Hey bud, cool it a bit, wipe the froth from your mouth and actually read what Joe has to say. More often than not, I learn something new from a bunch of his posts. And you spelled joz3r wrong.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    johnnywalkerblue:
    Trailer Park??? where do you get that from. Probably the same place you get all of the other nonsense that you put out there. You my friend are an idiot. You have about as much business typing your nonsense about cigars and I have to landing the space shuttle on the moon...either way it always ends in disaster. I like to read the posts and buy the cigars you hate, and s h i t can the ones you love. Jozer equals WORST **** I N G AFICIONADO EVER!
    Boy, Joe... seems like you really pissed someone off eh?
    Question is Johnny? Who the F*ck are you??
    We all know Joe to be a stand up guy with lots of knowledge and the class to not bad mouth people here in our backyard.
    So who the hell are YOU to come in here with your Sh!tty attitude and even worse manners?
    Go find somewhere else to play Johnny.
    When you learn some manners and return with an apology to a respected member of this community... then you can start to rebuild your own rep.
    Good luck with that troll.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    laker1963:
    johnnywalkerblue:
    Boy, Joe... seems like you really pissed someone off eh?
    Question is Johnny? Who the F*ck are you??
    We all know Joe to be a stand up guy with lots of knowledge and the class to not bad mouth people here in our backyard.
    So who the hell are YOU to come in here with your Sh!tty attitude and even worse manners?
    Go find somewhere else to play Johnny.
    When you learn some manners and return with an apology to a respected member of this community... then you can start to rebuild your own rep.
    Good luck with that troll.
    Who is this guy and why and how did he get a hair accross his a$$ for Joz3r
    Just a random troll dumb-a$$ ---they pop in from time to time when they want something to play with besides themselves--Ccom usually does a good job of blowing them out or shutting them down ...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Anyway...I wish I had had the room to pick some of these up a day ago when they were the daily deal. Sounds like they might be pretty good.
    I think I'm gonna put in my next order this coming monday, maybe tuesday. There's gonna be a box or 2 of these on that order. Split ne1?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I would, but I just picked up two of the five packs when they were on daily deal. Can't wait to try 'em though.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    alienmisprint:
    I would, but I just picked up two of the five packs when they were on daily deal. Can't wait to try 'em though.
    Same here
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cabinetmaker:
    I think I'm gonna put in my next order this coming monday, maybe tuesday. There's gonna be a box or 2 of these on that order. Split ne1?
    I'll have to let you know Cabi... I have some coming and would like to test drive them first.