Home Non Cigar Related

Doc's weight loss

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
Hey guys and gals. I've been hardcore dieting for the past month and pretty proud of my self so wanted to share. Luckily, cigars do not have any calories so that has been my one guilty pleasure. Long story short, after the birth of our daughter, I realized that I had gotten way too "big" and wanted to make a change. I had contemplated offering some sort of weight loss plan in my office for quite sometime and decide to finally do it. I started this plan on May 20 2013 and I weighed 258lbs. As of today, 25 days into the program, I am down 28 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goal is to get down to 205 so I am just over half way! I just wanted to share my excitement with my BOTLs! Stay tuned for before and after pictures!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations sir. My goal is 205 as well. Can you elaborate on what you've been doing to achieve this awesomeness?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Physician, reduce thyself.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Physician, reduce thyself.
    LOL, nice!
    james40:
    Congratulations sir. My goal is 205 as well. Can you elaborate on what you've been doing to achieve this awesomeness?
    Thank you! Where ya starting from James? Umm, I don't want to turn this thread into a sales pitch so I will Pm you some info.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I am most interested, too. Needed to do this for a while now. I want to get to around 220 and keep it there. I know if I go much lower, I'd just put it back on. Pushing 255 and just under 6'5".
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel:
    I am most interested, too. Needed to do this for a while now. I want to get to around 220 and keep it there. I know if I go much lower, I'd just put it back on. Pushing 255 and just under 6'5".
    PM incoming
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Congrats on the progress Doc... I am the a$$ hat that after reducing caloric intake to about 5000 per meal drops down to 205... on the flip side I am still 10 pounds overweight by that BMI chart.
    (Best Homer J Simpson voice) Stupid Chart... The medical community should look into that... because at 6'4" and 195 lbs. A person looks like a corpse.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    +1. I'm 205ish trying to get to 190.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeepers. Sounds familiar. I was up around 248 when I started playing handball three times a week. Now, my morning weight after dropping a deuce and taking a shower is 211. Zero dieting whatsoever; just an hour of strenuous competition three times a week. My fighting weight when I was a yoot was 185. But that's not a fair comparo, cause I was built like a boxer back then. At 185 I'd be gaunt now. If I could get under 200 I'd be golden. Not apt to happen.

Diets appear to be like back surgery. Everyone swears by the result right off; but a year later it's worse than ever.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    185 - 205. I'm like a frickin accordion.

The difference? Alcohol. Cruel world.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    macs-smokes:
    Congrats on the progress Doc... I am the a$$ hat that after reducing caloric intake to about 5000 per meal drops down to 205... on the flip side I am still 10 pounds overweight by that BMI chart.
    (Best Homer J Simpson voice) Stupid Chart... The medical community should look into that... because at 6'4" and 195 lbs. A person looks like a corpse.
    haha bmi is largely outdated and is by no means an end all of where you should be at!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Nice job! Now that i'm done with grad school I gotta get the weight down. At 240 now and want to be back down to about 195. I think I'm also about healed enough to start playing soccer again (rehabbed a knee and then pulled groin that the sports doc said should have torn).
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work Doc. I used to float around the 190-200 mark when I was really active and running races and the such. Nowadays, I'm actually pretty content to hover around 250. Helps that the Mrs. enjoys a larger man.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Doc. PM to you.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the success Doc ...... And what's the method to you're success? I need to start planning for the future as well.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up the good work Doc
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you I'm in that 240ish range and only 5'8. I'm really going to have to get serious cause half a$$ing it ain't working.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.
    Loosing weight, especially serious weight, can be a battle.
    Keep at it though and you will win.
    I was at 250 and in a period of just over a month I am down to 230.
    My target is 200, so it's going to be a battle.
    Doctors orders you see.
    I broke into the 220's today. Weighed in at 228 after eating a little too much while celebrating my first Father's day. So a total of 30 down in 29 days! Woohoo! I think I responded to all PM's but I was really busy this weekend. I didn't get online one time until today! Thanks again for all the words of encouragement! It really does help!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    I broke into the 220's today. Weighed in at 228 after eating a little too much while celebrating my first Father's day. So a total of 30 down in 29 days! Woohoo! I think I responded to all PM's but I was really busy this weekend. I didn't get online one time until today! Thanks again for all the words of encouragement! It really does help!
    PM
    Rain:
    mmccartneydc:
    PM
    Replied!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    GO DOC GO... GO DOC GO...
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations. keep up the good work brother,
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Congrats! I must know your secret! I'm currently trying to lose weight myself
    Well, after plateau-ing for a couple days, it has started to come off again. Down 2 more for a total of 32! Just saw 2 PM's that I missed to kingjk and whodey. Will get those out shortly!
    Well, I am still dropping, just not near as fast. 3 more for a total of 35. Only 18 more to go til my target of 205!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you Doc. That's quite a bit of pressure off of your hip, knee, and ankle joints. Keep it up!!
    Poker Slob:
    Congrats to you Doc. That's quite a bit of pressure off of your hip, knee, and ankle joints. Keep it up!!
    Thank you sir! Yeah, I feel a ton better and I am not avoiding mirrors as much as I used to! LOL
    The real test is going to be when I go and have a new physical done. I can not wait to compare my cholesterol and liver enzyme numbers from before and after!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Doc!! (& Rodney and everyone else who's droppin' weight)

beatnic:
    185 - 205. I'm like a frickin accordion.

The difference? Alcohol. Cruel world.
    +1
    I love my craft beers, heck I love beer in general .... but god damn those things have sooo many calories.

And now that it's summer, it's not helping that we've been keeping ice cream treats in the freezer .... those drumsticks are like friggin crack. Dang it!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *