Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and damned glad to have you with us Walt, these are an awesome group of guys save for a few bad apples (like myself and Trident and Glock etc just to name a few, we be troublemakers for sure hahaha), welcome and head over to the Trades and Passes section there are a lot of great opportunities to get involved in the reindeer games easily enough :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome PAtoNH and Walt. Nice to have you join us.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome guys!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    bump and Welcome
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo from lovely, well lovely in my opinion, Sacramento, CA. New to the forum, but not new to the hobby. This forum is great, now if I could just find a group of guys local who love the hobby as much as me we could shoot the *** over a good stick and tell lies about how awesome we were in high school. I'm glad to be here. Thanks for the welcome. Now if I can just figure out how to post pics I'd be golden.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome blu. As far as posting pics,.........I use a photobucket account. Lots of members here use photobucket. It's pretty easy.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on the Photobucket. Very simple from a phone or from phone to computer.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I use photobucket also, for some of my more off the wall pictures. I have 1 alblum on my Facebook account that I made public, so I can just post from there if its a cigar related picture.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm going to set one up now.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big welcome to the new guys. Buy a cooler...you'll need it!
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Sage advice!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Cooler, interesting. I was thinking of building a bigger humidor, but a cooler would be a heck of a lot cheaper. Plus I got a few Igloo's in the garage. Hmmm, I wonder what that old salami I left in the cooler would make my sticks taste like. Could make for an interesting experiment.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome blu. As far as posting pics,.........I use a photobucket account. Lots of members here use photobucket. It's pretty easy.
    image Worked perfectly! Thanks.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Bob Luken:
    Please say you didn't buy that box.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    blutattoo:
    Bob Luken:
    Gift from my bud in Belize. Couldn't tell you if they were legit, since this was my one and only "habano" experience. They were tasty and free which rate very highly in my book. He sent me some Siglo 4's as well which weren't that good. I actually gave most of them away.
  • Options
    blutattoo:
    SleevePlz:
    blutattoo:
    Bob Luken:
    Gift from my bud in Belize. Couldn't tell you if they were legit, since this was my one and only "habano" experience. They were tasty and free which rate very highly in my book. He sent me some Siglo 4's as well which weren't that good. I actually gave most of them away.
    Yeah sorry to say but those are fakes brother :(
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    blutattoo:
    SleevePlz:
    blutattoo:
    Bob Luken:
    For a learning experience for me, how can you tell they are fake?
  • Options
    MorganGeo:
    90+ Irishman:
    blutattoo:
    SleevePlz:
    blutattoo:
    Bob Luken:
    For a learning experience for me, how can you tell they are fake?
    Well in this case I am not aware of any legit Cohiba packs that come in glass tubes and inside of a slide lid glass top box. So that is number 1, second the Cohiba sticker isn't quite right, hard for me to point out why it just isn't "right " and I'm not sure how else to say. The lettering isn't quite right nor is the color of yellow. Several small things, but biggest is the packaging format.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Yikes! Look at the tops of those bands... none of them are the same.

Hey welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Yikes! Look at the tops of those bands... none of them are the same.

Hey welcome to the forum!
    Thanks buddy!
  • Options
    Hello all! New here. Just started smoking cigars a few years ago with my husband's influence. I am a smart ass and beer enthusiast as well. Hope to chat with some nice people.
  • Options
    Car Ramrod:
    Hello all! New here. Just started smoking cigars a few years ago with my husband's influence. I am a smart ass and beer enthusiast as well. Hope to chat with some nice people.
    Welcome, you've come to the right place! Enjoy it here
  • Options
    Car Ramrod:
    Welcome! Smart **** will definitely feel right at home with this group! Welcome again.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Car Ramrod:
    Welcome aboard .and I love that movie!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Car Ramrod:

• Options
    Car Ramrod:

• Options
    Car Ramrod:

• Options
    twistedstem:
    Car Ramrod:
    You must REALLY! love the movie! 4 times!!?!?
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Newbies!
  • Options
    Come on in and sit a spell. Think you will like it. Welcome.