Home General Discussion

UPDATE - Now Nine Months Cigarette Free!

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
My wife and I are both long time cig smokers. We've wanted to quit for a while now. For those of you who have/do smoke cigs, you know how hard that can be. Well, we got the E-Cigs today. Its a easier step down system. Im really hoping this works, and we can get off them all together.

Cigars however, are staying around!

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Good cigars (and some bad ones) did the trick for me.

E-Cigs seem to be the trick for my step kids, and they don't smell at all (the kids).
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Good luck bro.I'm five days on the wagon.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Well, tonight is not the night to start trying to quit. They need to charge anyway...here soon, I'll ditch the cigs, and see where it takes me.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quitting cigs is a hard and long process. I hope this works for you and the wife.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to pick a BIG day like New Years Day to quit. I know. For some reason it helps to stay dedicated.
    Bob Luken:
    It's good to pick a BIG day like New Years Day to quit. I know. For some reason it helps to stay dedicated.
    Thats pretty much the plan...we'll be charged and ready then. Side note, our local BnM sucks...no black ice jars....nothing but mold pucks actually.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Good luck Boots!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish you the best of luck. It's been 9 months since my last cig. I do use the E-cig (vaporizer) tho.
    onestrangeone:
    Wish you the best of luck. It's been 9 months since my last cig. I do use the E-cig (vaporizer) tho.
    Do you use the 24, 18 or 11? We started with the 24, and I think it might be a little bit strong.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be the best thing you have ever done. Me and the wife quit almost a year ago. Tough process, but once you get over the initial phase you will not miss it at all. Used the ecigs and they helped. Really like the disposable ones from White Cloud. Looking forward to enjoying a cigar at night helped get through the day. Stay away from small cigars like a petit corona size. Will give you a feeling of a cigarette.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    onestrangeone:
    Do you use the 24, 18 or 11? We started with the 24, and I think it might be a little bit strong.
    I'm at 24 (started with 36) but I was smokeing 2-2 1/2 packs of pall mall reds a day, now 2.0ml (about 1 1/2 packs worth) of 24 will get me through about 2 days. It does take some time to get used to it, hang in there!
    I went with the "natural" flavor, in the 24. Its pretty strong, I think were going to bump down to 18 and go from there.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Jay and to your wife as well
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Thats pretty much the plan...we'll be charged and ready then. Side note, our local BnM sucks...no black ice jars....nothing but mold pucks actually.
    I got mine on cbid
    thehilk:
    New Boots:
    I got mine on cbid
    I'm going to look on there...if not, I'll just get them from Ccom

Day 1 smokes: 0
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Which B&M you using?

Manhattan has a decent B&M...If you get to KC Outlaw is good!... if you get south to Ta' Town I know most of them and can recommend those with the best selection and prices.

Grats on loosing the Cigs.
    macs-smokes:
    Which B&M you using?

Manhattan has a decent B&M...If you get to KC Outlaw is good!... if you get south to Ta' Town I know most of them and can recommend those with the best selection and prices.

Grats on loosing the Cigs.
    The ones in JC are crap....I've been to the one in Manhattan a few times...not a great selection, and their accessory selection is horrible...but not to bad. We go to KC off and on...my wifes parents live in KC.

Anything in Topeka that you know of?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you holding up..?

When I resumed smoking cigars (about 3 months ago) I wasn't even aware how drastically I had reduced my cigaret smoking. Then I guess I went at least a week without smoking a cigaret at all. When I finally did light one it tasted so bad (it was actually disgusting)I have lost any desire for one.

Not Topeka... I am sure that is the nastiest state capitol save DC. I don't travel to there save pass through to see wife's great aunt. Salina is lacking in B&Ms too. I know we have a BOTL living in the KC area who would be more helpful than I am for that area.
    jd50ae:
    How you holding up..?

When I resumed smoking cigars (about 3 months ago) I wasn't even aware how drastically I had reduced my cigaret smoking. Then I guess I went at least a week without smoking a cigaret at all. When I finally did light one it tasted so bad (it was actually disgusting)I have lost any desire for one.

Day 3...cigs = 0
    macs-smokes:
    Not Topeka... I am sure that is the nastiest state capitol save DC. I don't travel to there save pass through to see wife's great aunt. Salina is lacking in B&Ms too. I know we have a BOTL living in the KC area who would be more helpful than I am for that area.
    when it warms up, we should herf!
    Watching this game is testing me here!
    day 4 - still 0
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it up. Great job
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I quit cigs about two years ago.... My method was by telling myself it's not worth smoking a cigarette right now and wait till a get home so that i can sit down, relax, and enjoy a cigar. Cigars helped me quit.
    Day 7 - Cigs = 0
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Stay strong.
    I'm going to slowly start backing off the E-Cig. Dropping the strength of the fluid I use first...and try to drop it all together.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Day 7 - Cigs = 0
    Way to go!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Grats on the lack of cigarettes.