Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem with a La Aroma de Cuba a couple weeks ago.. It tunnelled badly and then burned back through about an inch and a half down, so I had to snap off the un-burned part..Taste was decent, just a crazy burn.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    I enjoyed a man o war out on the deck last night along with a few rum & cokes, theres just something about smoking in the late evening/night hours that winds me down. Got my eye on a rockey patel fusion or a vintage 90 for later.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had 1 and a half yesterday. Started with an Oliva O Torpedo. This one was much much much better than the last O that I had. I started a Gurkha DragonFire last night. Got about half done. It was ok. I was not thrilled with at at all.
  • Options
    LFD Ligero Torpedo & Padilla Habano Toro.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Forgot to mention I had a CAO Soprano last night. It was a very interesting smoke, not my cup of tea, and not worth the money that it would cost MSRP, but a good smoke, and really just what I wanted last night.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Forgot to mention I had a CAO Soprano last night. It was a very interesting smoke, not my cup of tea, and not worth the money that it would cost MSRP, but a good smoke, and really just what I wanted last night.
    What a coincidence! I had that same smoke too!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had a camacho connecticut.

this is a newer smoke from camacho and even though it is a connecticut wrapper, i still feel like this needs more time to rest. It has the base to be a great mild-med smoke, but there was a touch of harsh and a few minor burn issues. both of these i feel would be fixed with time in the humidor. In about 6 months i bet they will be great.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    F'in right!!!! I just got a new job! Now I need a great cigar to smoke tonight!! Oh boy, the choices!!!!
  • Options
    congrats.

smoke something strong after a good dinner.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Sancho Panza double maduro in the Quixote size for the first time today. Perfect draw and tons of smoke with a great coffee flavor. Smelled great too. This seems like a great alternative to my morning coffee connecticut.
  • Options
    I am going to a cigar tasting event and smoking something from this guy.  Jesus Fuego

They sound good.
  • Options
    magicseven:
    I am going to a cigar tasting event and smoking something from this guy.  Jesus Fuego

They sound good.
    Jesus Fuego is a Master Blender who has worked with several companies and is credited with developing the Rocky Patel Vintage 92 and 90 cigars. If his own stuff is that good, you are in for some nice cigars.
  • Options
    magicseven:

They sound good.
    edit ..duplicate
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I think I'm about to go light up a Cabaiguan... Mmmm... I haven't had one in a while and it's about time I fix that problem!
  • Options
    Had a cuban blend ccom this morning with coffee and after a couple years of resting I like it much more when I first got them! Looking to pick out my after dinner cigar, I just got some decades in and im tempted to fire one up! cheers
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Enjoyed a Man O' War tonight in celebration of getting the job. Not a bad cigar! Very enjoyable. Nearly put me on my butt since I don't often smoke full bodied cigars. My buddy was with me and he had on my my CAO L'anniversaire Cameroon.

It was a good night!
  • Options
    Having an Oliva Serie V Robusto ( i think). So far i kinda love it!!?? Nice peppery taste but doesnt over blow your taste buds but yet you definately know its there. Also some other tastes of wood and i do believe some earthy maybe mushroom tastes. A definite full body, more of something i can see in the fall or mild winter to smoke as it would warm you up a bit. Im becoming a more full bodied kinda guy considering my taste buds arent very good so i need that extra kick. Having a mount gay rum with cherry pepsi with it and so far it goes pretty good. Im sure theres something better to pair it with but not feeling beer tonight and i have little to drink. I think water wouldnt be a very good drink with this stick but im only about an inch into it. I need to look at oliva more than what i do.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Hugemoose:
    Enjoyed a Man O' War tonight in celebration of getting the job. Not a bad cigar! Very enjoyable. Nearly put me on my butt since I don't often smoke full bodied cigars. My buddy was with me and he had on my my CAO L'anniversaire Cameroon.

It was a good night!
    Congrats on the job! I'm smoking a MOW myself right now.
  • Options
    Just finished a 5Vegas Limitada 06 with my new 5vegas Limitada ashtray thanks j0z3r!
  • Options
    nickgonzo:
    Just finished a 5Vegas Limitada 06 with my new 5vegas Limitada ashtray thanks j0z3r!
    man... i got two of those left

i keep eying them up but i cant bring myself to smoke them. i seriously doubt ill ever be able to get my hands on more. itll be a sad and glorious day when i do get to smoke them.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:

i keep eying them up but i cant bring myself to smoke them. i seriously doubt ill ever be able to get my hands on more. itll be a sad and glorious day when i do get to smoke them.
    Is that a hint of Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der????
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:

naw.... just dont wanna "waste" them on a whim.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:

naw.... just dont wanna "waste" them on a whim.
    It's gonna get you one day Kuz..... One day
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Nub Cammy yesterday for "breakfast", I love those thigs! Def. my favorite Nub. And as a night-cap I had my first CCOM Purple Label in honor of all the talk on these boards. I was very impressed with this stick. Great burn, great taste, soo smooth. It is def. my second favorite CCOM blend behind the Brazilian. Gotta get more of those CCOM labels on my next order I guess.
  • Options
    Well last night I went out and smoked a Cabaiguan Corona Extra and it was great! Perfect burn with a great draw. This little smoke has so much flavor it just blows me away everytime! I will have to get a few more of the Maduro as well. I haven't had one of those in a couple months.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:

KNow anybody who has anymore? I would like get get a few of those.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    magicseven:

They sound good.
    edit ..duplicate

I had their havanna cubano, churchhill.  smoked it for 2 hours it was fantastic.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Don Pepin Garcia El Rey del los Habanos last night that I got from Puro. To say this was an excellent cigar would almost be an understatement. It had such a depth of flavor and complexity and it smoked as smooth as silk. If a comparison were to be made, I'd say it tasted very similar to a Cuban Partages Serie D #4, and that's saying something.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I had a Don Pepin Garcia El Rey del los Habanos last night that I got from Puro. To say this was an excellent cigar would almost be an understatement. It had such a depth of flavor and complexity and it smoked as smooth as silk. If a comparison were to be made, I'd say it tasted very similar to a Cuban Partages Serie D #4, and that's saying something.
    WOW! I'm glad it was that good Joe! I'm also glad I picked me up a couple of these while I was at the event too! Glad I hooked ya up with something good!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:

KNow anybody who has anymore? I would like get get a few of those.
    not the 06... ive seen 07 out on that auction site... but beyond that retailers only seem to have the 08 and 09

i got into the game a bit late for the 05. ive never even seen one. that was the first year.