Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Victory festbier. Umm, umm good.
  • Options
    Been drinking Hook&Ladder beer. Very good brew from NY... not only is it delicious, they donate portions of proceeds to burn centers for firemen. Reminds me a lot of Miller Lite in color and flavor.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    As of around 1:30am this morning, I was finishing a glass of Bailey's with a Kristoff stick. I met a guy last weekend who was raving about these Kristoffs, but having that one, I was not impressed - it was WAY plugged up.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Let me see ...Miller Lite and Duplin Scupernog Blush and then attended my neighbors 50th birthday party tonight and had Coors Light , more wine not sure what kind and great food , a very good time but no cigars. Did meet a guy who had a major heart attack 3 months ago at the party who used to smoke about 30 plus cigars a week . He has given them up completely . All I can say to that is take the information on your personal situation and weigh all the facts and make a decision your comfortable with. My heart "problem" was 3 and a half months ago and thats what I did. He and I chose seperate paths and are both fine with our decisions. He stopped and I continued, only future history will prove either of us right or wrong ...or is there a right or wrong as no one knows for sure what the opposite path will/would bring for either of us. I'm just sayin' ......
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys get more enjoyment out of your cigars when you drink? I am curious because I really do not drink at all. I have no liquor at home and couldn't tell you the last time I had a drink. I work on call and can't have any alcohol in my system when I get to work. That being said I just don't really drink now but in the past I have had my fair share. I am curious if it enhances the smoking experience.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Do you guys get more enjoyment out of your cigars when you drink? I am curious because I really do not drink at all. I have no liquor at home and couldn't tell you the last time I had a drink. I work on call and can't have any alcohol in my system when I get to work. That being said I just don't really drink now but in the past I have had my fair share. I am curious if it enhances the smoking experience.
    Honestly... Not really...

I will say that pairing a cigar with a Scotch or a full beer is a great experience... yet they may "PAIR" with a cigar but you will lose some flavors or trick your tongue into picking up "False" flavors.

Example= If you are drinking a Oatmeal Stout with a heavy chocolate undertone, the tobacco will take on the flavor of the beer. It taste VERY GOOD!

But I'm a purist and if I want to truly enjoy the CIGAR in front of me, I drink usually nothing but Ice Cold Water, that way nothing affects the cigar.

But I have had my FAIR share of Scotches and cigars and will continue to do so in a Social setting.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I think it may. It is dependent on the flavors of the drink and cigar. Last night I had a RP Connecticut. I was about to reach for a Yungling Porter, and then thought that it would over power the cigar. So I had a nice pale ale instead. It paired nicely and didn't coat my mouth with flavors that would have masked the cigar.

I also often enjoy a little bit of whiskey with a good cigar as well. A good smokey whiskey goes great with a cigar that has a bit more body to it. Knob Creek and cigars....mmmm

Oh, and tonight I had a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Good stuff.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Let me see ...Miller Lite and Duplin Scupernog Blush
    Duplin... you must be in NC? If so, where are you?
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    Let me see ...Miller Lite and Duplin Scupernog Blush
    Duplin... you must be in NC? If so, where are you?

Just outside of Hickory NC ..where ya from ejenne87 ...
  • Options
    a little red wine and thats it for me tonight ...I'm calling it a night ...wiped out
  • Options
    Let's see...it's 2:30am here. I had a large cup of double strength black coffee about 7 hours ago, and I'll be chugging down a Redline energy drink in a few minutes.

(I was in class until 10pm with a big exam, and I have to drive some people to the airport super early, leaving my house at 3am so I didn't bother to go to sleep.)

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Let's see...it's 2:30am here. I had a large cup of double strength black coffee about 7 hours ago, and I'll be chugging down a Redline energy drink in a few minutes.

(I was in class until 10pm with a big exam, and I have to drive some people to the airport super early, leaving my house at 3am so I didn't bother to go to sleep.)
    i woulda made the same decision. its 10 am here. i had about 4 hours of sleep. now im drinking a GazZu energy drink. its the only energy drink that can pass as a "drink"

doesnt taste like poop.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Hays:

i woulda made the same decision. its 10 am here. i had about 4 hours of sleep. now im drinking a GazZu energy drink. its the only energy drink that can pass as a "drink"

doesnt taste like poop.
    LOL I'm not sure that I've ever had an energy drink that tasted like poop, though I've had some gross ones. Redline is pretty good though - it basically tastes like strong fruit juice (not so much the sugary flavor of Monster/Redbull/etc), and wires me up.... And I'm a BIG dude to wire up.

• Options
    I had a TON of Miller Lite last night and that's why I passed out at 10pm... Ugh.... Not drinky for me tonight!
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Drank a pitcher or so of house brewed lager from my wednesday wings go to, Dix Brewery. Not the best beer in the world by a long shot but it's drinkable. the wings on the other hand were quite good!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a Fuller's London Pride today. One of my favorite beers for sure.
  • Options
    After getting some disturbing news at work today, I just drank 32oz. of beer in 20 minutes...

AkA 2x 16oz. Miller Lite's down the drain with 18 more in the fridge!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    After getting some disturbing news at work today, I just drank 32oz. of beer in 20 minutes...

They are making you take your life-size Elvis home ???
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

Nah.... Some retail bullshit that was fed to me today...

I'm a Sales Manager at one store that does about 26 million a year and they are trying to "Sell me the sauce" to go to a 40 Million dollar store but as a Supervisor....

AKA Trying to sell me on a demotion to a bigger store....... Ughhhhhhh
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

I'm a Sales Manager at one store that does about 26 million a year and they are trying to "Sell me the sauce" to go to a 40 Million dollar store but as a Supervisor....

Well since its a bigger store if the demotion meant more money thats one thing ...but if not I would really be mule-lipped !!!

And speaking of "selling the sauce" it must have been the day for it. I spent a delightful(sarcasm) 2/3's of a day at work that made me want to put my head under a car tire ...I'm just sayin ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

Well since its a bigger store if the demotion meant more money thats one thing ...but if not I would really be mule-lipped !!!

And speaking of "selling the sauce" it must have been the day for it. I spent a delightful(sarcasm) 2/3's of a day at work that made me want to put my head under a car tire ...I'm just sayin ...
    This job crap is all pre-lim... It's nice to know that MY boss gave me a heads up WAY before this thing hit's the fan....

It will prolly be for the SAME money and with potential for Overtime and more Bonuses... But definitely not MORE money... If I stepped down at the same pay I'd be at the MAX already....

Oh well....... TIME FOR MORE BEER!!!!!
  • Options
    Lassy, you gotta start drinking some better beer, man. Miller Lite is... just gross. Tastes like bananas and urine. Cigars are classy - Miller Lite is not classy, lol.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

This job crap is all pre-lim... It's nice to know that MY boss gave me a heads up WAY before this thing hit's the fan....

It will prolly be for the SAME money and with potential for Overtime and more Bonuses... But definitely not MORE money... If I stepped down at the same pay I'd be at the MAX already....

Oh well....... TIME FOR MORE BEER!!!!!

Here's toasting you with a Miller Lite brother ...
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Lassy, you gotta start drinking some better beer, man. Miller Lite is... just gross. Tastes like bananas and urine. Cigars are classy - Miller Lite is not classy, lol.

Need to get Lassie over to the Fat Tire camp...you ever tried Fat Tire Tatuaje ? One of my favorites ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:

Need to get Lassie over to the Fat Tire camp...you ever tried Fat Tire Tatuaje ? One of my favorites ...
    Of course! Good beer! I can't find it around here, but when I visit friends in the St. Louis area, I always manage to have a few on tap. :)
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    I'm all about quantity vs. quality....

IF I drank as much as I do now and traded to Fat Tire I'd have no money for my cigars!!!

I have a 6-er of Fat Tire in the fridge now... but Fat Tire is a celebratory beer.... not a get hammered ASAP beer
  • Options
    And a toast to you too Gene!!!
  • Options
    More 16oz.ers of Miller Lite tonght!!!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I went to The Flying Saucer last night. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a restaurant that serves 200 varieties of beer. You can become a member of their U.F.O. Club, and begin the task of drinking all of them, at which point you will have your name put on the Wall of Fame and be given a $100 party on the house.

Anyway, I started out with my first IPA, Breckenridge 471. It's 9.2% ABV. It pretty much tasted like sticking your head in a bag of grain and munching on it.

My second of the night was a Left Hand Blackjack Porter. It was a darker beer with a bit of foam. I really enjoyed this one.

I ended the night with a Smithwick's Irish Ale. This was my favorite one of the night. A dark beer with a thick foam, and really smooth. It reminded me of cream soda for some reason.

So, I have 197 to go before I'm a beer drinking legend!!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Last night was a pitcher of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and then 3 glasses of Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider. Delicious!!!!