Home Non Cigar Related

Let's Talk Hockey

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
NHL, AHL, whatever ---- any/all hockey related talk welcome here.

I'll start with the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year .....

Only one word can sum up the first round games we've seen this past week:
WOW!!!!!

--- Didn't think TB would get swept....
--- Looks like Kings might suffer the same fate (f*ck Jeff Carter)....
--- How about Kane's OT goal last night to tie up the series 2-2 .... just caught the highlights this morning, that's a great series. Good match up between STL and CHI.
--- Excited to see if the Wild can tie up their series tonight, and come on Boston!! Put the hurt on the Wings!
--- Rangers seem to be having their way with Philly in those 1st & 3rd games, looking forward to the game tomorrow.
--- And how about the MF'in Bluejackets/Pens series. Are you kidding me? The final score of 4-3 everytime, and the team with the 3-1 lead ends up losing in all the games.....can not wait for Saturday's game. Bet Fleury is kicking himself today for trying to play that puck behind the net last night with only 30-ish seconds left in the game and jackets with 6 skaters on....Johnson dumped it deep, Fleury bobbled behind the net then Johansen pops it out to the high crease to find Dubi all alone, shoots between 2 Pens dmen to find the open net and tie the game with under 30 sec left.
OMFG.
IN case you missed it:
image I have never been so excited for a goal in my life. Fate, destiny, luck, call it what you want but that was one of the best goals I've seen all season.

Then Foligno calling the GWG in the locker room during intermission prior to OT and then comes out and not eve 3 mins into OT he gets the puck and shoots it from just inside the blue line to beat fleury glove side. wow.
are you freakin kidding me. crazy.
you couldn't make this up if you tried to....i'm still in awe.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the thread. The games have been amazing, can't believe the end of Columbus and hawk games. I love the stars winning also.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    Love the thread. The games have been amazing, can't believe the end of Columbus and hawk games. I love the stars winning also.
    no
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    +1
    Sorry DZR --- I got the Stars in 7

jgibv:
    Patrickbrick:
    +1
    no

put0
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a very exciting start to the playoffs! I feel that whoever wins tomorrow's Blues-hawks game will win the series
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've been digging this playoff season. Very intense games and fast paced. I'm hoping my sharks take it all the way. The Kings came back tonight though. Game 5 should be fun.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    NHL, AHL, whatever ---- any/all hockey related talk welcome here.

I'll start with the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year .....

Only one word can sum up the first round games we've seen this past week:
    WOW!!!!!

--- Didn't think TB would get swept....
    --- Looks like Kings might suffer the same fate (f*ck Jeff Carter)....
    --- How about Kane's OT goal last night to tie up the series 2-2 .... just caught the highlights this morning, that's a great series. Good match up between STL and CHI.
    --- Excited to see if the Wild can tie up their series tonight, and come on Boston!! Put the hurt on the Wings!
    --- Rangers seem to be having their way with Philly in those 1st & 3rd games, looking forward to the game tomorrow.
    --- And how about the MF'in Bluejackets/Pens series. Are you kidding me? The final score of 4-3 everytime, and the team with the 3-1 lead ends up losing in all the games.....can not wait for Saturday's game. Bet Fleury is kicking himself today for trying to play that puck behind the net last night with only 30-ish seconds left in the game and jackets with 6 skaters on....Johnson dumped it deep, Fleury bobbled behind the net then Johansen pops it out to the high crease to find Dubi all alone, shoots between 2 Pens dmen to find the open net and tie the game with under 30 sec left.
    OMFG.
    IN case you missed it:
    image I have never been so excited for a goal in my life. Fate, destiny, luck, call it what you want but that was one of the best goals I've seen all season.

Then Foligno calling the GWG in the locker room during intermission prior to OT and then comes out and not eve 3 mins into OT he gets the puck and shoots it from just inside the blue line to beat fleury glove side. wow.
    are you freakin kidding me. crazy.
    you couldn't make this up if you tried to....i'm still in awe.
    Obviously I'd love to see this...must pay extra BS.... DAMN
    WTH was up with the Avs last night ---- only 12 shots???? The Wild's PK at the end of the game was pretty clutch, gotta give that to 'em.

And WTF Sharks --- you let LA score 6 goals!!!!!?????

Bigshizza:
    Obviously I'd love to see this...must pay extra BS.... DAMN
    Dang Jim that sucks man.....you need to upgrade your cable package!!!
    NHL.com and TSN.ca/nhl have pretty good highlights & articles.
    And you can sometimes find live streams of the games online for free....I'll send you an email with some info today.

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very frustrating for us Penguin fans. We have two of the best players in the NHL in Crosby and Malkin, but neither of them seems to remember how to score goals when it's playoff time. Poor puck management, stupid turnovers, and just plain laziness is killing us. No way we should be having this much trouble against Columbus.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    Very frustrating for us Penguin fans. We have two of the best players in the NHL in Crosby and Malkin, but neither of them seems to remember how to score goals when it's playoff time. Poor puck management, stupid turnovers, and just plain laziness is killing us. No way we should be having this much trouble against Columbus.
    heeyyyyy.....you watch it there, doug ;-) ;-) ;-)

I agree though, on paper and looking at the regular season stats pit is the better of the 2 teams. and pit won all the regular season matches probably figured it would be a cake walk, there was lots of pessimism on the columbus hockey blogs before the series started
    But you can tell CBJ wants this ....
    And this is the loudest and most excited I've ever seen the fans at NWA....haven't been to a game but a friend was at game 4 and said it was unreal. I've heard the isolated crowd audio on tv and radio streams....the crowd was on their feet still cheering CBJ even after pens went up 3-0 in game 4. The fans want it, the players want it....they are playing their hearts out.
    Both goalies have played well, and there's been some outstanding individual efforts IMO but Fleury has kept pit in this series. I know he's catching flack for giving up that late game-tying goal and then (what should normally be an easy save) GWG in OT (heck I've made some comments about it), but he made 42 saves in game 4....that really says something about CBJ's offense, or maybe it's the lack of Pens defense, but probably some of both.

And you are right .... CBJ has effectively shut down (at least up to this point) pit's star players....I agree Crosby is the top player in the nhl and our guys have done a fantastic job at keeping him in check and limiting his chances.

Also, CBJ has outhit the pens 215 - 124 this series....just think about that stat for a minute.
    yeah

And I'm not normally superstitious but maybe there's something to the "3-1 lead" curse, it's hurt both teams ..... I'll drink a cup of that kool-aid.

danielzreyes:
    jgibv:
    Patrickbrick:
    +1
    no

put0
    no soy ***, tu eres el *** aqui!!!!

LOL, nahhh nothing against the ducks. if they win i'll be happy for them too.
    picked the stars simply because i thought they'd have a little spark in their game, looking to win for rich peverley

At least my Kings won one game!!! Yay
    I have to agree with you Bert, that game 4 was crazy. I thought for sure the blues would just pound the Hawks into submission. Have to say I was happy Boston came back to win last night.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Patrickbrick:
    I have to agree with you Bert, that game 4 was crazy. I thought for sure the blues would just pound the Hawks into submission. Have to say I was happy Boston came back to win last night.
    With all the shots the Blues take they should score 10 goals a game. Just saw a stat they have 90 missed shots this series vs Blackhawks 53. This has been an issue I've seen all year. That Boston Detroit game was great. The wings have talent but it's hard to keep up with everyone that Boston has.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Puff_Dougie:
    heeyyyyy.....you watch it there, doug ;-) ;-) ;-)

I agree though, on paper and looking at the regular season stats pit is the better of the 2 teams. and pit won all the regular season matches probably figured it would be a cake walk, there was lots of pessimism on the columbus hockey blogs before the series started
    But you can tell CBJ wants this ....
    And this is the loudest and most excited I've ever seen the fans at NWA....haven't been to a game but a friend was at game 4 and said it was unreal. I've heard the isolated crowd audio on tv and radio streams....the crowd was on their feet still cheering CBJ even after pens went up 3-0 in game 4. The fans want it, the players want it....they are playing their hearts out.
    Both goalies have played well, and there's been some outstanding individual efforts IMO but Fleury has kept pit in this series. I know he's catching flack for giving up that late game-tying goal and then (what should normally be an easy save) GWG in OT (heck I've made some comments about it), but he made 42 saves in game 4....that really says something about CBJ's offense, or maybe it's the lack of Pens defense, but probably some of both.

And you are right .... CBJ has effectively shut down (at least up to this point) pit's star players....I agree Crosby is the top player in the nhl and our guys have done a fantastic job at keeping him in check and limiting his chances.

Also, CBJ has outhit the pens 215 - 124 this series....just think about that stat for a minute.
    yeah

And I'm not normally superstitious but maybe there's something to the "3-1 lead" curse, it's hurt both teams ..... I'll drink a cup of that kool-aid.
    Spot on with your analysis there, John. Didn't mean my comment as a slam against Columbus. They are clearly a great team, and they are definitely hungry. But, like you said, on paper they should not be giving the Pens this much trouble. Unfortunately, hockey games aren't played on paper... but on the ice, and it's been pretty clear so far in the series that CBJ is playing with far more passion than the Pens. That may be what makes the difference. Hopefully, Pittsburgh's playoff experience will kick in and they'll dig deeper and stop coasting on their reputation. If not, the Blue Jackets are gonna run away with this thing and the Pen's are done. Looking forward to game 5 this weekend!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Holy crap can't believe St. Louis is going to do it again, up two and tank four in a row. Great game, holy cow. Lets go Dalas.
    MOW badge received.
    Patrickbrick:
    Holy crap can't believe St. Louis is going to do it again, up two and tank four in a row. Great game, holy cow. Lets go Dalas.
    Yea don't remind me...unbelievable, I just can't comprehend the consistent let up in the end year after year
    Well now that my bracket is done after the hawks beat St. Louis, lets go Hawks!
    MOW badge received.
    There have been some really bad calls against Dallas in this game. Could not believe the goaltender interference at the end of two now this. A game misconduct, bad call.
    MOW badge received.
    Patrickbrick:
    There have been some really bad calls against Dallas in this game. Could not believe the goaltender interference at the end of two now this. A game misconduct, bad call.
    no
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spot on with your analysis there, John. Didn't mean my comment as a slam against Columbus. They are clearly a great team, and they are definitely hungry. But, like you said, on paper they should not be giving the Pens this much trouble. Unfortunately, hockey games aren't played on paper... but on the ice, and it's been pretty clear so far in the series that CBJ is playing with far more passion than the Pens. That may be what makes the difference. Hopefully, Pittsburgh's playoff experience will kick in and they'll dig deeper and stop coasting on their reputation. If not, the Blue Jackets are gonna run away with this thing and the Pen's are done. Looking forward to game 5 this weekend!
    Lol all good doug, just rufflin' your feathers.....can't wait for the game tonight.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Patrickbrick:
    Yea don't remind me...unbelievable, I just can't comprehend the consistent let up in the end year after year
    I'm rooting for them. They could still come back and take it. I've enjoyed the blues over the hawks but they need to get with it.
    Go Boston, that was great. LA came through as well and of course can't leave out the wonderful win by Colorado in the overtime victory.
    MOW badge received.
    Looks like there were a lot of great games, too bad John and Chuck... I was pulling for ya. Kings won!!
    Boston looking dominant.....hoping its a exciting series with the habs.
    LA dang, hats off to them, keeping things interesting....I had written them off but they aren't giving up
    Avs and wild --- another OT game?!?? Fun to watch.
    And damn. Cbj got out hustled by pit last night.....pit had 50 shots compared to cbj had 24....most revealing stat of the game IMO. Bob was on fire though, only allowed 2 goals (3rd was empty net), wow he played great but our offense just couldn't get going,,.,,,,sigh. Back in columbus on Monday.

Great game by the Rangers, lets see what happens with the rest.
    MOW badge received.
    Blues tying it up but they really need to step it up if they want to win. They look so sluggish on D way to much allowing chicago to keep it in the zone.
    And that's the ball game.
    MOW badge received.
    I don't know what the Blues need to do but they have to make some changes. There's quite a few forwards who have their contracts ending this year so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Bert and Brian... sucks.