Home Non Cigar Related

Let's Talk Barbeque

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the smoker now...................6 lbs Tri Tip. Will post finished product in about 3 hours or so........

And now it is dinner.............................

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small brisket...
    After 4.5 hours on the smoker
    Added 32oz. of water and covered with foil, put in oven @ 215 for 3 hours...
    MMMMmmmmmm tender and look at that smoke ring!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    "Turn and bow to each other"

Let these bad boys sit in a Bourbon Brine for 18 hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika; set them on a beer can and Smoked over hickory for 3.5 hours at 290 degrees.
    We had one for dinner and one for smoked chicken salad sandwiches.

I forgot to take a picture of the final product but this is getting pretty close.
    (I'll attach the brine recipe when I get a chance. It's a very good brine if you guys would like to try it out.)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:

Let these bad boys sit in a Bourbon Brine for 18 hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika; set them on a beer can and Smoked over hickory for 3.5 hours at 290 degrees.

I forgot to take a picture of the final product but this is getting pretty close.

(I'll attach the brine recipe when I get a chance. It's a very good brine if you guys would like to try it out.)
    Awww yeah, not that's lookin' good right there Drew!!!

Were the beer cans empty - did you just use them for support?
    Or did they still have beer in them for flavoring...if so, what type of beer?

And yes, bourbon brine recipe, please share.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Beer cans were 1/2 to 3/4 full. I don't find the beer affects the flavor much (just moisture) so I just used Silver Bullets.

I should also mention that I stuffed the top of the chickens with apple, lemon, and garlic, used in the brine.
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Beer cans were 1/2 to 3/4 full. I don't find the beer affects the flavor much (just moisture) so I just used Silver Bullets.

I should also mention that I stuffed the top of the chickens with apple, lemon, and garlic, used in the brine.
    Word, never done beer-can chicken at home....had it a few times at the inlaws though.
    will have to give it a shot this summer.

Did you slide any garlic cloves/lemon rounds/apple slices under the skin too....if you think it turned out good stuffing the top, you gotta try it this way next time .... makes for some good eatin!

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Making me hungry!!
    One God, One Truth
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Saturday was a perfect day for smoking a Boston Butt. Fired up the charcoal first thing and dropped the shoulder on the rack at about 8AM. Mowed the lawn, cleaned up a little for an inspection from the Central Appraiser's office, and tended the coals all day. I rubbed it down with my own seasoning the night before and let it sit all night in the bag.

Lighting ceremonies...

Setting it up...

Holding it at a steady 225-250...

Enjoying my first Manowar Armada. A most memorable smoke, and worth the money, unlike some other high priced offerings, IMO...

Time to start thinking about the next cigar...

Next up, another AJ offering...

Caught napping...

8 hours later... time to shred...Nice smoke ring on that chunk on the left. About a good 1/2 inch thick...

Some home made beans (that day as well) and Famous Dave's pickles to top off the sammich. Some Head BBQ sauce.
    Lookin' good Walt!!!! Great way to spend the weekend.
    Mmm, my mouth is watering just lookin' at that pork.

What kind of smoker you got there? Is that the weber bullet?

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Lookin' good Walt!!!! Great way to spend the weekend.
    Mmm, my mouth is watering just lookin' at that pork.

What kind of smoker you got there? Is that the weber bullet?
    It's the cheap Lowes-brand-wannabe-a-weber-bullet. $59 on sale. But it works.
    Looks delish! I love to make pulled pork an all day affair.
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Almost forgot.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/bourbon-smoked-chicken-50400000114460/
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Almost forgot.
    Bookmarked, thanks mayne!!! You ever try that brisket recipe from amazingribs.com???

jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Almost forgot.
    Bookmarked, thanks mayne!!! You ever try that brisket recipe from amazingribs.com???
    Happening this summer.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time she as been fired up this year. Only a small lonely butt on there. I think she needs some friends. May have to go get a slab to join in on the party. image

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

3,2,1 Ribs

Pork back ribs trimmed and rubbed with mccormicks sweet and smokey rub. I've tried to make my own, but nothing comes close.

Smoked @ 285 degrees for 3 hours. Hickory chips soaked in beer, oj, and water for about an hour before smoking.

Covered and steam for 2 hours. Steaming mixture was bourbon, oj, beer and water.

Cooked on low direct heat for about an hour covering in BBQ sauce for the last 15 mins
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect ribs ddub. Need to find some of that rub. What kind of sauce do you use?
    rsherman24:
    Perfect ribs ddub. Need to find some of that rub. What kind of sauce do you use?
    Sweet Baby Rays for ribs. I tend to change sauce style with different cuts of pork.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Those ribs look great!
    If you have never tried Head Country sauce and rub...Search it out. It is well worth it.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those ribs look good!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Butts and a rack of ribs in the smoker. Rubbed down with some Memphis Dust. I injected the Butts with some marinade. First time trying that image
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Home grown chickens smoked in desert mesquite! Delicious!

Aj
    How long do you cook your chickens for? Never tried a whole one. Just experimented with a whole boneless skinless *** I had on hand. That was delicious!!

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    They cook between 4 and 6 hours at about 225.. heavy smoke with minimal flame. I bet you would do just fine if you tried it!

Aj
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I'm not the greatest at bbqing. I know a few things like how to smoke/bbq ribs, chicken, pork butt and a couple other things. I always left it up to my dad to do it all. I'm getting my first grill the day after father's day. I don't want to get something too expensive because this might just be a "phas." Hopefully, it won't be and I'll be able to get something much better in the future once I get more experienced at bbqing.

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    With it being Fathers day weekend I figured I would have Dad over for dinner. Put the butt in the smoker last night around 9pm and planning on having dinner some time around 5 or 6. I hope it turns out, my smoking has been hit or miss lately.
    photo 20140615_031544_zpsiiq4ifvg.jpg

While I was up I figured it was the perfect time to break in my new pipe I got today. It's a Peterson Classic 106
    photo 20140615_031158_zpsqaqfva46.jpg
    First try with the new smoker
    Of course I forgot to take a picture in the smoker.

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon man Share!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR - August herf my house. Some of this will be had? You in?