Home Non Cigar Related

Let's Talk Barbeque

Comments

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what do yall like to put on ribs to keep it tender while it's cooking? When I'm cooking ribs, every 15 minutes i'll rub it down with vinegar.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Just out of curiosity, what do yall like to put on ribs to keep it tender while it's cooking? When I'm cooking ribs, every 15 minutes i'll rub it down with vinegar.
    For mine I used the 3-2-1 method. The day before I slather (the ribs) with yellow mustard and do a dry rub. I then, the following day, smoke (the ribs) for 3 hours then BBQ at 225 for 2 hours. Before Qing I just did a simple coat with brown sugar and drizzled with honey then wrapped in foil with about an 1/8 a cup or so of apple juice. After the 2 hours on the BBQ I unwrapped and wet mopped once and let them go for about half an hour. Fall of the bone stuff.

Hope this helps and gives some ideas.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    DZR - August herf my house. Some of this will be had? You in?

we have date picked out Todd?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:

Either the 9th or 16th? Does one work better for you? Leaning towards the 16th...........
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:

Either the 9th or 16th? Does one work better for you? Leaning towards the 16th...........
    My wife will be taking me to SD to check out some breweries for my Bday on the 16th
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:

My wife asked why I was licking and chewing on my computer monitor. I had to show her the picture and then she understood.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo 9A985593-426F-49AE-80B4-B22ACE717639_zpsqx2etcpw.jpg Holy wing ding-a-ling. round 1 of 4. 600 wings total. photo 84CD29DE-134C-4111-87E8-B6000D0541DD_zpsjjvyj3w0.jpg Round 1 down, round 2 is up. Ding ding! Just about time for a cigar!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn!! What's the occasion??
    Charity softball event cookout for a general contractor we do work with.

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Looks delicious! Good work!
    And the finally took 3 out of 8 in the cook-off. Need to work on better presentation next year. Wings on a paper plate do not cut it. All 600 gooooone! They were a hit. photo C85F4D71-4E99-4B87-8F35-8C4F29012532_zpsqvig3xwd.jpg

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:

Is that the Traeger??
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    photo 9A985593-426F-49AE-80B4-B22ACE717639_zpsqx2etcpw.jpg Holy wing ding-a-ling. round 1 of 4. 600 wings total. photo 84CD29DE-134C-4111-87E8-B6000D0541DD_zpsjjvyj3w0.jpg Round 1 down, round 2 is up. Ding ding! Just about time for a cigar!
    looks great
    The Kid:
    Is that the Traeger??
    It is, with the option rack. Also, got the rib rack so I can smoke up to 16 racks of ribs at one time.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Thanatos0320:
    For mine I used the 3-2-1 method. The day before I slather (the ribs) with yellow mustard and do a dry rub. I then, the following day, smoke (the ribs) for 3 hours then BBQ at 225 for 2 hours. Before Qing I just did a simple coat with brown sugar and drizzled with honey then wrapped in foil with about an 1/8 a cup or so of apple juice. After the 2 hours on the BBQ I unwrapped and wet mopped once and let them go for about half an hour. Fall of the bone stuff.

Hope this helps and gives some ideas.
    3-2-1. That's the method I use.

Looking delish Todd.
    It's Saturday so, is anyone hungry?

10 racks of smoked ribs

Cooked smoked ribs

And some chicken

Mopped ribs and Carne Asada

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Todd-- looking spectacular
    Bigshizza:
    Damn Todd-- looking spectacular
    Thanks Jim, but what about the BBQ?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, I hate to bring this up but my invitation seems to have gotten lost in the mail... Harrumph!!
    I want Todd's meat in my mouth
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    "Turn and bow to each other"

Let these bad boys sit in a Bourbon Brine for 18 hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika; set them on a beer can and Smoked over hickory for 3.5 hours at 290 degrees.
    We had one for dinner and one for smoked chicken salad sandwiches.

I forgot to take a picture of the final product but this is getting pretty close.

(I'll attach the brine recipe when I get a chance. It's a very good brine if you guys would like to try it out.)
    Awww yeah, not that's lookin' good right there Drew!!!

Were the beer cans empty - did you just use them for support?
    Or did they still have beer in them for flavoring...if so, what type of beer?

And yes, bourbon brine recipe, please share.
    Almost forgot.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/bourbon-smoked-chicken-50400000114460/
    Bookmarked, thanks mayne!!! You ever try that brisket recipe from amazingribs.com???
    Happening this summer.
    I did do this and it was dry again. I just don't think brisket and I are meant to be. :(
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Let these bad boys sit in a Bourbon Brine for 18 hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika; set them on a beer can and Smoked over hickory for 3.5 hours at 290 degrees.

I forgot to take a picture of the final product but this is getting pretty close.

(I'll attach the brine recipe when I get a chance. It's a very good brine if you guys would like to try it out.)

Almost forgot.
    Bookmarked, thanks mayne!!! You ever try that brisket recipe from amazingribs.com???
    Happening this summer.
    I did do this and it was dry again. I just don't think brisket and I are meant to be. :(

:-( sad to hear that

cook time? temp?

i only did brisket a couple times this year but it (luckily) always turned out good ...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Try wrapping in foil maybe 2 hours in. Then you can always throw in the oven as well. Some say cheating but man does it taste good. I have also thrown in the crock pot with a vinegar mop sauce and holy smokes is that good.

jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Almost forgot.
    Happening this summer.

cook time? temp?

i only did brisket a couple times this year but it (luckily) always turned out good ...
    Followed the recipe to a T including putting the meat in a cooler before cutting it. I give up on brisket. It's so time consuming and kicks my a$$ every time.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:

Almost forgot.
    Happening this summer.

cook time? temp?

Followed the recipe to a T including putting the meat in a cooler before cutting it. I give up on brisket. It's so time consuming and kicks my a$$ every time.
    damn that stinks.
    i tell you what.... next time i cook brisket i'll get a real big cut, you come over and have some

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Drew... Is that a masterbuilt youre smoking on?
    Jetmech_63:
    Drew... Is that a masterbuilt youre smoking on?
    Yes

And John, you might be careful what you offer. I might just take you up on it.
    Going to do 2 racks of St. Louis ribs on the smoker today, going to try not doing 3-2-1 since last time I lost a lot of the seasoning and bark and the ribs turned to pulled pork... Pics to follow :)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang that sounds good, enjoy Vinny!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    2 racks, membranes stripped, patted dry and put on a thin layer of mustard And my standard rub of brown sugar, celery seed, peppe, paprika, onion powde, garlic powder, a little cumin/chili powder and saltphoto 80C6CB0B-E22D-4637-BE9A-B960BEDABEBA.jpg