Halo Series
COD4
Gears of War
Command and Conquer 3

Recent Games: Fallout 3 (Epic Game!)
DeadSpace (awesome)
Gears of War 2
Civilization Revolution

I haven't played GTA4 or Metal Gear Solid 4 but I imagine one of them will win game of the year.

A buddy of mine has been telling me to start playing WOW but I refuse. I know I may not see the light of day again if I get hooked on that game.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    This guy is a gamer.

Don's start on WoW, it's like crack cocaine. Worse because your not selling your soul to the devil, but a gaming company.

Anyways, I'm also on the 360, usually playing either COD 4, Gears of War 2 or Fallout 3. Once Christmas rolls around I'm hoping to get Left 4 Dead. I don't know if GTA 4 or MSG 4 is getting game of the year, Fallout was really really good and with a huge game like Gears coming out I'm thinking one of those 2 are going to take game of the year.
  • I'm on 360 as well. Usually playing Fallout, Bioshock, Dead Space or Left 4 Dead. Garen, if you do get Left 4 Dead, be prepared. It's an intense game, very intense.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Love the 360!! I usually play it most often on det, like i am now, or on deployment. Last week i beat COD4, Sweeet game, going to bump the difficulty up a notch and do it again. I'm working on GOW1, have a few solid hours left on it, have GOW2 lying in wait. I've heard about left for dead, may rent it before i buy it. Any other bad azz shoot everyone games you like?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Atari 2600. Asteroids, Pac-Man, Breakout, Space Invaders, Frogger.
    dutyje:

Dont forget E.T, remember that craptastic game!
    hehe.. I liked that one, too :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Paper boy. I remember spending entire weekends playing that game.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Mine still works!! lol. Though haven't played that thing in over 20 years... Anyway, Yeah I'm on the 360 quite often, gamer tag is phobicsquirrel. Been playing saints row 2, finished Gears 2, though waiting to finish it through co-op.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the only gaming system hooked up to my TV right now is the ORIGINAL NES.

all i have to say is: i AM a tetris master.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    when it comes to NES, I'm a tecmo super bowl-er

check these moves bo knows tecmo bowl/

love it
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Ah, memory lane. Loved tecmo bowl and Bo was the be-all and end-all.

Loved paperboy too.

Before NES, I used to "game" on my commodore 64...winter olympics, summer olympics, you name it, I played it. And before that, Colecovision and Atari.
    Loved Excite Bike too!!

As long as were going old school, before the internet, like in the early days of AOL and Prodigy(yup, i said Prodigy!), Ever use your dial-up modem to log into a BBC and play bulletin board games. I used to play the hell out of one called LORD(Legends of The Red Dragon)

Uh oh...the inner nerd is coming out!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LOL I remember before the NES we had the old football game we used to play where you would choose a play then it would make some noises that somewhat sounded like they could be heard on a football field, then it would spit out the outcome of your chosen play, i.e. 3 yard gain.

Man I spent hours playing that too.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    not a video game but if we are talking really old school...... I had a old/and still have it - electric football game with the little guys on bases with spikes on the corners-the qb (joe namath) was metal and had a magnet football you tried to throw onto the bases where it would stick. this was the joe namath version right after the jets won the superbowl- I wonder what this is worth now? maybe ebay...hhmmm
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I still think the best football game is on the snes, NFL blitz I think it was called. Oh and my all time favorite game is Mario 3 for the nes. That and bubble bobble
    Jetmech_63:
    Loved Excite Bike too!!

As long as were going old school, before the internet, like in the early days of AOL and Prodigy(yup, i said Prodigy!), Ever use your dial-up modem to log into a BBC and play bulletin board games. I used to play the hell out of one called LORD(Legends of The Red Dragon)

Uh oh...the inner nerd is coming out!
    dial into a BBS? I RAN a BBS! :)

My favorite game on there was Pimp Wars. I don't remember LORD. I had about 20 games up, and I honestly can't remember most of them. But Pimp Wars was awesome!

As far as the C-64, we bought a box of 100 blank single-sided floppy (5.25") disks. We cut them to make them double-sided, and we filled them up with tons and tons of great games (Summer Games, Winter Games, and Summer Games II were, of course, among them). Archon, Blue Max, MS Flight Simulator, Pole Position, Castle Wolfenstien, D&D Pool of Radiance, Karateka, Jumpman... all the classics as well like Pac-Man, Defender, Missile Command, Q*Bert, Asteroids, Centipede..... ahh, those were the days!
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    I play on the 360 GT is CAPSFAN, I also play on the PS3 - name is capsfanx. I play COD 4 and 5, MAdden and NCAA'09, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Rock Band 2, Unreal Tournament 3, etc. send a friend request if you want to get a game going.
  • My 360 tag is, TheNeed2Strugle. I don't have gold, but I'm going to be getting it back for some online Left 4 Dead.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Cant wait for Christmas, I'm seeing Left 4 Dead in my future and I cant wait. Probablt going to have to get a C.Com Left 4 Dead game going.
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    Hey just so you guys know, first of all I am guessing everyone here is probably over 25?? Anyway if you are I am a member of a site called www.2old2play.com it is for people over 25 to get together and game and not have to deal with the screaming and rapping and general bs the young kids who play online usually do. I definitely recommend you check out the site. I have met lots of great people there to game with and it made gaming "fun" again.
  • I am 40 and still playing. Bought my wife a Wii because she loves Harvest Moon. I am playing Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Farcry 2, Oblivion (still) and so many more. I have too many games... On xbox live I am CheckmasterChuck. Don't get on live too much, kids are just too annoying. Oh, almost forgot NHL 09!!!
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    I'm a PC gamer, not that big of a fan of any of the new console.

The game that takes up most of my gaming time is Eve-Online but other then that I play FPS type games. Lately its been Left4Dead I also like, Counter Strike:Source, Half-Life(2), DOD:Source and Team Fortress 2.
  • I play the 360 quite a bit as Needz More Zazz. Usually played Battlefield: Bad Complany and CoD4. Lately I've been playing Fallout 3 and Fable 2, although my gold account is expired. I play World of Warcraft also but I'm not even close to addicted. I play it once or twice a week for a few hours.
  • So, who is actually going to take the time to look everyone up on Xbox live?
  • ScoobyScooby Posts: 7
    Marble Madness!!! Also, I have been sucked into the death trap we know today as WOW.
  • ^ Seriously. I'd do wow but it's $15 a month. F that.
    These Filthy Hands:
    So, who is actually going to take the time to look everyone up on Xbox live?
    I might, but witout mentionin this thread noone would know.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I waste a good amount of study time playing Mario Kart and Rock Band on the Wii.
  • Modern Warfare 2
    Brutal Legend
    Forza 3
    Left 4 Dead 2
    ODST
    Bioshock 2
    NHL 10

BAH! Too many games coming out in the next couple months (or just came out) to keep up! NEED TO QUIT MY JOB!! I also want to pick Fallout 3 back up given that there are umteen DLC's for it now. Crap! If I had a PS3 I'd pick up Uncharted 2 also. That game looks awesome.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big time gamer and belong to a clan that plays tournements. I had to sell the Xbox 360 to pay bills though. My boys and I havebeen in the dumps about it but so far I still have my house.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yes... 360. Ste Lovess