Home Non Cigar Related

Stupid man challenge!!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
ok so some of you know I'm growing some wickedly hot peppers this year. Well yesterday was the first tiny harvest. I'm growing chocolate morugas,chocolate bhuts and the Carolina reapers. So if you would like to take the challenge of just eating one full pod let me know! I did and well let's just say it was hot.
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add some to my chili but never eat straight. I'm a wuss.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Effffff that noise! !!!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Got milk? Sounds tempting but no thanks.
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    My old neighbor used to grow insanely hot peppers. He offered 100 dollars to anyone that could eat one. I failed.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old neighbor used to grow insanely hot peppers. He offered 100 dollars to anyone that could eat one. I failed.
    I did it, and he stiffed me on the money.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grow 'em every year, but nothing hotter than a habanero. 

It seems like it takes a few weeks to acclimate to the way they fry my mouth - first ones off the plant aren't as hot generally - and then in a month when they get hotter, I'm used to it, but I still wouldn't eat a moruga or bhut.

If I get someone who wants to do the stupid-man challenge, I'll tell them pick any pepper you want, I'll bite off the first half and you bite off the rest.   Hehehe... most peppers have more heat toward the stem it seems, maybe there are more ribs/thicker flesh?

I was an adult sponsor for many years in my then-church's youth group.  Late summer or Fall, any cookouts or retreats, I'd always have a ziplock full of peppers to eat with the meals.  Invariably, one of the teenage boys would ask, "Are those hot?"  I tell him yup, very hot.  So he'd have to show off and try one, which in turn would have a half dozen other tough guys say they want one too.  Wasn't long there'd be a bunch of sobbing tough guys regretting it.  Great fun!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you want some for chili making let me know I have more then enough
    Money can't buy taste
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a tavern here in town called The Happy Viking. They advertise 55 beers on tap, 20-some odd HDTVs, the game is always on, etc. 

One of the items on their menu is called The Sadistic Challenge. It costs $20 and consists of an order of wings with their secret sauce on them. If you can finish the entire order without using the supplied 'barf bucket' you win a t-shirt saying you did it and your photo gets posted on their 'wall of champions' (my name for it - I don't remember what they call it). 

I couldn't get a photo off their menu for the whole thing but here's part of it:

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you want some for chili making let me know I have more then enough
    I may take you up on that. Do they freeze okay? I won't make chili until winter.

And I'm already having second thoughts about this.
    They freeze well! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winner gets a punisher 5 pack! 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a few things like this. It's usually hot sauces I come across while on vacation. The hottest one I did was 800,000 on the scoville scale and that was a very miserable 30 min. I can't decide what's worse though, taking the peppers/hot sauce in or the next day when it makes its way back out
    If you do take on this...video proof would be nice and you'll receive a fiver from my stash...a nice fiver some cc's maybe some aged opus stuff like that
    Money can't buy taste
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want to try this. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    If you jump in Alan, I'll go too.  In fact, I'll jump first.  Stupid man overboard!

If nothing else, I'll chomp one and eat it just so I can spit out a couple seeds and grow a couple plants next year.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    I've done a few things like this. It's usually hot sauces I come across while on vacation. The hottest one I did was 800,000 on the scoville scale and that was a very miserable 30 min. I can't decide what's worse though, taking the peppers/hot sauce in or the next day when it makes its way back out
    My father taught me how to eat hot peppers.  After eating the peppers, eat some ice cream.  Next morning on the pot, when it starts to burn, just yell, "Come on ice cream!"
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5022735/uploads/FileUpload/32/d2fc68f7d56ead0ff3b8216569f7ea.jpg

OK, This was supposed to be a quote from jlmarta's post. Just the second photo. 

I noticed an interesting claim in the restaurant's disclaimer stating that the challenge may not be available at all times due to seasonal shortages of chilies and also,..... 

"Some chilies,...... are put on hold by the government from time to time."

WTF? Really? Is that for real or is the restaurant full of crap with that claim? 

Anybody know? 
    If you want to try just pm me your addy
    Money can't buy taste
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5022735/uploads/FileUpload/32/d2fc68f7d56ead0ff3b8216569f7ea.jpg

OK, This was supposed to be a quote from jlmarta's post. Just the second photo. 

I noticed an interesting claim in the restaurant's disclaimer stating that the challenge may not be available at all times due to seasonal shortages of chilies and also,..... 

"Some chilies,...... are put on hold by the government from time to time."

WTF? Really? Is that for real or is the restaurant full of crap with that claim? 

Anybody know? 
    I don't know. Could be just propaganda. I seem to recall that the folks at the restaurant will tell you all of the chiles in that sauce except for one. They claim it's the hottest pepper in the world but they won't mention it's name. I watched a guy take the challenge. 

A waitperson sits with you as a witness while you do your thing. They also check to see that you've eaten an acceptable amount of a wing before moving on to the next one. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    If you want to try just pm me your addy
    Nope. not me. :mask:  Thanks but, I got other stupid stuff to do. Most of which is painless. :tongue: 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... I did and well let's just say it was hot.
    LOL understatement of the century right there.....HAH

tempting challenge though .... would you pick which one we try?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:

Yes it would be the one in the middle heat range which is the chocolate moruga. And yes the challenge really sucks lol. As soon as I chewed I instantly regretted it but you gotta try what you grow right?
    Money can't buy taste
    well so far only one taker...can you believe that?! He will receive the peppers once they ripe. So it seems we only have one stupid man on here?!come on guys lol
    Money can't buy taste
    Addy sent. I was level 3 drunk last night and I've been nursing a mild hangover. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I have the balls to take this on. I will
    however be very interested in the video that eulogy puts up. God speed sir!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well so far only one taker...can you believe that?! He will receive the peppers once they ripe. So it seems we only have one stupid man on here?!come on guys lol

Actually id love to try one if its not to late to ask.. Love spicy food.Me and my son have done a few of these kinds of things before. ill pm you ,
    no matter where you go, there you are.

I'll do it on Vherf
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very tempting..Just don't know if I want to go through all that misery though

Pms replied
    Money can't buy taste
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

Yes it would be the one in the middle heat range which is the chocolate moruga. And yes the challenge really sucks lol. As soon as I chewed I instantly regretted it but you gotta try what you grow right?
    haha yeah I guess you gotta try what you grow.....but that doesn't make you any less crazy brother!

Serrano and jalapeno are the hottest ones I'll grow, that's my preferred "everyday" heat level.

But IDK I've done the "super hot" wings before around town and they're not too bad --- never have much flavor to them, just lots of heat. 
    I usually have no problem getting them down; but it's the next day on the toilet when I regret eating them!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *