Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2015 Newb Secret Santa

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am copying the post from last year that Vulchor used and just updating it.

I was in this exchange last year and it was great for the newer guys. I see some of the newer BOTLs are not yet qualified under the rules of the exchange (which I support and I think everyone else understands as well). I just wanted to offer to set up something for everyone who does not qualify for that as a way to be included in this fun Holiday Exchange. Again, I will take names and addresses and distribute, but will not be involved in the exchange itself, just trying to be there to help some younger BOTLs on here.

Rules will be meant to include those not in the main exchange. This means people with under 500 posts qualify, and people here for less than 4 months qualify. The requirement is however that you MUST BE a member in "good standing" on the board (we know what this is) and anyone with questionable or concerning deals will be excluded (not saying this is anyone here, just looking to protect everyone). The exchange itself will be in the same idea as the other one here, but the values will be slightly decreased as some people may not know others as well as those of us here for an extended period have, and to ensure a lower amount incase of any issues. The rules of thumb will be:

Send me your name and address (via PM) and I will redistribute names to everyone. The name you get from me is the name that you will send a cigar related package to.Included in your PM to sign up should be the following:

-your name and address you want the package sent to -a short list of things (cigar related accessories) you want.(lighters, ashtrays, etc...) ALSO this may include some Non-Cigar related if you would like. This happened in years past and just gives some options to people-a short list of things you DONT want. (I dont need another cutter) -your preferences on cigars (favorite blenders, brands)

The names will be distributed either November 29th or early the next day. Gifts can start going out on Monday December 8th. and must be sent by Dec 19th. Put a return address on the box you send out but not your real name or forum name. Return Addy should be "Ccom Newb Holiday Pass" or "Ccom Newb Secret Santa" or something of the like. After you have sent me the PM, post here that you signed up so we can all see who is participating.

the "rules of thumb":If you know right off the bat who your Secret Santa is, dont spoil it for the others. I will post a list of who sent to whom when all is said and done with.The price guideline will be in the spirit of $30.00. This $30 is for the "main" gift not cigars. Cigars are on top of that. The guide on cigars will be no less than 5 cigars. You are welcome to send out any cigar you chose. (no "crap" of course). Of course you can send out more cigars if you want (it is in fact encouraged)

Please sign up with me via PM and post on here by midnight on Novemeber 28th. Any questions or issues feel free to ask. If this goes no where, that’s fine, just wanted to open this up and give everyone here a change to participate in something if they choose. Thanks also to Kuzi for the format for this as I copied some of your words above.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    can i sign up for this so that I can get rid of all my crap cigars?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    West Side b*tches!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Nola, aka @Nolagizmocome rock thissssss 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent 
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally IN!
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in on this. More my speed for this year. Will let me practice to play with the big boys next year.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Step right up... step right up... everyone's a winnah! See the cheesy guy taking names and assigning victims. Win some swag and a smile. Step right up win a stogie. 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Devildog1 and @Nolagizmo are the only 2 who have entered so far.  I know there are more newbs out there than these 2.  Get your entries in!  This was fun last year.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    @MikeTodd and @Oneisnone make sure you read the instructions on what to do in the first post to get in.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did, will PM you the necessary info tonight

THX
    Bumping this up. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I be in on this? @avengethis

Let him in he's a friend.... even if he isn't a newbie.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the poor bastsard that draws Roman as a secret Santa. :D Best to go buy a new cooler now to prepare.
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor-----rendered obsolete LOL.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vulchor nonsense! Vas is das talk of obsolete...

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    B) I am in and can't wait to send some Xmas cheer!!
    edited November 2015
    Awesome bring on some more of us
    n (.)(.)b's
    Bumpity bump bump
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Bumpity bump bump
    haha, I'd like to join and I'll bring my other friend @breandono! Are you in Brendon

"Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
    Bumpity bump bump
    haha, I'd like to join and I'll bring my other friend @breandono! Are you in Brendon? 

Get on in Brendon
    So far I have messages from @Devildog1, @Nolagizmo, @Woodguarden, @UseAsDirected .

I need messages yet from @MikeTodd and @breandono as well as @oneisone
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was away on business and just got back to the real world. Unfortunately, the real world also has come with some real emergency house repairs that happened while I was away.
    So because of the unexpected cost with these repairs, it looks like I won't be participating in the Newb Secret Santa.
    Good luck to all of my newbie BOTL and I hope the secret santa is a success!!
    MikeTodd said:
    Well I was away on business and just got back to the real world. Unfortunately, the real world also has come with some real emergency house repairs that happened while I was away.
    So because of the unexpected cost with these repairs, it looks like I won't be participating in the Newb Secret Santa.
    Good luck to all of my newbie BOTL and I hope the secret santa is a success!!
    I'd still like to send you a gift, if you don't mind. ☺
    -That one guy
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I want in sent my info 
    Good @Retircs1 we need more people! ☺
    -That one guy
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw the post. I am in! Just sent a message.
    Welcome aboard @genareddog
    Anyone else want to get in?
    @avengethis who all do we have so far?