THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Welcome The Cank!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    thanks for the warm welcomes. I now have to figure out why my humi is not holding up to rh. I do believe it is the cold weather. I am gonna get a humidifier that will do up to 100 cigars and call it a day that should keep it steady since my box only holds 25 or so
    I'm stumbling through the same obstacles. My tobacconist tells me to season my humi 3-4 times a month in the winter time. Also, if you have a analog hygrometer, trash it and get a digital. Those things are just for show, apparently. I've also taken the "sponge" out of my humidifier and replaced it with the beads (Cigar Mechanic).
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    thanks again for the help brandon.
  • Options
    thanks again for the help Brandon
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Redtailhawkoz:
    thanks again for the help Brandon
    Not a problem. Glad to have something else in common. And a way to share that, even being so far away.
  • Options
    Cool i just checked and my Order is out for delivery today so I am Anxiously awaiting my New Sticks. I have to do the Tupperdoor for a minute Christmas has be Spent and the Humi will have to wait, I have a Nice Drawer here at Home in a Nice wooden Dress that i can use temp. Hugs Ozzie
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys.

I've been lurking around for a little while.. Great info here. I've been putting my collection together for about a year and a half now. Recently I've taken advantage of the Ghurka Sampler at CCOM and have enjoyed some of those recently (Legend, Black Dragon, Royal Brigade). I'm still learning. I look forward to posting here with you guys. Happy Holidays.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum KCW! Sounds like you've had a great start to the hobby, and you'll fit in perfectly 'round here ;-).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome Hays. Although I crave a nice cigar daily, I only have the opportunity to have one or two weekly. However, you can bet I open up my Big 'ol Humi every night just to get a whiff and say Hello to my boys that are resting in there. Most recently I've thoroughly enjoyed the Oliva Masters Series III Robusto and a Ghurka Royal Brigade Perfecto. Both extremely yummy!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome KCW ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey KCW, Nice to have you here.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Been gone for awhile... Let's just do a blanket "Welcome!" to everyone!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Figured I'd bump this back to the first page. I'm sure we will get a few new members with time off with the holidays.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I have been a CCOM forum voyeur for some time but have never posted. I have been smoking on and off (mostly off) for about 8 years but got more serious within the last 18 months. I purchased a 300 ct humidor about 6 months ago and have been actively trying to fill it. I also bought a mini fridge from HD for about $20 dollars on sale that never worked, gutted it and made a fridgidor. Works great with the forum members recommended "beads"! My lovely wife "authorized" me to make several purchases over the last few months and I secured a box of Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinets, a Gurkha sampler, Rocky Patel Ltd. Ed. 'A' Sampler, a few custom samplers and some RP/Perdomo/MOW segundo bundles. Got to love it! - Rick
  • Options
    Welcome to the family Puff-N-Chug (cool name). Sounds like you've got a good assortment there. I like the Sol Cubana CC a lot myself . At least with the 300 count and the mini fridge you'll have room for a little while. Just beware of be-friending this group of cigar crazies - they don't think 'nothin of cigar bombing the daylights outta a brother with no warning !!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    welcome P-n-C...for some reason, I'm craving a cigar and a beer now..if only it was 12 degrees outside.
  • Options
    Hey Puff'n-- Welcome to the group and enjoy your stay. There are many Gurkha/Patel debates that occur here, you will one day be forced to choose a side, beware.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Puff'n-- Welcome to the group and enjoy your stay. There are many Gurkha/Patel debates that occur here, you will one day be forced to choose a side, beware.

Nawww Kas you don't have to choose ...just keep smoking them both year after year under the guise of "Testing" ...thats what I do !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:

Nawww Kas you don't have to choose ...just keep smoking them both year after year under the guise of "Testing" ...thats what I do !!!
    That is exactly what I intend to do. Which reminds me, I am out of '92's and Nordings again.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. And gmill, let it be known that I am open to getting bomded anytime!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Howdy Puff'n...Welcome to the group! Ya really couldn't ask for a better group of fellas than what we have here, and I've been on more than one forum so I say that with confidence :-).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    PederPeder Posts: 13
    There's been some conjecture, speculation and frankly, some Hoo-Ha...let me go on the record and say "I'm a cigar.com newb and have been directed to this thread." Here I am newbie thread...ready to join the existing ranks of those that have gone before me- cigar.com giants like "Puff-n-chug" and "Hays" and "kaspera79"...and "gmill880." One day I'll be the one welcoming newbs to cigar.com and directing them to proclaim their status on this introductive (introspective?) thread. Maybe that day will be tomorrow...a year from now? Who knows? The important thing is that I keep smoking. And I will.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I tried this once before an I think people were scared to try it out, but here it goes again...

For the first 2 newbies here on the forum that PM me with their address and some smokes they have been looking to try, I will put together a little "welcome aboard" package for you and send it out, hopefully on monday with the rest of them.

Don't be affraid to get in on this one people, I love to share the wealth, and I have plenty of smokes to go around. Who wants 'em?!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I tried this once before an I think people were scared to try it out, but here it goes again...

For the first 2 newbies here on the forum that PM me with their address and some smokes they have been looking to try, I will put together a little "welcome aboard" package for you and send it out, hopefully on monday with the rest of them.

Don't be affraid to get in on this one people, I love to share the wealth, and I have plenty of smokes to go around. Who wants 'em?!
    Wow! Very nice.... I'm not afraid...
  • Options
    Peder:
    There's been some conjecture, speculation and frankly, some Hoo-Ha...let me go on the record and say "I'm a cigar.com newb and have been directed to this thread." Here I am newbie thread...ready to join the existing ranks of those that have gone before me- cigar.com giants like "Puff-n-chug" and "Hays" and "kaspera79"...and "gmill880." One day I'll be the one welcoming newbs to cigar.com and directing them to proclaim their status on this introductive (introspective?) thread. Maybe that day will be tomorrow...a year from now? Who knows? The important thing is that I keep smoking. And I will.
    Hey Peder, welcome to the group. It is a nice way to spend some time with others who enjoy cigars. You are now one of us. ( Yikes !)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Welcome, Peder.

Ejenne, what a true botl.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Peder:
    I just noticed you are at FOB Shank.. how you likeing it there? one of my guys was working out of there. How long have you been in A-stan?
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Welcome Peder !
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome Pender, keep your head down and come back home safe. Be very careful if you ask Evan to hook you up. My humi is still recovering from the last package he sent me. Uh-oh IN COMING!!!!!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Peder:
    Welcome.