Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I also love to fish jigs, it is my bait of choice most times out.  In heavy weeds, I may switch it up to texas rigged plastics.  When in cover water mode, it is a combo of chatterbait, cranks, spinnerbaits, etc.  I usually have 6-7 rigged rods at the ready for just about any scenario.  LOL.  But I love it when the conditions are crying out for a jig.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heading out this next week to an area a couple hours away. Good fly fishing, bait fishing (on certain lakes) and spinner fishing.

This is place has a lot of backpack in locations, and no motor boats on the water rules.

If any of you humans want to hit the Unita Mountains if you are ever in the Utah area, let me know.

It has, admittedley, been a few years since last getting up there; brookies, grayling, and possibly browns if I head down to the river.

Looking fwd to it

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    @skydiverD I use bocabearings Orange seals which are about $30 for the spool bearings and for the drag I use super smooth drag discs. The pq is made by Abu Garcia so the parts are the same sizes as the revo line. Also that that ardent reel supreme oil is awesome!
    Money can't buy taste
    Thanks Lee. I'll look into it. Good wintertime project. I strip them down every winter anyhow to clean them, so the upgrades would be a piece of cake. Sweet. I never even thought of that. 
    skydiverD said:
    Thanks Lee. I'll look into it. Good wintertime project. I strip them down every winter anyhow to clean them, so the upgrades would be a piece of cake. Sweet. I never even thought of that. 
    Yeah it's a pain cleaning reels out! I actually use superlube dry film then add grease or oil just FYI it's got that bonds to metal stuff in it. But yeah my pq 5-1 is my best casting cranking reel it even kicks my revo stx's butt! But it's not as smooth but I don't really care about that
    Money can't buy taste
    For everything but bearings I use mikes reel repair he's got some great gears and drag discs on there! But boca makes the best bearings by far
    Money can't buy taste
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got rained on for two days, but did get to the lake today. Today marked the first tiger trout I have ever caught, and on a caddis fly pattern.

Fun trip, and beautiful location.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    21" smallie. Fat pig. Won us a trophy. Love feeshing. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    crab box
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    I had crabs once....  oh, wrong thread..
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should that be in the what I got today thread???

nice to see this back up. Been pretty quiet this summer  
    here is my last pig. On the trusty Carolina rig about 2 weeks ago. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Carolina Rig... but you live in MO.  Those bass are geographically challenged...   :p

Nice fish Mark
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:

ozarks?
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    matkn293 said:

ozarks?

Lake St. Louis

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Tomorrow 
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow 
    You realize everyone who is covered in snow or ice wants to kill you right now
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow!

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow!

Some guys are just dedicated. 
    I love hard water fishing.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow!

Doesn't look like there is room to roll cast a fly rod in there. At least the beer will be cold and the cigars will be out of the wind.
    Here's how my f*&@!%$ day went.  Eh, I'm just glad I got to get out to the water and spend the day with my son.
    I've had it! I think now that shimano has the svs breaking system they will be all I buy from now on! I've call Abu & quantum for certain parts that have gone bad from well over use and the bills add up! I called shimano and they ask for my address...three days later and I bill all the parts show up plus extra oil and grease! I do love Abu Garcia revos but for the price of replacing simple parts I'm going with shimano for life
    Money can't buy taste
    Went to an annual Fishing convention today. Here are some pics

and more pics

and even more pics

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's how my f*&@!%$ day went.  Eh, I'm just glad I got to get out to the water and spend the day with my son.

I hate when that happens!!

I left all my tackle at father in laws cottage, Stokes Bay Canada. Google map it if you get a chance.  I spend 2-3 weeks there every summer. No water here in the high desert so why keep tackle here. 

Looks like the lightning trout made you drop your starburst bro!!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are cooladors doing at a fishing show? Nobody need that many cigars while fishing.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, That stack of coolers is prolly more expensive than a Bass Tracker!

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a kick out of the change of expression in those two photos.  One's like, "Why am I standing on frozen water, staring at a hole with a stick in my hand?"  The other one is, "This is the best f'in day of my entire life!!!"
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis