Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had a blast.  It was a great fishing weekend.  Weather was nice and we ended up cleaning a little over 100 perch and 10 northerns.  Lots of incredible wild life was around as well.  Sort of wish I could just move up north and skip working.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon. Soon. 

Getting my boat out of storage next week. :)
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job, little guy. You done good....   B)
    Here are 2 of the bigger northerns we caught this weekend. My brother lucked out and pulled both of them through the ice.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Wow!  Very nice....  B)
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a great day fishing & spending time with your son!
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caught this one yesterday at the lake.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you bass fisherman out there check out a company called BioSpawn. They make plastics. I just ordered a product they have called the vile craw. Can be used as a trailer or regular creature. Have heard really good things about them. You can order direct from their website or tackle warehouse. 

Another er bait I have been throwing is a THKO Wakebait. Money in a top water presentation. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a booth at a convention I went to recently.  Good stuff.  They focus a lot on their craws
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trout season just opened here but the streams are too cold, high, and muddy. Kids are all grown up and working so it's time to get back into it.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    First day out.

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another good day out by the water.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    been doing a lot of bank fishing at local ponds and have had some good luck on baby brush hogs.  

9 more days and my annual fishing trip with my dad......god i can't freaking wait.

You will be down there the same weekend we are for our company tourney.

matkn293 said:
    You will be down there the same weekend we are for our company tourney.
    We are in the Camdenton area and probably fishing from Linn Creek down the niangua.  

I can't wait, i just hope that the Big Bass Bash doesn't kill the fishing for the following week.

FYI, probably going out drinking to the Naughtifish bar on Friday night if you are interested.
    We will be in Camdenton at Lake Breeze just before the bridge.  We have a fish fry with everyone on Friday.  Don't know that I will be able to get out, we will see.  We are heading down Thursday morning.  Have no idea where we will be heading to.  Last year we ran 20mi. to PB2 and won the tourney out of there. 

yeah, we don't have the boat to head to PB2 we rent a little old bass boat.  We can run to Linn Creek, but that's about as far as we can go.

We never catch too many big ones, but still have a fun time.

We stay at Kon Tiki which is a little further down the niangua. It's a tiny little resort but works great for us.  VERY CHEAP which is awesome.

There are some decent spot in Lynn but you are probably better off in the niangua or even up near hurricane deck pending on how busy it is at the 4 corners. If you can get to Lynn you can get to hurricane and near Red Oak. Going to be an interesting weekend. I can bet they are starting their spawn down there right now. 

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Just bought a 7ft mad/heavy duckett ghost rod I put my new curado on. It's a nice light set up and have already had some bass on it. I put 12lb flouro on it and it's amazingly smooth!
    Money can't buy taste
    Eat your heart out!!! image

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like 2 whoppers and 2 junior whoppers!! Beauties!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Yes sir. Now to figure out what I am going to throw the two bigguns with. They are huge. 

Good stuff Brad. Always nice to see fathers getting their kids out on the water for a day of fun. 

Took the boys out with my father in law for some crappie fun.
     :p 

I love seeing dad and the boys fishing and bonding. Just gives me a warm feeling. 

Now, who gets to clean that lovely mess o'fish??  Probably mom, right?  After all, dad and the boys worked hard to get 'em. Seems only right.....  :p
    You catch em, you clean em. We had a lot of fun and only took us 30 minutes to clean them up.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it was a great dinner.
    Ok so I have never been into bass fishing but since I am joining a local fishing club they have a few bass tournaments a year.  I picked up a nice baitcasting combo but what should I look at getting for baits?  I figured some plastics, cranks, topwater, buzz but anything in particular you guys like tossing that I should put in the cart?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!