Home Non Cigar Related

NOT Getting Married :-)

I'm 42 years old, and have never been married, never wanted to get married, and had always viewed women as need-based objects. Not too long ago I met my soul-mate. She walked up to me and we talked for an hour and a half with our eyes never breaking contact with each other. I felt like I had known her my entire life, we have everything in common. We quickly became best friends, and fell in love.

It's always been easy for me to love a person, but never have I been "in love" with anyone but myself. I had felt that maybe there was something wrong with me as I was terminally shallow when it came to women. I have since come to beleive that God makes that special someone for each of us, and if we allow Him to take charge, great things shall come to pass. I had said a prayer for God to remove those he did not want in my life, and put the ones he does want for me. 2 days later, she walked into my life. As we talked, it turns out she had said the same prayer (worded differently) not long before I had come into her life.

Yesterday I asked her to be my wife and she, trembling with tears of joy, accepted. We will be married on the first day of May, 2010.

I have waited my whole life for her, and she's everything I never knew I wanted. It's amazing what wonderous results can come from Faith in a power greater than myself. I have been clean and sober for 6 1/2 years and had that not happened (through the Grace of God), I would have never met her, and would most likely be dead. As a result of changing my life, and allowing a kind and loving God to be in charge, I'm being rewarded with the woman I was meant to be with!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    congrats bud. make sure she is okay with you smoking cigars.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congratulations.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    We share them :)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you're a perfect match! As I said before, cops are serial marriers. It took me two previous tries, but when you do indeed find your soul mate and a good friend, there's nothing like it. Best wishes.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! This is a great thing. Best of luck to you both.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude that's the coolest thing ever.
    Genesis 2:18
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Congrat's Cabi. That's great to hear!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Congrats Cabi! As a fellow engaged man, I can definitely share your joy. I hope the best for you guys!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome brother! I am sincerely happy for you. I too share in the experience of turning my life around and surrendering to the powers that be and I have been so blessed since I chose to do that. Amazing, isn't it!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    congrats cabi
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Congrats Cabi! Glad to hear that she's also going to be your new smoking partner too!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    You have everything in common?

What kind of Humidor did she build and what are her squirrels' names???
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congrats Cabi thats awsome ...Me and my soul mate just celebrated our 27 th anni ...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that with us. I am very happy for both of you.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Congrats Cab!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    congrats...
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Congrats! That is a great story and one I'm sure the two of you will share for many years to come!. Not to steal any thunder but my fiance and I are also getting married on May 1st. Not only are we BOTL but we'll both be sharing an anniversary!
    That's awesome! Congrats! I guess it's true, great minds think alike, lol ;)
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    cabinetmaker:
    phobicsquirrel:
    We share them :)

Conversation must've went like this:
    Her: "What are your hobbies?"
    You: "Well, I like to smoke cigars..."
    Her: "Me too!"
    You: *Whips out engagement ring*

Congrats dude. Glad you and her are happy. =D
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Congratulations! And that is one great story that brought you two together. Best wishes with everything!

But remember, what yours now becomes hers too......so hide the good cigars ;-) Haha. But seriously, mucho mucho congrats!!!!!
    To celebrate our engagement, we sat down and smoked a R&J Edicion Limitada Rothschild & Belicoso:

This is what a keeper looks like:

While the cigar was pretty damn good, the company was so much better. I am truly looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her!
  • leftyjcwleftyjcw Posts: 2 ✭✭
    So great. I am 49, my wife is 53. We have been married for 32 years. I had to make a comment, and hope it will help you as time goes by. My wife and I have very little in common. I am VERY out-going. She is shy. I am a musician ( a luthier by trade). She does not play. I love golf ( a 3 handicap, and play 150 times a year). She hates golf. I spend. She saves. You get the idea. Heres the thing though. She loves a clean house, and so do I. I help her keep it clean. She loves the children, and my son, who is now 29, and a +4 handicap player, is my life long golf partner. When I go, he goes too. I give my wife "most" of the money I earn. I keep only what I need to maintain my hobbies. I guess what I'm saying is, the key to a long life together is not having a lot in common, but to truly respect what you DON'T have in common. Give each other the time you need to be yourself, to be different,and you will become one. Congrats, love and peace.
    mmmmmmm.... More pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lassy, why am I not surprised?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    somebody put lassys shock collar back on LMAO !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    somebody put lassys shock collar back on LMAO !!!
    I agree, you can't take this guy out in public.. Merry Christmas Lassie.
    Merry Christmas to everyone on here!!! (Escpecially Cabi's woman)
    Lassy, you are one sick individual. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Congrats. 6+ years for me with two little girls. One looks just like her and one looks just like me. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I would trade it for a few Opus X's though. I keed I keed.
    Sad news. Did not get married, will not be getting married to that one. I'm moving out ASAP. Came home a while back and found her sitting on MY couch smoking pot with her kids in her lap.. Not sure where I'm gonna go, but I'm gonna go. Can't buy cigars for a while with having to save up some money for the move, and business right now is soooo slooow. It's really sad when you meet someone you think is "the one" and it turns out not to be the case. I would rather stick my d!ck in a hand-cranked meat grinder and turn handle until my arm gets tired than spend another second in this situation..