Home Ratings & Reviews

Leaf and Libations

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some of my great news with you.  I've started working with a great group of guys, and soon some gals to review cigars, and pretty much everything that goes along with the hobby/addiction.  We went live not too long ago, and the content is quickly being loaded.  Would love to hear from you guys and gals here as I consider this my family.  

If you have anything you would like us to review please let me know.  We have 4 people independently review the cigar, and post the review when they are all compiled.  

check it out at:  www.thelnl.net

Comments

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    here is the link to the home page:  http://thelnl.net/

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You intend to monetize this? Banner ads or product or bling? Or does it remain a hobby only site? 

Either way. looks like plenty of fun work ahead.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    The site looks great, man!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Roman! Hope all is well with you! I'll say I'd like a review of the taa Angels anvil of 2016. Every time I smoke one something new pops up and makes me think I'm crazy! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I took a cursory look on my Android tablet and again just now on my laptop and it looks good.  Congratulations!  I like the flavor wheel.

The one thing I noticed on my tablet was that when I was reading the website in landscape mode the header took up most of the screen and when scrolling up and down it would change size and make it hard to read the site and navigate.  When I flipped the tablet into a portrait orientation the header was gone, but I prefer to read sites in landscape mode, where the text size is usually larger and easier to read for me.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good, Trident
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    @Lee.mcglynn , the TAA angel's anvil has been done it is being edited.  i will keep you posted to when it is loaded on the site.

New review posted today:  http://thelnl.net/2016/07/11/aj-fernandez-new-world/

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @peter4jc you better watch yourself young man.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh.... "Stcks"....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool website, have it marked, Peter is right, that Brad guy looks like a Ghurka dude
    A little dirt never hurt
    Wylaff said:
    heh.... "Stcks"....
    Smoking, golfing, drumming . All involve sticks
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    New cigar review posted:

Swinger 1895.  http://thelnl.net/2016/07/12/swinger-1895/

you can find them on CCOM.  give them a shot
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cool stuff Roman thanks for sharing and neat site and idea, btw good to see you around brother ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    edited July 2016
    @Lee.mcglynn well that sucks it doesn't tag him right
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

@Trident and @avengethis, really great reviews guys this was a fun read and it was interesting to see how much crossover y'all experienced with so many different palates. Overall I liked the format and made for a much easier read and much easier to understand and see the similarities that everyone experienced as well as the subtle differences! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks Brett @90+_Irishman , Any suggestions on what we should review

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think we should start a new cigar review on the forum. Starting with the letter A pick 1 cigar brand from that letter(and series). If you have them tell us what you think of them then move on to the next letter until Z then start all over again.
    Trident said:
    Thanks Brett @90+_Irishman , Any suggestions on what we should review

I would be real curious to see the new Tat Black reviewed. Being a big fan of the old one I've been curious how these will hold up against such a great blend historically. Always love reading about anything from La Palina too if that works for y'all ;)

Brett
    That is in the chute and should be up soon I believe.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

New Review for : 

L’Atelier Cote d’Or La Tache 2016

http://thelnl.net/2016/07/17/latelier-cote-dor-la-tache-2016/

New review for:  

Diesel Rage

http://thelnl.net/2016/07/18/diesel-rage/
    Another solid read and review Roman, thanks for sharing @Trident

Brett
    Newest Review:

K222 by Tatuaje

http://thelnl.net/2016/07/20/k222-by-tatuaje/
  • Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Glad you guys are enjoying the site. 
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

Really nice job guys, glad to hear it lives up to the hope and hype! Good read and thanks for sharing @Trident @Phil_from_Chicago

Brett
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wtf how many more Koreans that smoke cigars are there?! But good review been thinking about picking up a box or two. 
    Money can't buy taste