Home General Discussion

Heartbreaker

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
I'm not really sure how to post this or what to say.  I just found out that one of my best friends and most beloved cigar friends, Barry Bauman  (bearb) passed away yesterday.   We don't have all the details yet.  He loved this community, and each and everyone of you guys.  He will be missed.

He had 2 children.  Hilary and Simon who are the world to him.  I will be starting a collection for his kids.

I don't have any funeral arrangements yet, but as soon as I do I will share them.

Please keep Barry and his family in your hearts and in your prayers.

Comments

• Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. So sorry to hear this. Prayers up for Hilary, Simon, and the rest of Barry's friends and family. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry to hear this. He was a great BOTL and will be missed. My condolences to you, his family, and all his friends. 
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Romes....I am heart broken by this news. I have had the privilege to me him on a couple occasions. He was a great friend to us all. I will always remember his excitement at the Chicago Herf. I am very sorry for our loss......Seems like the good ones go way to early. :(
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very taken aback by this news.  Less than a month ago he was in fine health, chatting away with us on vherf.  He was a great guy to talk too, he will be missed.  Please keep us updated Roman.  He was too young.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry was a great guy. He stayed up with me many times when Patrick cut out early. He will be missed. Please keep us updated and if you can, let his family know our prayers are with them.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. I loved talking to Barry on Vherf. :(
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I am saddened by the loss of a true friend and brother. But I will always cherish the great memories we shared. May you forever rest in peace, Barry. You will be missed. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear this. 
    Never got the chance to "meet him" on vherf but always enjoyed his conversation here, especially regarding hockey. 

RIP to a great guy and true BOTL. 
    Thoughts & prayers to all of his friends & family. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww shít. I really enjoyed talking to Barry a couple times on the vherf. 
    This sucks.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely heartbreaking, I had met Barry and thought the world of him and have vherfed with him many times and as Patrick said, not one month ago with his son on the line even and had a blast. This is truly tragic and a terrible loss to our community and everyone who knew and loved Barry. Thank you for letting us know Roman and I am so sorry for your loss as well, take care and let me know if there is absolutely anything that I can do. All my love and support brother, will be looking to hear more details and how to help the kids.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP BROTHER, You will be missed
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man that's horrible. He is such a sweet and friendly guy-- loved talking to him.. Shocked- I was really looking forward to seeing him again this December. Pickled eggs baby! Love ya Barry RIP
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this,will be praying for the family,and all the brothers here who knew him well. May he rest in peace 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    This is horrible news. Barry and I were just talking on Monday about him coming down to a Tat event in my neighborhood and I found it odd the I was messaging him yesterday and I didn't hear anything back which is not like Barry at all. Barry was one the nicest guys that I've met through cigars and as many others have said Chicago just won't be the same without him and all the great conversations we've had there, at CFest and via phone. I know he wanted to come down to buffalo with his kids for the day and we talked about a few things for Simon and Hilary to do. Barry will truly be missed. RIP Barry
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not believe I had the fortune to meet him. But this news is heartbreaking. I have really grown fond of this community 
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and loved ones.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news. Did not know him and prayers sent.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. He was fun to talk with on vherf.
    Thoughts go out to his family.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    God's speed, bear.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had the pleasure of knowing him, but when any Brotherhood mourns a loss all brothers mourn.  Be at peace, Brother.......
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    the few interactions I had with him were always good. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Barry. You'll be missed. :(
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm too new to have known him but it sounds like he was well liked here.  Prayers go out to his immediate family and to his BOTL's here on the forum.  

Godspeed Barry!   :'(  
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even know what to say.  The crazy canadian eh'.  You will be missed Barry.  Chicago wont be the same without you and your pickled eggs.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only spoke to Barry a few times, but he was a very nice gentleman. May he rest in peace. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

It really sucks to think that the last time I will every get to see Barry in person was in Las Vegas. He had a great time there and kicked some ass working the booth for Swinger. He was a really great person and someone whom I could honestly call a friend. He will be missed and I pray for his kids and the rest of the people affected by this loss.  "He went to soon" seems cliche but for us losing Barry it is just way to soon. 

I'm going to miss you a ton man. Till we meet again.( for reference Barry is on the left and Roman is in the middle.)
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    I hated reading the text today from Roman, tore me up inside knowing Barry is gone too soon. I had the pleasure meeting Barry at several Chicago herfs, I'm so glad I got to talk and pick his mind on cigars and other stuff for about 20 minutes straight, the man truly knew his stuff. Signing his boxes every year was truly a honor, so sad he won't be there to have another 1 signed. I'm still hoping I can come this year but I purpose we buy a box like Barry dos every year and all of us sign it and send it back to his family. You'll be truly missed brother. RIP
    I think that sounds like a great idea Jeremy.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool Brad we will talk about it soon.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics gents, thanks for sharing its good to see em.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."