Home Cigar 101

Making own Cigars

arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
Ok guys I was thinking about making (rolling ) my own cigars I would like some advice on storing the leaves and any thing else you think I might need to know Thanks for the help 

Comments

• arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my dad moved us here back in 1982 from Ohio. I would love to get out of here but neither me or my mom drive and I need to stay in CA. so I don't get less money on my disability check. Would love to move to northern CA. But will have to do what I can :) I have not had much luck with the beads so would a boveda work and what rh% and how many in the cooler? Thanks for the help

• jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to @webmost! He really knows what he's talking about. Just be ready for a whole new hobby. It's addictive! I have to say though, there's nothing quite like smoking a stick you just rolled.  :)

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    Yeah I have been looking at what everyone has said about him hoping to learn from the Master maybe he will take me on as his padawan lol
    Do the different types of leaf need to kept separate? as in differant coolers
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    Do the different types of leaf need to kept separate? as in differant coolers
    Course not. One cooler separate bags. One sock full of kitty litter does a whole cooler and way cheaper. I suggest the sock cause Needles is so extreme.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to look up padawan.

I'm no expert. Take a look what some of those other fellers roll, like bliss and marcl. Put the pros to shame.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

lol sorry its a starwars refernce sorry I am a NERD
    Is there a best brand of kitty litter that I should use? I found unsecned but it say that it clumps
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exquisicat Silica
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I looked that up at amazon and could not find it @Wylaff
    try esquisicat
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Amazon doesn't sell it.  I think you have to get it at Petsmart.  I haven't been able to find it locally.  

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    It's at petsmart. 

Yeah I found it at pet smart but it is only sold at the store I will have to get next month
    You definitely don't want scented.

Yeah didn't see that thanks
    would the Boveda Humidification Packets work they yes they cost more but are a little easier for me to get 
    Happy 30th @Wylaff
  • El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    What is up!
    Some time back I started using these White Gel Water Crystals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Gel-Water-Crystals-1-Pound-Vase-Bowl-Filler-1LB-Jar-Makes-16-Gallons-/162132352652?hash=item25bfd75e8c:g:PNYAAOxyNW9SLOvz

They are really clean and go a long way. One of these pound jugs make 16 gallons of beads. I use a KFC mac and cheese container with a few slits in the top. I probably fill the beads about half or 3/4 full.

They really are used for maintaining humidity in resting or aging finished sticks.

Working tobacco for rolling is different. I will use large and medium tubs misting mainly, the insides of the tubs. Allowing time for absorption.

Post edited by El_Fumador on
    tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by El_Fumador on
    tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    would the Boveda Humidification Packets work they yes they cost more but are a little easier for me to get 
    Yes, I think Webmost was trying out the 84 boveadas. Any silica-type unscented  litter will work. Walmart typically has them.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    arch72 said:
    Yeah I found it at pet smart but it is only sold at the store I will have to get next month

How much do you need? I picked up a bag today for my coolidor and will have a lot left over... 

I am not trying to get stuff for free guys just looking for what can get near me or easy on line.
    USPS: 9405803699300318638285

I didn't measure a pound, but it should be close. 

It's not about getting it for free.  I have extra, you need some.  enough said.  :) 

LOL ok thanks man you still have my addy?

edited October 2016
    I guess you do I didn't see the tracking number but I do know Thanks Jay(is ok I call you that?) lol