Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

**** 2016 Holiday Gift Exchange ****

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yes I know its early and I know its only mid October. I figured getting this thread started earlier may help some prepare and increase the participation. I copied most of Tony's post from last year so there shouldn't be any confusion. So to start please familiarize yourself with the previous secret santas:

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/895137/official-2015-holiday-gift-exchange/p1

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/842263/official-2014-holiday-gift-exchange

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/701671/official-2013-holiday-gift-exchange

Now that you are up to speed, let's review the pertinent details. To participate, you must satisfy the following requirements:

You must have a join date prior to July 1, 2016.
You must have 500+ posts.
You must be in good standing as a trader.
You must sign up before Thanksgiving.
You must be willing to purchase a gift around $50 in value in addition to sending a nice selection of cigars.

Our goal is to have active members participate while limiting the possibility of someone not holding up their end. If you satisfy the above requirements and want to participate, please send a PM to _________________with the following information:

*Your name and address
*A short list of cigar-related items you would like (keep in mind the $50 value). Ex. Tatuaje ashtray, soft flame lighter, Padron hat.
*A short list of things you specifically don't want. Ex. I hate Viaje and already have 24 cigar cutters.
*Your preferences on cigars. Ex. small ring gauges and all things Pepin and Kelner

I will draw names and distribute them with the above information on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Gifts can start going out on Thursday, December 10th and must be sent by Sunday, Dec 20th.

Again, I wanted to keep this short, so if you have any questions or want to see what is typically sent or just get ideas, check out the previous year's threads posted above. 

The space was left blank for a reason as the person who is going to get the pm's needs to be chosen first. I am going to participate so unless Tony comes back from the abyss I am waiting on an answer from someone. Either way just get your ideas rolling and start to prepare. If you followed the gang war this year this is like that on steroids. I will update later with who to send pm to with the above info.

So without further ado, who's in???
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In of course!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In like Flynn...

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

Sign me up again....and lucky you if you get to run it lol.  Doing the fantasy football and bowl games and NewB Secret Santa a few years ago all at once was like a part time job lol.

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @devildog1 says he is in.

And he told me his cooler is not full!!!!  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @matkn293 is half right, even a broke clock is right twice a day, I am in for the gift exchange but cooler is just fine dandy. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay6 your in
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Look forward to it

Already ordered the Tom Brady bobble head ornaments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In if I qualify
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in if solidorder77 is in
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in! 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    A couple of things

1) Brad has volunteered to run this and take care of all the crap that goes along with this. So when you get your wants, likes, and dislikes together pm Brad @avengethis with the info.

2) I know in all past secret santas there has been a 500 post minimum to participate in this which is why I included it here. I, however, am ok with a newer active member participating in this who is under the 500 post limit. I urge you though, to look through the links above to see what your getting into. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all do respect nick. Changing the post requirements kind of makes it seem like we are combing with the newbie gift exchange.

guess things are changing around here....once again.

think I'll sit this one out. Y'all have fun
    I understand Ro but i would still like to keep it for members who joined before July 1st. Im not against keeping it at 500 either, that was my opinion. 
    I kind of forgot about the newb secret santa too so i see your point. Lets stick to the old rules then. Ro your in  :)
    -- Winston Churchill

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all do respect nick. Changing the post requirements kind of makes it seem like we are combing with the newbie gift exchange.

guess things are changing around here....once again.

think I'll sit this one out. Y'all have fun
    ROYLN!!!!!!  @smoke_em_if_you_got_em !!!!!
    where you been bro?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a separate thread for the Newb SS.  I ran that one last year and will take it on as well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad, you are an organizational wizard
    A little dirt never hurt
    So far we are looking good but I'm pretty sure we have more people that need to be in this...

@Usaf06

@Bigshizza

@matkn293

@Vulchor

@Devildog1

@Jay6

@rsherman24

@danielzreyes

@jbohon

@smoke_em_if_you_got_em

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    So far we are looking good but I'm pretty sure we have more people that need to be in this...

@Usaf06

@Bigshizza

@matkn293

@Vulchor

@Devildog1

@Jay6

@rsherman24

@danielzreyes

@jbohon

@smoke_em_if_you_got_em

Jay6 is gonna do the noob one so we keep to the 500 post minimum 
    -- Winston Churchill

Oh ok sounds good!  I will update my records then.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06

@Bigshizza

@matkn293

@Vulchor

@Devildog1

@Jay6

@rsherman24

@danielzreyes

@jbohon

@smoke_em_if_you_got_em

If @bigfnsteve is in then I'm in
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Come on you salty vets. The noobs can't have more participation than us
    -- Winston Churchill

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am going to have to pass this year, with the move next month and splitting up the business I don't think it's going to be possible, :( 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tentative.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Tentative.
    Ok you are in. Thanks for joining
    Potentially.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Bump
    -- Winston Churchill

Bump
    -- Winston Churchill

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Edna20 said:
    I'm in! 
    There she is!!
    -- Winston Churchill

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about doing this. Sherm blew me away last year. My participation round these parts has been a bit low as of late, not because I don't think y'all aren't beautiful humans, just been busier than a three legged dog chasing a piece of meat.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch