Home General Discussion

Smoking Room

AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well I'm sick of talking about it. It's time to start the smoking room in my basement. I was shut out last night from enjoying a cigar cause the wind was howling and too damn cold. Gonna keep it simple. 4 walls and ventilation. The house is way too big for me and the wife and the kids are grown and gone. Not gonna make this one a palace cause we'll probably sell in a few years so I don't want to over invest in it. It will measure out at about 10'x12'. I can take advantage of fresh air via a basement window and will use a ceiling exhaust fan to ventilate directly outside. Will post some pics as I move along. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Here is the starting point.image

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Dog
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, I'm happy for you. Hopefully it comes together quickly :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a fan in the window and heater next to you, finished, You could add some photo's of Rodney's bums to finish it properly.
    A little dirt never hurt
    I am sure Jiunn would require it.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Al, very exciting stuff and happy for you cant wait to see the pics of the progress!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I would be concerned about the plumping and the window on the floor. The light bulb on the left was looks a bit iffy. and it seems as though your support pillars are running horizontal as opposed to vertical. All big concerns.

I don't why it keeps turning my photos around. When I first put it on the site it was fine and in a day or two it will be right side up.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little piece of heaven.  Add a nice chair and a TV and you will be living.  I would look for a quiet exhaust fan if you haven't started already.  In a small empty space a normal fan may sound like a jet engine.  I think someone on here was talking about it recently in a thread
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good Albin! I know you will enjoy the hell outta it
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very jelly, as I froze my but off, last night and this morning. looks awesome.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am with Bigfoot. Very jealous. Happy for you 
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
     where does the 600 inch big screen go?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I would be concerned about the plumping...  All big concerns.
    dirtdude said:
    add some photo's of Rodney's bums to finish it properly.
    Hmm, proximity does not imply causality. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Little piece of heaven.  Add a nice chair and a TV and you will be living.  I would look for a quiet exhaust fan if you haven't started already.  In a small empty space a normal fan may sound like a jet engine.  I think someone on here was talking about it recently in a thread
    I am going to install a Panasonic whisper green select fan. Might not have quite the draw I want but close and supposed to be very quiet. Nothing turning up the volume on some music won't take care of.
    dirtdude said:
    Put a fan in the window and heater next to you, finished, You could add some photo's of Rodney's bums to finish it properly.
    You know what the difference is right now between you and me Randy. 52 degrees. It's 58 by you and 6 degrees by me. I'm sitting outside right now smoking a cigar 1 foot away from a heater and don't even feel it.
    I am sitting in the garage freezing my a$$ off Albin, maybe I should turn the heater on.

Enjoy your smoke Al
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    I am sitting in the garage freezing my a$$ off Albin, maybe I should turn the heater on.

Enjoy your smoke Al
    Yeah freezing your ass off. 

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    dirtdude said:

Enjoy your smoke Al
    Yeah freezing your ass off. 

I've seen your setup Brad and you have nothing to complain about.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm outside in the garage now. No more inside the house.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    You need a big heater then.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albin, I'll be keen on hearing your feedback on the Panasonic WhisperQuite fan.  I looked at them, but it looks like adjusting the CFM isn't all that easy, if you want to change it on a regular basis.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What'd you do wrong?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    He is in the doghouse, go figure
    A little dirt never hurt
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that fan doesn't have the draw you want, add a second one. You may need it in a room that size. Put it on a timer so they can exhaust for a while after you done to keep the smell down. If it was me, I would put a return air grill in the door or somewhere in the room to pull air from as the makeup. Having just the window could get cold quickly. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on @matkn293 suggestion. 
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland