Home Non Cigar Related

Spicy peppers

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit crazy, but that is beyond crazy. 

It does look like they were cored and seeded...   I messed with some ghost peppers this year, from some seeds that Allan @WaterNerd sent, and they are beyond the chocolate morugas, or chocolate bhuts.  Part of me says there's no way that video is for real.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damingo's in Mocksville has a waiter that you can challenge to eating ghost peppers. Seen the guy down 8 like it was nothing.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to bookmark Peter's video! That was one of my favorites!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ol' Peter's one tough hombre....

(of course, maybe 'tough' is spelled c-r-a-z-y.... )

:# 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ok, I am curious, what did @peter4jc do
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Ok, I am curious, what did @peter4jc do

I was wondering the same thing. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL 

Someone buy that man a defibrillator   :D
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool as a cucumber! 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he took it pretty well, looking alittle sick at the end there. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a small bite of one of those ONCE. A better man than me, thats for sure.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father taught me how to eat hot peppers.  He said after you eat them, eat ice cream.  The next morning on the pot, you yell, "C'mon ice cream!"
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Man, I break out into a sweat all over again, just watching it.  Definitely brings back some bad memories.

I'd place that Chocolate Moruga a little hotter than a habanero, but nowhere near a ghost pepper.
    Post edited by peter4jc on
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, you da man, Bro. I doubt many of the BOTLs/SOTLs could or would do that. I know I d@mned sure wouldn't.....  :#
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In extreme cases, an application of Vaseline can be a lifesaver if done in advance to prevent most of the damage from afterburn.

I can't eat peppers like I used to anymore.  The last time I had Camarones a la Diabla at a local dive bar Cazadores I had to leave work later in the afternoon to find some frozen yogurt to ease the stomach pain.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone be willing to trade ghost peppers for cigars?  Would like to get a few.  Thanks in advance.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome videos @peter4jc, never thought of you as a stupid man but there it is on the internet. Maybe @Patrickbrick will do a video with ghost peppers
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrickbrick I have dried ghost peppers
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job on those pepper @peter4jc there is no way in he!! I would do that. I don't think you are stupid but maybe a little crazy. LOL
    That works, but I know you, so you send first.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    It's only funny because it's true.
    MOW badge received.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only funny because it's true.
    Don't listen to them patrick, I love your a$$ even though it is nonexistent. Wait... that came out wrong. Never mind please continue.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Ghost Pepper joke in there that wants to be told, but I just can't. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Bump.

Have any of you tried the Scorpion pepper?
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
    Here's a good Ghost pepper hot sauce. (There's a Hot Licks near where I live.)
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
    Bump.

Had several plants a few years ago. Did very well here in So Calif. They were hot but I didn't like the flavor. I now just grow Ghost peppers. Love those peppers :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

WaterNerd said:
    ElJimbo said:
    Bump.

Had several plants a few years ago. Did very well here in So Calif. They were hot but I didn't like the flavor. I now just grow Ghost peppers. Love those peppers :)
    Pepper plants do very well here. Gotta coupla pequin plants that are just left to themselves and somehow  survived the drought. Might have to add those to my grow list.