Home General Discussion

Regarding newbs and their customer service complaints,....

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
At this time,.......I'd like to suggest that the forum regulars not "vigorously engage" new members who are venting their frustrations over the recent problems at ccom and CI. I know some of their whining is BS and I know that asking this of you is similar to herding cats but, let's cut them some slack this time around. We all know that the typical whining complaints we usually see directed at ccom are mostly BS and deserve to be dissected and stomped. And I admit I've done my share of whiner bashing (and I'll do it again,) so, don't bother to dig up my old posts in order to call me a hypocrite. I just think this time is different. This seems like a good time to let it ride. I would guess that at this point, with all the problems going on, there are probably way more eyeballs on our little forum than usual. They have troubles with their cigar orders and are looking for information. I'd hate for their first impression of our wonderful forum to be of a bunch of a-hole replies to new member's complaints.

The guys at ccom headquarters have jumped onto these complaint threads to offer help. Pass along these sources instead of your bad-ass attitude towards the poor newbies. Pick on me if you want to. I promise to be offended too if that helps you any. Remember to admonish me for not posting this in NCR and above all, don't forget to flag me. 

Sarah Stern | Quality Assurance Manager | CIGAR.com
1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
PH 800-357-9800 x872 | FAX 877-464-2872
sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
Andrew Dzikoski  andyd@cigar.com

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    At this time,.......I'd like to suggest that the forum regulars not "vigorously engage" new members who are venting their frustrations over the recent problems at ccom and CI. I know some of their whining is BS and I know that asking this of you is similar to herding cats but, let's cut them some slack this time around. We all know that the typical whining complaints we usually see directed at ccom are mostly BS and deserve to be dissected and stomped. And I admit I've done my share of whiner bashing (and I'll do it again,) so, don't bother to dig up my old posts in order to call me a hypocrite. I just think this time is different. This seems like a good time to let it ride. I would guess that at this point, with all the problems going on, there are probably way more eyeballs on our little forum than usual. They have troubles with their cigar orders and are looking for information. I'd hate for their first impression of our wonderful forum to be of a bunch of a-hole replies to new member's complaints.

The guys at ccom headquarters have jumped onto these complaint threads to offer help. Pass along these sources instead of your bad-ass attitude towards the poor newbies. Pick on me if you want to. I promise to be offended too if that helps you any. Remember to admonish me for not posting this in NCR and above all, don't forget to flag me. 

sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 

What @Bob_Luken said and a very hearty AMEN brother.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not bothered by the venting, its a new thread for every person that is getting old.  As i posted before, please look around a little before starting a new thread.  There are at least 10 threads saying the same thing.  Just add to it instead of starting a new 1.  Thank you.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to start a new thread to say I agree with this thread.

OK, no.

But, This place was my first forum experience, and I have to remember that I didn't know what to expect.  I had no idea that there were idiots who created a persona just to knowingly bash some cigar maker, shop, etc.  I didn't equate "post count" to validity.  So, although I've probably done a little bashing here and there myself, I think @Bob_Luken makes a very good point about timing. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amos_Umwhat is right about Bob_Luken being right! (shameless Blazing Saddles reference)

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I honestly Dgaf if they **** cause i would too. I dont have patience when It comes to money especialy my money. So carry on with the **** cause i would be. Also, if you need recommendations on where to buy from online feel free to pm me. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Bobarino, cut 'em slack right now, they are fed up and don't know it's mostly us cigar smokers reading this forum. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I honestly Dgaf if they **** cause i would too. I dont have patience when It comes to money especialy my money. So carry on with the **** cause i would be. Also, if you need recommendations on where to buy from online feel free to pm me. 
    Free stuff on these sites?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones I like are the ones that have never been in here before, mad cuz their order of Panama Jacks didn't go through.
    Then you never see them again.
    But I guess it's to be expected.

But someone should pin this topic.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get where they are coming from and honestly I can relate to how frustrating that would be, what gets me is what others have stated and that is how every new dolt has to make a post about it and leave threats in each post. That doesn't help anything and just exacerbates the situation and makes it so that few would respect what you have to say. Listing a complaint is one thing, but ranting and making threats just makes that person sound childish and losing my desire to relate and sympathize. If you have a complaint list it in one of the threads that already exists and use the contact that Sarah and Andy have provided to resolve the issue. Issuing threats or ranting does nothing but negative steps.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the people on the receiving end having to sort out a problem are rarely the ones who caused the problem, I can appreciate what they're going through on there end, it can be a thankless job. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I'm extreeeeemely (you know it's really extreme because of how many E's I put in it!!!) particular about who I give money to.  We keep a running black-ball list in our household and once you're on it you never come off. 

If I were new to the companies up in Bethlehem, if this were my first purchase, and if I had the issues some of these guys claim to have experienced, it's pretty likely I would have black-balled cigar.com too!  I get that it's annoying for those of us who live out much of our lives on this forum, but at the end of the day this is still a business that we're hanging out at, not a local park.  And when you hang out at a business, sometimes you get to listen to the management get b1+tched out for something the company did wrong.

If a transaction goes south, it can be atoned for with good customer service.  But if I give you money, see nothing in return, you disappear off the face of the earth, take your phone off the hook, and stop answering emails, you bet I will put your company on blast on any website or forum where I can find a place to do so.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Shut up, Bob.

Jk bro, jk.

#luvyouxoxo
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ****! I see Rain! Not JK either. You been gone dude! 
    edited March 2017
    Almost a whole year you been gone playing Final Fantasy, drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and eating Totino's? You must be really fat now, huh?
    Congrats on the kid and all that other crap too, but, mostly the kid :)
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy wins the threadjaker of the week award too!  Congratulations on your achievements.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain said:
    Shut up, Bob.

Jk bro, jk.

#luvyouxoxo
    who the he11 are you? @rain

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

A noob with a complaint.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Sig Nightmare @Rain? I miss mine! I had one but bills got in the way while I was in school. I still rock the Sig STX Custom shop (my avatar). Welcome back around!
    A good eye.

It is. I'd always wanted a pistol and I was just kind of like that looks nice. Got it for 8
    Rain said:
    A noob with a complaint.
    oh, well then you're in the right place. 
    but you should probably start your own thread about it. 

:D:D;)

what uppppp man? 
    sounds like all's good down in texas.  congrats on the little one and the EMT award. 

Not much, really.

Haven't smoked in ages and am patiently waiting for Mass Effect to come out. Otherwise....work and sleep.
    Rain said:
    Not much, really.

Haven't smoked in ages and am patiently waiting for Mass Effect to come out. Otherwise....work and sleep.
    mannn back for an hour and already dry beggin for smokes & video games ..... damn son.   lolololololol  

I know how cheap you guys are so I already preordered the game.

Send a humi. #humibegging
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain said:
    Not much, really.

Mass Effect? Is that anything like Flat Eath?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 

Well said. That said.............some noops need a bashing, ESPECIALLY now.
    At big sister's forum, this upgrade has been nothing short of a catastrophe.
    The noob crying at an all time high.

In general, if a noob comes in and asks in a respectful manner about his/her order, he/she should get a decent response.

However, if they come in be beetching and whining and screaming at CS, and how this place suqs, etc., ..........well.........those zero noops need to be smashed and bashed.
    They don't deserve to be stroked, have their diaper changed, and told its OK, go over there in the safe spot, and I promise you'll get your cigars soon.

Carry on...