Home Cigar 101

Customer Service

How disappointing to receive such poor customer service from Cigar.com. Ordered 2 weeks ago and supposed to receive 3 day shipping. Not received as of yet. Left 2 messages online with no response. Called customer service and after waiting 20 minutes for the second time, described my issue and was basically told tough ****. So, $273 later, no cigars and no idea where they are. Will be disputing with my CC company - which I told the customer service rep Stella and was told that if I did this, I could never order from them again. Since I never will, this isn't an issue for me.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That sounds out of character for Cigar.com

Anybody else having issues?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting that Ccom and CI have the software issues and all and the people come out of the woodwork pissed.
    As for being told tough, I find that hard to believe.

While I have had a few issues with some things, I have NEVER had them be disrespectful or not understanding.

I know that there are issues going on with orders, but everyone has said that they were told they are working through the issues and will get all the orders out.

I've been known to be impatient for orders myself, but usually an email to them clears it up. It may be that this person did have this kind of experience. Don't know.
    But again, even at MY worst, they have been understanding and respectful.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I ordered a Daily Deal and had it delivered before I got the email notification that it had shipped.  Return address on the plain brown box was addressed to Meijer & Dutch who is the importer and distributor for CI and cigar.com and a shitload of others.  No Fulfillment Center crap.  Looks like CI and cigar.com are shipping directly from Meijer & Dutch who were the founders of CI, cBid, and CIGAR.com.
    Post edited by cigarbreath on
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing could have been handled a better way. I understand you don't want to show your competition you've been wounded but you need to take care of your bread and butter. I just ordered some cigars and less than 12 hours later they are sending me emails apologizing about the delay. This should have been done much sooner when they realized the scope of their problem. Before a cut gets infected you put a band aid on it. Here's technology at it's best. Hire human beings for your customer service. People like to feel alive instead of another computer.   
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they obviously had a major meltdown. Maybe they were hacked or their 'puters infected. **** happens, have patience, can't be fun for them either.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I have been lucky, two years and never an issue with ccom or ci.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentlemen please read the error thread under general discussion. I got ahold of someone from CI who explained everything to me in more detail.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    they obviously had a major meltdown. Maybe they were hacked or their 'puters infected. **** happens, have patience, can't be fun for them either.
    Must be a fat guy from Russia in his mom's basement that hacked them...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, there's fat people in Russia?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Wait, there's fat people in Russia?
    According to the Trumpster there are.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told that c.com switched operating systems and that's the cause of the delayed orders. Direct shipping from the importer might be part of the problems that c.com is going through also. I have gotten two e-mails about my outstanding order.
    I have always been treated with respect and care in all my dealings with them. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that all companies provided the customer service CCom does. I have even had then make right a damaged order that was clearly not their fault. Sorry you had a hard time but it just does not sound like them. 
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I placed an order on IPSD last Monday with a sister company also affected by this upgrade. Order still shows processing a week later. I called customer service and the woman on the phone was rude and unprofessional. I was told they were behind because of the upgrade. Ok fine so what is the status of my order I ask? Now she claims my payment didn't go through yet they have been paid and my account shows so. So I told her this is ridiculous and she needed to cancel my order to which she replies I can't. You just have to wait until Monday or Tuesday and see what happens. Seriously? You have my money and haven't even shipped any product after a week and I'm just supposed to sit here and be ok with that? 

I'll also mention that this sister company has serious packaging issues. Every order I have placed has arrived damaged. Almost every order has had items missing because they show in stock online yet they don't have them in stock. They don't notify you they just send a partial shipment. I won't order from them ever again no matter how great the sale. They have become the T word of pipes. Their competitors shipped lightning fast for the big IPSD sale.l and the items are always packaged well.  

If I was an owner of these companies I would look at the social media mess they have created for themselves and heads would roll. It's all over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The original poster here isn't alone in his frustration and this isn't an isolated incident. This has blown up in their faces and though I can't speak for ccom their sister company's customer service is seriously lacking. I've always found ccom more personal and willing to make things right. 
    Post edited by jsnake on
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those damaged packages - were they shipped via Oops??  I can't remember the last time I received an order from ANYONE that wasn't damaged if it came via UPS. 

Its as though their business plan is based on how many packages they can mangle. 

Whenever possible, I specify that I DONT want my purchase shipped via UPS. Sometimes that even works.....  :#
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    jlmarta said:
    Those damaged packages - were they shipped via Oops??  I can't remember the last time I received an order from ANYONE that wasn't damaged if it came via UPS. 

Its as though their business plan is based on how many packages they can mangle. 

Whenever possible, I specify that I DONT want my purchase shipped via UPS. Sometimes that even works.....  :#
    I don't recall. I keep getting these UPS packages that are dropped off and delieved by usps. It wasn't the box that was damaged. It was the throwing of multiple tins and cutter and lighters and pipes or whatever into a box left half empty and thinking 1 air pillow would protect it all. The contents just banged against each other the entire trip causing damage. Brought this to their attention every time it happened. You have to fill that empty space to keep everything in place. After that it would be the shipping companies fault. 

Now to their credit they have always replaced damaged items. It's just frustrating for me and not cost effective for them. Package it right the first time. Sell what you have in stock so you don't lose money shipping partial packages multiple times. 

I keep going back because their prices beat all competitors but I'm starting to think the few extra dollars might be worth spending to get it fast and right the first time. 
  • Cigar-713099Cigar-713099 Posts: 20
    Same issue, placed order last week and is still in processing called several times and phones are off the hook and sent 3 emails with no response. Going to cancel order if they ever get back to me and order through holts.com never had any problems with them
  • cgbgcgbg Posts: 4

My order from two weeks ago has a confirmation # but it has not arrived.

I also have an old order from CI with no confirmation number that appears to be "lost in space".

I have never had a problem with either vendor before...many many orders over many years....this is not pretty....

Suggestion to both:   Post a "letter to our customers" on the front of the web page and explain whatever issues you are having and when you expect to resolve them.

This is a competitive business and each day of delay is _very_ bad for business.

• wyowolfwyowolf Posts: 11
    Prior to this last order they have all arrived in a timely manner, the last one is STILL on BO... no idea when or if it will ever ship :(
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarah Stern | Quality Assurance Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 x872 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
    Andrew Dzikoski  andyd@cigar.com
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Sarah Stern | Quality Assurance Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 x872 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
    Andrew Dzikoski  andyd@cigar.com

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Nimble1Nimble1 Posts: 1
    no response from request on account page and phone is always busy...last order from CC is this is not handled soon.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimble1 said:
    no response from request on account page and phone is always busy...last order from CC is this is not handled soon.
    Read the posts above yours and they will handle it. The forum community is getting sick and tired of New Members that come on here ONLY to complain… 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • dre726dre726 Posts: 2
    I have cancelled all my orders, discontinued my multi-year C-O-M Club status as well. As many have said...and I do agree; Cigar.com has failed to meet almost every standard by which customer service is judged: responsiveness, timely shipments, accessibility... and most importantly, when you have failed in every other capacity, the willingness to admit it and make amends.

I have called, emailed, attempted contact through my account and then Facebook (the only way to date I have gotten a response-albeit sadly lacking) - 20 plus attempts over 2 weeks. As a customer I should not have to cajole a response from a company with whom I have spent much and been a customer for years. No one has, to date, attempted in any way to reach out to me to resolve my issues. As a consumer I am voting with my business, as a fellow retailer I find this company's total disregard for their customers appalling and arrogant. If I were to treat my customers in this fashion I would be out of business!

You can choose your own paths (or blindly disregard what so many here are echoing or as the one idiot above did-merely through senseless insults out for no reason at all). I suggest voting with your business-the only message that ultimately will be heard.

Sad this once great resource has for some reason chosen to stick their head in the sand and ignore us, isn't it? I, for one will spend my hard earned dollars with someone who values me as a customer.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you go to a local diner for years and have no issues and get bad service once, you will no longer do business with them?

As I said before, I find it interesting that those who have done business here for years, have had no problem. Others, who come and blast away, have not seemed to make an effort, other than to try and call. Even though, it's been posted several times to email the reps.

I get not doing business again with some place where you have bad service, but sometimes, you have to look at past history.
    There are a couple places I deal with that if I were to never do business with them, after having a bad incident with them, I wouldn't have had some great deals.

I will agree that it would be a good idea for these companies to "make it right" in some way or another.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, I choose to remain loyal because of many years of great service, I'm talking ccom here, not the evil twin CI.

They seem to be hung up in a very bad computer transition.  My college is doing the now and it is not fun, but I understand what they are going through.

They did split an order for me and I am still waiting for the second part.  I emailed Andy and got a response within a few hours.  They are trying and I choose to remain loyal to them.  Fortunately, I have stockpiled cigars for a while and I am not in dire need of replacements, so I can wait.

dre726 said:
    I have cancelled all my orders, discontinued my multi-year C-O-M Club status as well. As many have said...and I do agree; Cigar.com has failed to meet almost every standard by which customer service is judged: responsiveness, timely shipments, accessibility... and most importantly, when you have failed in every other capacity, the willingness to admit it and make amends.

I have called, emailed, attempted contact through my account and then Facebook (the only way to date I have gotten a response-albeit sadly lacking) - 20 plus attempts over 2 weeks. As a customer I should not have to cajole a response from a company with whom I have spent much and been a customer for years. No one has, to date, attempted in any way to reach out to me to resolve my issues. As a consumer I am voting with my business, as a fellow retailer I find this company's total disregard for their customers appalling and arrogant. If I were to treat my customers in this fashion I would be out of business!

You can choose your own paths (or blindly disregard what so many here are echoing or as the one idiot above did-merely through senseless insults out for no reason at all). I suggest voting with your business-the only message that ultimately will be heard.

Sad this once great resource has for some reason chosen to stick their head in the sand and ignore us, isn't it? I, for one will spend my hard earned dollars with someone who values me as a customer.
    How does someone have a multi year subscription and order all the time from ccom and not have a rep? As it has been said multiple times, e-mail one of the two that are listed in this thread and get you a rep. They take care of their people first and foremost. If you don't have a rep, you are just one of thousands of people that come and go.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Ccom <3
    I love Andy and the reps, but especially Andy <3
    I love Bob (2Bs) Luken <3
    I love Dogs <3