What are you reading?

1789101113»

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo ChicagoPosts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6
    The Millionaires - Brad Meltzer
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to have to read this series again. I read it 35 years ago and really enjoyed it.

Doris Lessing at 100: roving time and space

On the centenary of the Nobel laureate’s birth, Patrick French explores her science-infused series Canopus in Argos.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02992-9
    reading about these critters on the web this morning

Natures Greatest Killing Machines The Harpy Eagle
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Near BostonPosts: 784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those talons make me shudder.  Jeez.
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 9,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomas Pynchon Bleeding Edge
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS vHerf Link for iPhones -Chris
    Haven't read that one, let us know what you think about it. Pynchon is one of my favorites. "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now." one of the great opening lines.
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 9,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do, Edward. I've enjoyed the Pynchon that I've been able to finish. I started Mason & Dixon, paired with a Crowned Heads Mason Dixon cigar, but put the book down and haven't finished it. Maybe someday.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS vHerf Link for iPhones -Chris
  • MartelMartel Somewhere in PAPosts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭
    Pynchon is weird.  My kind of weird.

V. and The Crying of Lot 49 are fantastic; though I've never read Gravity's Rainbow.

Try David Foster Wallace next.  He's like Pynchon on steroids for Gen X.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    never too old to learn more about ants:
    https://antwiki.org/wiki/Welcome_to_AntWiki