Home General Discussion
Options

Contest: help me put together a boffo birthday order

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    hehe... actually, out of the whole list, I personally find the Monte's among the least interesting as well. I've found that the more cigars I smoke, the less I am inclined to like Montecristos, although they used to be one of my favorites. I've been a consultant for most of my career, so it's just my inclination. I am also a huge math/numbers nerd who is big on efficiency. You should see the spreadsheet I used to compile and your birthday recommendations. In fact, you should see any of the hundreds of spreadsheets which plan, manage, and report on every detail of my day-to-day life. It's actually pretty disgusting. :)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, it sounds pretty disgusting. I remember when those big day-planners first became popular and people around me started buying them and carrying them around everywhere. My comment was, "God, I hope my life is never busy enough that I need one of those." That's pretty much how I still feel.

Also, I'm allergic to organization.
  • Options
    I need them because my brain has become too slippery to hold useful information. Only useless information sticks. That's why I'm trying to tar it up with cigars. I have a theory that will help.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I too have major organizational allergies. I bought a blackberry to help and all I use it for is keeping track of cigar stuff and you guys addresses lol.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you've got your priorities straight, maddy.

That's a good theory, duty. I think I'll borrow it.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I'd probably use the extra dough on some ... Sol Cubano Sumatras.
    If trying one first would help you decide, I happen to know that a SC Sumatra should be waiting for you with the office ladies today.
  • Options
    You nutbar. Thanks!
  • Options
    A further wrinkle: I'm considering substituting Anejos for the Centurians. Thoughts?
  • Options
    urbino:
    A further wrinkle: I'm considering substituting Anejos for the Centurians. Thoughts?
    You have one of those to try too. FYI, some of us can get them at B&M for half what they sell for online. You're better off trading for them.
  • Options
    Aha! This is highly useful information. Also, once again: you are a nutbar! And thanks!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Scrambler:
    urbino:
    You have one of those to try too. FYI, some of us can get them at B&M for half what they sell for online. You're better off trading for them.

OK, I have been reading this B&M since I found this site. I give up! I can't figure out what it is you are reffering to when you use that B&M term. Someone fill me in plz. We Canadians can hardly even smoke outside these days without someone complaining. Smoking in Bars and rest. STRICKLY FORBIDDEN
  • Options
    laker, B&M stands for Brick & Mortar, which refers to any physical store.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    laker, B&M stands for Brick & Mortar, which refers to any physical store.

Got it. Thanks Scrambler.

Our B&M's ( now I can use that! lol) are pretty pathetic up here. The selection available online is by far superior. :(
  • Options
    We really need to be able to make a FAQ thread that would stay at the top of the General Discussion area.
  • Options
    Enough, by god. Here it is, the last and final revision of the Boffo Birthday Order. This is it, I mean it! ("Anybody want a peanut?")

10 - Oliva Special S, Diadema
    1 - Gran Habano VL (2005), Churchill, Maduro Box of 15
    10 - Graycliff Original Release (1997), Coronas Especiales
    10 - Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Churchill
    10 - Avo Domaine #30
    12 - Gurkha Centurian
    12 - Gurkha Royal Brigade
    5 - Montecristo Media Noche No.3
    10 - A. Fuente Don Carlos #3
    5 - CAO L'Anniv. Cameroon Churchill
    5 - Trinidad Corona
    10 - Sol Cubano Sumatra Churchill
    5 - Punch Gran Puro Pico Bonito

I threw in the Punches so kuzi would love me.

That gives me 7 cigars I've never tried -- GH, Royal Brigade, Monte, CAO, Trinidad, SC, Punch -- and all the others are cigars I've rated 9.0 or higher.
  • Options
    I just wet my pants
  • Options
    Again? You really should see a urologist.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Again? You really should see a urologist.
    Or a proctologist, could be an enlarged prostate... never too young to get poked, and I fully realize how wrong that sounds, let the games begin.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one to get the "Princess Bride" reference?

"NOBODY messes with a Sicilian... Especially when DEATH is on the line!"
  • Options
    Heh. You're the first to comment on it, at least. Love that movie.
    j0z3r:
    never too young to get poked
    That's just what I keep telling the police.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Am I the only one to get the "Princess Bride" reference?

"NOBODY messes with a Sicilian... Especially when DEATH is on the line!"
    I missed it! I don't see it! Gahhh!!
  • Options
    HA! Princess Bride is a great movie! A buddy of mine preformed our wedding ceremony, he went and got a one day license to do it. It was really cool, anyways at the rehersal to start off his stuff he said "Wove, Twue, Wove" Everybody except my wife and his wife found it hilarious. Its funny to them now bc they told him they'd kill him if he did it during the ceremony.
  • Options
    One last adjustment. After smoking that Padilla 68 last night, I need to have some of those. I would've sworn I'd ordered a fiver a while back, but can find no evidence of it. Anyway, I'm going to go with 5 Sol Cubano Sumatras instead of 10, and add 5 of the Padillas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Can I recommend making one or two of the Padilla '68 a robusto. This was the size I went with, and I enjoyed the hell out of it...also the highest rated in the line if CA ratings mean anything to you (they don't mean a whole lot to me).
  • Options
    Duly noted, Joe. I wish they made it in a corona. It seems like that would be a great size for it.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Great pick on the Padilla 68. I always overlook it since I always try to keep some in my box.
  • Options
    It's here! It's here! The new phonebook my Boffo Birthday Order is here!

insert Homer Simpson drooly noise here

• Options
    Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood ....
  • Options
    urbino:
    It's here! It's here! The new phonebook my Boffo Birthday Order is here!

insert Homer Simpson drooly noise here

Set the table Urbi... we'll all be over in 10 minutes to sing Happy Birthday, Eat cake, (and to mooch a few of those sticks:)! ) You should be a happy man for a day or two anyway eh?
  • Options
    mmmmmmm... cigars....

Homer: Give me a beer, Moe.

Moe: I don't serve alcohol anymore. This is a cigar bar now.

Homer: Fine. Cohiba me. Leave the humidor.