Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a big day for the 5 Vegas.. Today was a 5 Vegas Classic Rubusto.. Not as good as I expected.. the wrapper split and despite my best effort to hold it together, I finally had to peel it off and smoke it with the binder exposed for the last half.. It lost quite a little in the flavor, but this was one of the cigars I committed to that 60 % humidity test.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Three cigar day for me, prolly over did it because the last one didn't taste like it usually does. First one in the morning with coffee Hemingway Classic. Then after lunch had a Trinny Reyes awesome flavor. Then just got back walking the dogs and had a Padron 6000. Now just waiting for the freezing rain to come in thats in the forecast.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ... it was nice, it drew almost too loose...it that makes any sense....had the fiesta on Saturday. I ended up smoking a lot. I had a 5 Vegas "A", Gurka Regent, Cusano 18 Dbl Maduro and I think something else..but I have no idea. I gave away a 5 Vegas Classic, 5 Vegas Gold plus a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Some one gave me a Padron1964, Ashton & Arturo Fuente for the humi. Plus I have 5 cases of beer and 2 gallons of tequila left....oh boy!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Sitting in my hotel room with sheets of ice coming down outside and smoking a Illusione 88 that been in my humi since June. Excellent smoke.
  • Options

madurofan:
    Sitting in my hotel room with sheets of ice coming down outside and smoking a Illusione 88 that been in my humi since June. Excellent smoke.

Sheets of Ice that sucks. But hey I'm waiting on an ice storm to come here. Dude I hope the ice is gone before I have to go back to work. You have no idea how much it sucks to work when the roads are all iced over. But hey you have an Illusione. Hey did I think you yet for the one you sent me. Thanks.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just finished wiping down my new Don Carlos humidor. It is very pretty I must say. Gonna wait a few hours and wipe it down again. It came with an Ashton humidifier. The instructions say that it "is the first device that can use both distilled water and tap water". I'm not taking any chances, distilled it it!

Got the cigars with it of course. They threw in the little humipacks and didn't put them in water first so they were flat. Got my 3 for $5 today too and those humipacks were also pretty flat. Quick fix. Threw them in some distilled water and they are fixed. Got myself a Nub 12 pack on the way. Where the hell am I going to put all of these? I have like 10 bags right now that are full. More than I will be able to fit in the humidor but I'll keep all the cognac infused ones in bags for now. It's safer that way.
  • Options
    Yea its apparently the storm of the century here in Kentucky, they're all freaking out. 3 inches of ice or something.

That HL I sent you is AWESOME IMHO. The 88 is completely different, Ive fallen back in love with the illusiones.
  • Options
    Had a Camacho SLR Maduro at the B&M after I got off of work tonight.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Yea its apparently the storm of the century here in Kentucky, they're all freaking out. 3 inches of ice or something.
    They're saying some of that may make it down this far, but nothing yet.
  • Options
    Its bad here man. It looks like it snowed but its all just ice.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Wheelie, hope the seasoning goes well. Maddy, be careful bud, and ummm, I wasn't aware there were smoking in hotels anymore...
  • Options
    There is in Kentucky apparently :). One of the few places i've been to that does allow it, its so freakin nice.
  • Options

madurofan:

That HL I sent you is AWESOME IMHO. The 88 is completely different, Ive fallen back in love with the illusiones.

Your right I smoked a cg4 the other night that I had sitting for a while. Taste better than I remembered. You know I can handle snow, but ICE sucks the big one. My wife and kids of course are hoping for it stay home from work and school and all. I just see a long day at work, with all of the dumbasses in pickups thinking they can drive as fast as they want in it.

• Options

madurofan:
    There is in Kentucky apparently :). One of the few places i've been to that does allow it, its so freakin nice.

Hey do they have sipping whiskey in the mini fridge too HEHEHEHE.

• Options
    dep691:

madurofan:

Hey do they have sipping whiskey in the mini fridge too HEHEHEHE.

No mini fridge, I was pissed lol, but there is some sipping whiskey in the bucket of ice lol.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Its bad here man. It looks like it snowed but its all just ice.
    Nearly as soon as I said it wasn't doing anything here, a light rain started. Not freezing yet.

Ice is pretty typical for this part of the country. We're right on that cusp between where it regularly gets cold enough to snow, and where it doesn't. We get snow about half the time, and ice about half the time.
  • Options
    Thats sucks.
  • Options
    Yea, verily.

Not only is it hell to drive on, it usually brings down power lines to some degree. Here's hoping you're not stuck in a hotel in Kentucky, drinking bourbon in the dark, and the only heat coming from your cigar.
  • Options

urbino:
    Yea, verily.

Not only is it hell to drive on, it usually brings down power lines to some degree. Here's hoping you're not stuck in a hotel in Kentucky, drinking bourbon in the dark, and the only heat coming from your cigar.

LMAO, dude that would suck. But hey, I'm sure the Hotel bar is full of colorful people, I mean people watching time.

• Options
    dep691:

urbino:
    Yea, verily.

LMAO, dude that would suck. But hey, I'm sure the Hotel bar is full of colorful people, I mean people watching time.

I'm in a very nice hotel, but no bar lol.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had a La Cuna Bin 1720, pretty disapointing cigar. Overall flat and tasteless. Burn and draw were really nice though.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothin' at all last night. father-in-law having some major problems health wise right now,without a lotta detail, brain tumor requiring surgery if his prev cancer has not returned anywhere else. still waiting on some test results. will be a few hectic,tense and stress filled days for my wife and i. two different hospitals yesterday starting at 8:00 am and we got home about 2:00 am this morning,not a lotta rest...but he's in good hands now...so we will see what happens. Gene
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    Nothin' at all last night. father-in-law having some major problems health wise right now,without a lotta detail, brain tumor requiring surgery if his prev cancer has not returned anywhere else. still waiting on some test results. will be a few hectic,tense and stress filled days for my wife and i. two different hospitals yesterday starting at 8:00 am and we got home about 2:00 am this morning,not a lotta rest...but he's in good hands now...so we will see what happens. Gene
    Gene, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope everything works out. Keep your chin up!
  • Options
    thanks buddy
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Gene, sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope everything works out. Keep your chin up!
    Good luck to your Father in law rwheelwright. Keep a positive outlook. I have been through this (brain tumor but no cancer) twice and have had successful operation both times. If it is operable, then with today proceedures and Doctors skills, these things can be beat. Keep a good thought bud.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Best wishes to you and your family, gm. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Gmill, here's to everything being fine for you and your family! Buy the old man a cigar, you know cigar smoke cures everything. :)
  • Options

madurofan:
    Gmill, here's to everything being fine for you and your family! Buy the old man a cigar, you know cigar smoke cures everything. :)

He quit smoking about 1999 but I would love to light one up with him if he would just recover he's a wonderful guy and a great father in law. Thanks to you guys who have expressed good wishes, it really means alot. I really appreciate it.

Last test results showed no major cancer showing in any of the areas they were concerned with, just a couple "hot spots" that will bear watching. We are waiting on the surgeons to let us know where they want to go with treatment (surgery) and when.

• Options
    Thats great news G. Let him know our corner of the internet is thinking of him.