Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Camacho Triple Maduro Torpedo tonight. I have been itching to have another. Got a few months rest on it. The first part was great but when I put it out and came back to, it wasn't that good.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

urbino:
    I like them very much, too (thanks, kuzi). And they're so reasonably priced, I've got a box resting.

I'm surprised by your weather. Tomorrow should be a good smoking day, here. Things have warmed up from midweek's ice storm; tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and about 50. You're at roughly the same latitude as us, so I wouldn't have expected it to be so much colder there.

Weather here in Boone is the strangest I have ever seen. The most dramatic changes in the least amount of time of anywhere I have ever been. Wicked temp changes and the wind is unreal. Snow blew sideways all day it was so windy but really none laying. Really strange to watch . Will be cold saturday.

• Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Went to a cigar bar tonight with a couple friends and smoked a La Aurora 1495 along with a glass of Macallan 15 year scotch. They also had 3 Oliva V maduros left in a box so I bought what they had left.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm so ready for a smoke right now! Not sure what I'm gonna have tonight, but after work I'm going to go eat dinner, then relax with a good smoke and a nice glass of Makers on the rocks! Mmmm... It's been WAY too long...
  • Options
    Getting ready to light up a h uppman reserve in a few minutes
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Onyx Reserve after lunch.
  • Options
    dbaileydbailey Posts: 10
    nothing, and I mean nothing (for me anyway), beats the Gurkha Centurion!! This is the most amazing smoke I have had yet. I cannot wait to light one in about 5 hours.
  • Options
    went with a Punch Rare Corojo instead of the Upmann after lunch....had to set down and relight a couple of times which took a toll on it so finish wasn't as good as I'm used to with these but still good smoke.
  • Options
    smbrink:
    Onyx Reserve after lunch.
    Mmmm... Onyx!!!! I only have one of these left and I just can't bring myself to smoke it until I have some more on hand! lol
  • Options
    I think tonight is going to be a Cask Strength II. Have a few and have yet to try them.
  • Options
    Thats one I've been wanting to try but can't ever find them where I can just pick up a couple to throw in the humi. I wish the local B&Ms around here carried them.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    perdomo ESV '91
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm about to go out and have one of the Perdomo Fresh-Rolled torpedos that just arrived from j0z3r. They're supposed to be smoked fresh, y'know.
  • Options
    Gonna have to change that plan. "The Count of Monte Cristo" is on the teevee, so naturally I'll have to smoke a Monte.
  • Options
    Ah, the Monte White. I really enjoy these. Now for some din-din, and, later, one of those Fresh-Rolleds.
  • Options

urbino:
    Ah, the Monte White. I really enjoy these. Now for some din-din, and, later, one of those Fresh-Rolleds.

'Bino I'm assuming the new humi is doin' well and up to your satisfaction?

• Options
    Yeah, I guess so. The hygros still vary more than I'd like, so I'm keeping my eye on it, but for now, I'm going to assume everything's kosher until time and experience prove otherwise.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was an Oliva Serie V maduro. I had this one under the guise of celebrating my first week at a new job, but really I've just been itching to try one. And it did not disappoint, damn fine construction, slow, even burn and great flavor. The one fault I can find is the draw, it was very tight even after a couple passes with the cutter. Still a very nice smoke and a good way to spend 90 minutes if you ask me.
  • Options
    That's one I probably won't ever try. I'm not impressed enough with the reguar V to drop the coin for the maduro.

I just had one of the Fresh-Rolleds you sent me. I think they're rather nice. A bit of grassy sweetness, a bit of cedar. Nothing complex, but sort of . . . refreshing. It could be a good springtime cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And for the price...it's a great bargain. It is a nice cigar, comes with no pretension whatsoever and delivers what it promises, a fresh rolled taste. If I had the space for it, I would consider buying a wheel, but until the day I get set up with a cabinet I'll stick with fivers.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Had a Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos. I was very disapointed because the robusto is one of my favorite cigars. This thing tasted very bad, had an almost metallic taste to it, like burning wires. I can only hope that after serious aging they might taste better. I only got about halfway through it so i think i'll just smoke a ccom label or something light.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    After tonights earlier debacle I decided to go with something that couldn't fail. I've never had a gurkha that I didn't like so I went with the Symphony. This is a good mild smoke with, of course, great construction and burn, as expected.
  • Options
    I smoked a CAO Criollo Pampa tonight. I forgot that I had this cigar. Probably had it for like 2 years. Don't remember where I got it though. I think I got it when I ordered and got a 5 pack as a freebee at somepoint. It was a nice overall smoke.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Got a R&J Romeo No. 1 for tonight. I am looking forward to it quite a bit. I have smoked a few of these before, but I wasn't paying attention to them at all. Now that I am trying to really taste my cigars, I can't wait to see what I find in this one.
  • Options
    I think it may be that I am still a newbie, but I was kinda let down by the Romeo #1. I am going to try to get a few of these and put them in the humidor for a while. Maybe after I have been smoking for a while longer I will be able to better appreciate them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Typically Romeo's are only a step above Macanudo's IMHO. THey are more of a newbie or occasional smokers cigar. At best they are a mild cigar and are mild in flavor as well. IMO your dissappointment in them shows a more refined pallate despite your inexperience.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have a buddy of mine from out of town swinging by the house for a smoke and maybe some dinner. A while back he gave me a camacho with 8+ years of age on it. I think it may be the right time to smoke it.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Typically Romeo's are only a step above Macanudo's IMHO. THey are more of a newbie or occasional smokers cigar. At best they are a mild cigar and are mild in flavor as well. IMO your dissappointment in them shows a more refined pallate despite your inexperience.
    Oh, okay. I didn't want to sound like a complete jackass, but I actually preferred the Curly Head I had yesterday to this one.
  • Options
    I actually like the curly heads. Nice and cheap, and tasty too.

I'm not smoking today. Giving my mouth a break. Not sure when I will have another. Gonna try and give it a few days if not a week.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LX2.... ill get a review up soon