Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    LFD Double Ligero chisel - pretty good stick
    photo 6EE9BD9F-7A24-4C34-8077-56E14AA34CA6-3113-000001244F2EF39E_zpsd02cd865.jpg
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    image Was going to go with a genesis . Went with a WTF I picked up at a B and M in Kansas City last December. Supposedly it was originally blended for them. So far it's ok I have not been impressed with the first inch. It's a little harsh. I almost tossed it but my fianc
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Don Pepin Garcia's personal smoke. He gifted couple of these during my visit to his farm. I wish these were avilable for purchase. I will review the second one with picture. All I can say is- it is a combo of his 10th Anniversary and La Duena cigars.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    rzaman:
    Don Pepin Garcia's personal smoke. He gifted couple of these during my visit to his farm. I wish these were avilable for purchase. I will review the second one with picture. All I can say is- it is a combo of his 10th Anniversary and La Duena cigars.
    "He" as in Don Pepin Garcia himself? Rzaman.... what next! I kinda suspect your real name may be Carlito.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Rhamlin:
    Since the wife is still out doing who knows what, I figured what the heck and fired up my first Genisis.image
    I smoked one myself tonight, I love them. They're my go to whenever I can't decide. Let me know what you think.
    Very good smoke, can't wait to see what a little age will do for them.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    rzaman:
    "He" as in Don Pepin Garcia himself? Rzaman.... what next! I kinda suspect your real name may be Carlito.
    you need to check out his thread on Cuba.......great pics and wonderful stories.
    Thanks Brian. I need to add more info to the Cuba thread. I am almost close to write up one about Pinar del Rio and Don Alejandro Robina's finca. I was lucky to met legendary Ballerina Alicia Alnfonco during my trip to Robina's farm. I will post some pictures.
    brianetz1:
    AVJim:
    rzaman:
    you need to check out his thread on Cuba.......great pics and wonderful stories.
    Thanks Jim. I will add more info and pictures about Don Pepin's farm in my Diary from Nicaragua thread.
    AVJim:
    rzaman:
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    rzaman:
    Thanks Brian. I need to add more info to the Cuba thread. I am almost close to write up one about Pinar del Rio and Don Alejandro Robina's finca. I was lucky to met legendary Ballerina Alicia Alnfonco during my trip to Robina's farm. I will post some pictures.
    brianetz1:
    AVJim:
    rzaman:
    A highlight to my cigar smoking/collecting hobby is visiting a new B&M.... I would love to see photos and hear the stories! Please post!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    rzaman:
    no...he's the Dos Equis guy
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Undoubtedly my all time favorite Oliva!
    Yeah dude...it's gonna get a pancake review with the MBII. Awesome smoke
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Decided to fire up my 3rd and (hopefully not) last Johnny o since i had such a shoddy day.

image[/URL]
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Had a Cuenca y Blanco-Robusto last night. The flavors were very one note which I think is a little weird for Mr. Blanco. This leads me to believe it needs a little more rest in the humidor and and soem time for the flavors of the leaf to blend a little more. But what do I know?
    taythegibs:
    Decided to fire up my 3rd and (hopefully not) last Johnny o since i had such a shoddy day.

image[/URL]
    Is that a cast or do you just dig wild socks.
    Kicking back with a Beastimage
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    taythegibs:

image[/URL]
    Is that a cast or do you just dig wild socks.
    LOL!!!! Someone dug into the ugly sock drawer.

Smoking a Frank Herrera Biography.... phenominal smoke
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    One of Alec Bradley's best, tied with the Tempus for my second favorite cigar from them, just behind the Pryme.

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 vegas classic , good cigar with a nice price!

Bombay:
    Had a Cuenca y Blanco-Robusto last night. The flavors were very one note which I think is a little weird for Mr. Blanco. This leads me to believe it needs a little more rest in the humidor and and soem time for the flavors of the leaf to blend a little more. But what do I know?
    i had a similar experience. I'm letting the next one sit a while to see if it changes.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    At BnM enjoying a Pinolero......and espresso flavored vodka..;)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image H. Upmann Corona Major.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Having an Emilio AF1 Robusto from BigShizza in a welcoming blast. Very nice, Jim. Ruined me for yard sticks!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Now smoking Padron 64 Maddy as referred by Roomie aka Snoobie aka Jiunn
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    Padron FR 85th Maduro. I enjoy natural more than Maduro.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    i had a similar experience. I'm letting the next one sit a while to see if it changes.
    Good to know I wasn't the only one as the reviews I have been reading are saying otherwise.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Liga Privada Undercrown corona viva for me tonight
    Bombay:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    Good to know I wasn't the only one as the reviews I have been reading are saying otherwise.
    Yeah man, it's a consensus hit with reviewers. Justin sent me a couple, so I figured I'd let one rest. I didn't dislike it, but it seemed confused as to whether the blend was Nica or DC. Age may marry the filler, but I think they are not a good match ROTT. I will reserve judgement though until it sits, as I have seen many cigars improve drastically after 6 months.
    The reason is, it has significant amount of Dominican as well as Nicaraguan tobaccos. I witnessed the development if this blend with Jose Blanco. there is also tobacco from one more country the blender and the company do not want to reveal. I don't think it will develop a lot with aging. I think it is a good cigar but not phenomenal. Jose had a lot of pressure to finalize the blend. I can't blame him for not being able to make something like 100 Anos. The commercial pressure is a bad thing. now a days we also see Davidoff is having the same issue.
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    Yeah man, it's a consensus hit with reviewers. Justin sent me a couple, so I figured I'd let one rest. I didn't dislike it, but it seemed confused as to whether the blend was Nica or DC. Age may marry the filler, but I think they are not a good match ROTT. I will reserve judgement though until it sits, as I have seen many cigars improve drastically after 6 months.