Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Gray4lines:
    Rhamlin:
    taythegibs:
    Decided to fire up my 3rd and (hopefully not) last Johnny o since i had such a shoddy day.

image[/URL]
    Is that a cast or do you just dig wild socks.
    LOL!!!! Someone dug into the ugly sock drawer.

Smoking a Frank Herrera Biography.... phenominal smoke
    they are the socks that are part of the "pirate costume" i wear to work at disney.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Oliva V lancero tonight.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    1st smoke tonight

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Stsepas:
    1st smoke tonight

What is that second one?
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    It's a 7-20-4 in there 1874 line. This is a 6x60, and not yet released yet. The owner of the B&M I go to owns this line. The 7-20-4 was made in Manchester NH for many years. The original owner passed away, and Kurt Kendall bought the trademark and started the line back up a few years back.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    rzaman:
    The reason is, it has significant amount of Dominican as well as Nicaraguan tobaccos. I witnessed the development if this blend with Jose Blanco. there is also tobacco from one more country the blender and the company do not want to reveal. I don't think it will develop a lot with aging. I think it is a good cigar but not phenomenal. Jose had a lot of pressure to finalize the blend. I can't blame him for not being able to make something like 100 Anos. The commercial pressure is a bad thing. now a days we also see Davidoff is having the same issue.
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bombay:
    Had a Cuenca y Blanco-Robusto last night. The flavors were very one note which I think is a little weird for Mr. Blanco. This leads me to believe it needs a little more rest in the humidor and and soem time for the flavors of the leaf to blend a little more. But what do I know?
    i had a similar experience. I'm letting the next one sit a while to see if it changes.
    Good to know I wasn't the only one as the reviews I have been reading are saying otherwise.
    Yeah man, it's a consensus hit with reviewers. Justin sent me a couple, so I figured I'd let one rest. I didn't dislike it, but it seemed confused as to whether the blend was Nica or DC. Age may marry the filler, but I think they are not a good match ROTT. I will reserve judgement though until it sits, as I have seen many cigars improve drastically after 6 months.
    Look at Rip just stroll on through with much SWAG and drop insider knowledge on folks. Thanks Rip for the insight. I am interested to see how the Lancero release is taken by the market. With the Lancero whores around this place it will be tough to get those.HA!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    my first Gurkha....not bad so far. Why do you guys hate gurkha?

photo B7D2AFCD-A0C1-4463-AC48-FAB8A44692D7-5909-0000028A1E43440E_zps13595c35.jpg
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Brian, what size is that.....8X80?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummy.... image Box worthy...if only I was employed.....
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    no 6.5 x 52 torpedo.....so I guess it smokes like a 6
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Presando... Nice cigar !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    image Going to be a good night. One of my favorite cigars and favorite budget wines.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    no 6.5 x 52 torpedo.....so I guess it smokes like a 6
    I really enjoy the Beast when I can get them to burn right.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First one, (thanks jgibv!). I had a viaje last night, and this is verrry comparable. Nice amount of spice with a sweet, woody, pepper flavor. Draw is actually better than the Viaje! image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First mojito of the season and a PSD4 from Mr. Catfish Dustin that's been in the humi about 1 yr. Great, smooth smoke. Thanks man, real good cigar.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    I'm going to smoke a Man O' War Ruination thanks to JHewey. Thank you, sir! :)
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Trying something new, an Aging Room Quattro by Oliveros. Nice mellow Sumatran wrapper.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having this and I must say I am digging it!image
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje Miami, Reserva J21, Habano, 5 X 50
    A fantastic smoke in every sense of the word.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    With all the buzz on the forum about this cigar, I had to try the one BDR sent me.image
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a DPG Cuban Classic tonight
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Here I should have posted pictures lol. Thanks again JHewey! This cigar was outstanding! imageimage
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r & j viejo E
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    With all the buzz on the forum about this cigar, I had to try the one BDR sent me.image
    and?