Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    Beautiful weather down here in New Orleans :).
    it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit when I left the house today
    It's not lookin' too bad for the rest of the week, 50s and 60s...I'm sure Ohio has other plans though...
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Had an RP Fusion for breakfast today. It had a couple of burn issues, as have all Fusions I've smoked..I only smoked it because it's named after my favorite, most awesome, excellent, razor blade made by Gillette....man that five bladed razor is the S.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The big brown truck brought my box of 5 Vegas Relics today so I had to light one up right away. They've got another winner here... hearty, flavorful, and lots of smoke. Pretty cool box, too. These are gonna be really hard to share.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    cheyman:
    Had an RP Fusion for breakfast today. It had a couple of burn issues, as have all Fusions I've smoked..I only smoked it because it's named after my favorite, most awesome, excellent, razor blade made by Gillette....man that five bladed razor is the S.
    Hm. I've never had a burn issue with the Fusion -- but I've only smoked the Double Maduros. Well, actually, I think I smoked a regular Fusion sometime last summer, but I don't remember anything about it.

You like those 5-bladed ones? I tried 'em and went back to the 3-blade. The blades in the 5er just weren't stiff enough; it felt like they were pulling my whiskers out, rather than cutting them off.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    The big brown truck brought my box of 5 Vegas Relics today so I had to light one up right away. They've got another winner here... hearty, flavorful, and lots of smoke. Pretty cool box, too. These are gonna be really hard to share.
    I was wondering about those. I love the Gold, Miami, Classic, and A, so I imagine I would dig the relic as well. I had a Miami this morning, what a great way to start the day.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:
    I was wondering about those. I love the Gold, Miami, Classic, and A, so I imagine I would dig the relic as well. I had a Miami this morning, what a great way to start the day.
    The Relic is totally worth looking into. I'd say it is easily the most interesting 5 Vegas I've had...and I've had them all save for the original Cask Strength.

Today I had an Oliva Special S robusto. I'm really liking this cigar, great flavor with a respectable strength, I'd say it is about equal in strength to the Serie V but a bit more smooth. Darn tasty.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    It seems the relics are at a premium right now. I also have been wanting to check those out.

I had a Padilla 68 earlier and it was so tight - couldn't get it to draw - and when i did get it going, I had to be such a sucker for the smoke - it was bitter. I really like the Miami, and even the Habano - but the 68 just didn't get. I chucked it with about 1/3 left. That's tough for me. Fired up a special G, and it was very good.

I am having a 601 red Habano at the moment and it's pretty decent...

I had a Tat Miami yesterday - that was terrific... nuff said
  • Options
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony, and subsequently added another stick to my favorites list.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Finished off the day with a DPG JJ Maduro robusto.

Alien, if you like the other 5 Vegas, the Relic will knock your socks off. A box purchase will not be a mistake if you can find them. Unfortunately I don't believe our forum host carries them as yet.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony, and subsequently added another stick to my favorites list.
    hey alien, I don't hear much talk about the symphony around here, but that is one of my new favorites too. Everything about it is top notch. Damn thing is mighty tasty for a low price. I need to, as jozer says, go on a hunt.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Awww, yeah. Had myself a La Cuna 85 toro, this evening. The burn on this one was just a tad off, but it kept self-correcting. And the flavor. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
  • Options
    Zoom-
    Right on, I need to get my hands on a few of them. The local B&M's around here don't have much of a selection, and the only place I can find them online has them listed as on backorder. I'll keep my eyes on em though, as soon as they are in stock I will definately get a few.

Kas-
    Yeah, I love it. I caught a special on them a little over a week ago. The one I smoked tonight has been in the humi for like a week and it was great. They are definately one of the best mild cigars I had had yet, and so much flavor for a mild at that. Awesome, awesome stick. It is a toss up between them and the Legend for my favorite Gurkha.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a DPG JJ last night. It was pretty tasty. I had to put it down when I got to the gig and picked it back up on the way home. Not as good on the second light and I got some tar. It was a torpedo and a fairly easy draw so I was surprised to see any tar. I cut a little more of the end off and I ended up cracking the whole wrapper. Only had about 1 1/2 - 2 inches left so I didn't feel bad.
  • Options
    Just got done with a CAO MX2. I have to admit I was a little stand-offish about this cigar. I didn't really care for the CAO VR and I was afraid it was going to be alot like it. But I was wrong, man this is a good stick. It is my favorite Maduro now, I like it more than the Onyx or 5 Vegas A. Awesome reccomendation Maddy, thank you so much for turning me on to this cigar.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't had anything the past couple nights but I did smoke a couple on Sunday. First one I smoked was a Royal Brigade courtesy of the great Duty. And he is pretty great for hooking me up with a couple of these! Awesome smoke! Great flavor all the way through! The wrapper on it started to come apart about half way through but I was able to hold onto it and finish it. After that I had my first 601. It was the Gree Ocuro and WOW! That was a great smoke! It had one of the strongest cedar flavors of any cigar I've ever had. Anyone else experience that with this one?
  • Options
    I had an Ancient Warrior...nothing special. Burned very good, but was just a little to tight of a draw for my liking.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Alien

Hey - don't know if you are interested, but I have a couple of MX2's and just don't like them. Let me know if you want to make a trade and we can figure something out.

• Options
    Sdip- PM sent.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Wow, MX2 is one of my favs. Sorry you didn't like it. Today I had a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver. This is probably my favorite cigar.
  • Options
    I have never tried the silver, but the gold is definately one of my favorites. Have you had the gold before Shawn? Is it similar to the silver?

I just finished a La Vieja Habana Corojo. I had one of the Connecticuts about a week ago and was really unimpressed, but the Corojo was much better. Not on my favorites list, but for less than $2 a stick, not bad at all.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    I've never tried the gold, but I have one in the humidor. Box pressed (does the gold only come box pressed?) I'll try it this weekend. I might like the Silver so much because it was the first cigar I ever smoked. I just love it.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cheyman:
    I had an Ancient Warrior...nothing special. Burned very good, but was just a little to tight of a draw for my liking.
    really, well that's a bummer. what taste did the thing have? I'm really on the fence about ordering a 5er.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    cheyman:
    really, well that's a bummer. what taste did the thing have? I'm really on the fence about ordering a 5er.
    It had an occasional hint of coffee which was nice, but halfway thru it completely changed to a very strong taste and an unpleasant aftertaste which only lasted for a few minutes. It wasted as creamy as I hoped...def not my favorite Brazilian wrapper.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Burning an El Mejor Espresso at the moment... This is one of those that tricks you into thinking it's gonna be strong and spicy with it's dark dark maduro wrapper and then curls up to you purrrrrring like a kitten...

This is the first one of these I've broken out... Have had 6 of 'em resting in the humi a while waiting for the right moment... I gotta say, I'm liking this little gem...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cheyman:
    phobicsquirrel:
    cheyman:
    It had an occasional hint of coffee which was nice, but halfway thru it completely changed to a very strong taste and an unpleasant aftertaste which only lasted for a few minutes. It wasted as creamy as I hoped...def not my favorite Brazilian wrapper.
    Thats a bummer chey ...I've only had one but it was pretty darn good , maybe a second try is in order? Nothing for me tonight ...saving up for the weekend
  • Options
    Why can i not get a line break? what the heck
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:
    You have to buy them like vowels in Wheel of Fortune...

Or, you could just copy this little bit of magic into your next post:

<br>
  • Options
    dutyje:
    gmill880:
    You have to buy them like vowels in Wheel of Fortune...

Or, you could just copy this little bit of magic into your next post:

<br>
    Test
    test
  • Options
    Thanks Dutyster
    I
    apprciate
    that
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263