Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    smbrink:
    Just lit up a Punch. Ive heard great things, but Ive already got a crazy tight draw...I guess we'll see how it turns out.
    Which Punch?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Long time, no see, Tumbler. Good to see you back. Yeah, we've had a bout of winter, the last couple of days. Very weird for this late in the season.

Which ones, Joe?
    Heh, I thought you were making mention of the Padillas, those ones.
    Oh. No, I was talking about your El Cobre and ISOMs and whatnot. But, yeah, the Padillas, too. And no, I haven't smoked any of the ones you sent me, yet. But yes, I plan to as soon as they've rested up good.
  • Options
    Your grandfather sounds like a fine (but colorful) old gentleman to be around, maddy.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Your grandfather sounds like a fine (but colorful) old gentleman to be around, maddy.
    He is that. The wife and I were talking about our grandparents lives. That generation just did things and had experiences that are uncomparable to today's generations. My wife's grandmother was the first female sportswriter at University of Michigan. My Grandfather had polio and not only survived but miraculously was cured and walks and has made it to 75 as a very healthy man. All of our grandparents have unbelievable stories of survival during the depression. Just things that are almost unbelievable to our generation.

And then there is the moonshine. It was how that side of my family survived the depression. Seriously Google Percy Flowers sometime, I have so many stories about that man.

Another interesting tidbit about that side of the family. If you've ever seen Kerr Drug Stores, thats my uncle or was, Banks Kerr. He married my grandfather's sister and bought the little drug store he worked and turned it into an empire. His family now owns malls around Raleigh-Durham and for a while owned Carolina Pottery. My grandparents used to help them rool stamps up to put into the stamp machines that used to be around town to earn the money he needed to buy that first store.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    madurofan:
    smbrink:
    Just lit up a Punch. Ive heard great things, but Ive already got a crazy tight draw...I guess we'll see how it turns out.
    Which Punch?
    Its a Lonsdale
  • Options
    So a regular punch? Just seeing if it was a Gran Puro or Champion(my fave).
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    gmill880:
    I thought maybe you were maybe close to caldwell/catawba co area....oh well ....hope everything went ok on getting the truck fixed.
    Do you live out that way?

Yea me too. I dropped it there and should know something soon.

Yea ...I live in Caldwell Co. just outside of Catawba Co and very close to Hickory,NC

Damn. We'll have to do a VA, NC herf sometime there are a few of us from 'round these parts.

Yea that would be great...we could get NC, TENN,VA,GA and OH possibly represented for a good time herf somewhere ....that would be a good time I'm sure

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Fonseca Habana Selecci
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    urbino:
    Padilla does make some mighty fine smokes. That '68 is one of my faves.

You're my cigar hero, Joe. I swear, you've got at least one of every cigar made.

What's going on down there Urbi - it's below freezing in Memphis tonight! It's 68 here in Chicago - oh wait - I'm inside...
    I was about to say, I've been in Chicago (area) all day long and it never got out of the twentys all day.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I'm having a ... uh.... I dunno... It's a locally rolled no-name that I won in a contest a while back... can't for the life of me remember where it came from... It's not a "great" one, but it's not too shabby either...
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I'm gonna have a Padron 6000 natural, just five left from the box, need to order another box of these.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Padilla Signature 1948 churchill. Damn fine cigar, one I'm glad to have in the humidor.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a Serie V Double Robusto with about 8 months rest...really smoothed out. I may have cut too much off the cap, the draw was almost loose for me, but burned flawlessly and was still the toasty nutty sensation I love about this cigar.
  • Options
    That's my favorite size so far Brandon...I just love how it combines the flavor with a good deal of strength in perfect balance. I can't wait to get 9-12 months on mine...hopefully they'll last that long.
  • Options
    I agree with the flavor vs strength balance. Great experience every time with it. I had a belicoso the other day and it wasn't bad either, but something about the double robusto that allows the body to be there more appropriately in my taste.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a El Mejor Emerald earlier. I was really suprised at how much I liked it. It is definately a mild smoke, but had great flavor and burned really well. I just got finished with a Cuba Libre, and while I won't be buying any in the future, it wasn't a bad smoke, just kinda plain.
  • Options
    Just finished my morning smoke, a Rocky Patel Connecticut. It was a really nice, mellow smoke and went great with a glass of green tea. Definately one of my favorite mild sticks now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished my morning smoke, a Rocky Patel Connecticut. It was a really nice, mellow smoke and went great with a glass of green tea. Definately one of my favorite mild sticks now.
    I wish I had the time in the morning.. I just can't get up that early..
  • Options
    Yeah, I normally wouldn't, but we don't have PT yet, so we don't have to be in until 9 o'clock. I just got done with a Gurkha Black Puro courtesy of Jo. Very good stick, nice burn and draw and great taste. Thanks again Jo, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've posted this same story many times.. Today was a Bauza by Fuentes Torpedo. This one has been with me for almost a year. And the age really showed on this one ( in a good way) Everything about it was perfect to me. A very fine cigar.
  • Options
    Glad you liked the Black Puro Tony...I was a bit unimpressed with it when I tried one...I'll have to give it another shot one of these days.
  • Options
    Yeah man, I definately liked it better than the Fuerte, but then again I only have had one of each. I have two Fuerte's in the humi right now, I need to get another of those Black Puros and do a back-to-back smoking to compare 'em, lol.
  • Options
    Looking forward to some milder temps toward the weekend. Lit up one of my favs today at work but had to leave it outside for about an hour....damn the cold will wreck a cigar, especially wind chills in the teens.
  • Options
    Those temps are supposed to get here tomorrow, gm, and I'm waaaay looking forward to them. I'll be in fine fettle.
  • Options

urbino:
    Those temps are supposed to get here tomorrow, gm, and I'm waaaay looking forward to them. I'll be in fine fettle.

As will I , my friend , as will I

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah man, I definately liked it better than the Fuerte, but then again I only have had one of each. I have two Fuerte's in the humi right now, I need to get another of those Black Puros and do a back-to-back smoking to compare 'em, lol.
    hmm, the fuerte is a little mild. I have several of the BP so I'll have to give one a shot this week. I had a padron 64 #2, that guy kicked my butt, must have smoked it too fast. I thought it was okay, but it went out on me twice maybe the light wasn't the best the 1st time around but the 2nd time I just don't know. I do like the 26 more though.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    gmill880:

urbino:

As will I , my friend , as will I

Same here, I'm planning on lighting up my Graycliff.
  • Options
    Beautiful weather down here in New Orleans :).
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Beautiful weather down here in New Orleans :).
    it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit when I left the house today
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Gurkha Legend Torpedo last night. This thing was so tasty but strong. I has been aging for at least 3 months, maybe longer. I'm not sure. When I had dinner, I could still taste the distinct taste I got from the cigar. Yummy Yummy. Didn't get to finish it. Had maybe 2 inches left but it was late and I had to get to bed.