Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    No PTFTW for you...not with that. :)

Tonight was an Alec Bradley Tempus robusto. Wow, color me impressed. I've not had many Alec Bradley cigars, but the ones I have had left me unimpressed...not bad cigars, just not particularly noteworthy. This one was a great exception, very flavorful with a full bodied strength. And what's even better is that I have three other sizes to try out...woo-hoo.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    ShawnJ:
    I've never tried the gold, but I have one in the humidor. Box pressed (does the gold only come box pressed?) I'll try it this weekend. I might like the Silver so much because it was the first cigar I ever smoked. I just love it.
    As far as I know, yeah, they are all box-pressed. I am in the same boat, the Exodus Gold was the first really good cigar I ever smoked. I have been debating on picking up a 5er of the Silver, I really dig all the other Toranos I have had.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    No PTFTW for you...not with that. :)

Tonight was an Alec Bradley Tempus robusto. Wow, color me impressed. I've not had many Alec Bradley cigars, but the ones I have had left me unimpressed...not bad cigars, just not particularly noteworthy. This one was a great exception, very flavorful with a full bodied strength. And what's even better is that I have three other sizes to try out...woo-hoo.
    join the club, I had one not too long ago and I enjoyed it. I'm thinking about getting a couple more to see if it's worth a box purchase.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Thanks Dutyster
    I
    apprciate
    that
    I think some sort of fee is in order...? duty?
  • Options
    rusirius:
    Burning an El Mejor Espresso at the moment... This is one of those that tricks you into thinking it's gonna be strong and spicy with it's dark dark maduro wrapper and then curls up to you purrrrrring like a kitten...

This is the first one of these I've broken out... Have had 6 of 'em resting in the humi a while waiting for the right moment... I gotta say, I'm liking this little gem...
    Awesome news. I loved the Emeralds, so I ordered a sampler with 3 Emeralds and 3 Espressos. I was hoping they would be good, now I can't wait to try one.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Well, Alien, I just smoked the Emerald you sent me. (Couldn't find the other one I had.) Pretty damn tasty. Had a nice chocolaty sweetness to it. I think you're going to enjoy them.
  • Options
    Yeah, the Emeralds are great, aren't they? I can't wait to get ahold of one of the Espressos. It is gonna be real hard to let it sit in the humi for any time. Oh well, I have three coming, so I guess two can age for a while, lol.
  • Options
    Just finished off a Nub cammie from the sampler pack. I liked the conny as well but this was definitely more to my taste.
  • Options
    The cammie was my favorite of the three, Okie. And welcome.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the espresso is a pretty good smoke. i havent had one in quite a while. I should change that.
  • Options
    And I finished with a Montecristo Serie C robusto. It started well, then the flavor went a bit off. Seemed like maybe an age thing; I haven't had these very long. I've got 4 more, so I'll let 'em rest some more and hope for the best. If they don't improve, these will be the first Monte I've had that I didn't like.
  • Options
    sspl01sspl01 Posts: 11
    Hi,
        The smoking should not be done in access. It effects the person a lot.

Joe
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    Ok, what is this? Just some random crap to throw out that really doesn't make any sense? Seriously... I believe the word you were looking for was excess... At least that would make sense. WTF?
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Finally got to smoke my Graycliff 1666 yesterday...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    Thanks Dutyster
    I
    apprciate
    that
    I think some sort of fee is in order...? duty?
    Between that and the recipe for Typhoons, he's really piling up quite a tab :)
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    I think he is referring to Duty using so many spreadsheets in stead on an access database? I could be wrong.
  • Options
    cheyman:
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    I think he is referring to Duty using so many spreadsheets in stead on an access database? I could be wrong.
    He only has 4 posts and NONE of them make any sense though... The one he posted in the Habano Tasting thread was as bad if not worse...
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    cheyman:
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    That's what I thought.... good thing I don't use Access
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Just got done my a Cohiba Red Dot, and I'm thinking a Carlos Torano Silver for tonight.

Temps in the 60's and higher for the next 4 days...gonna be a damn good cigar weekend.
  • Options
    I'll be starting a four day weekend at around 4:30 this afternoon and the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's for the week so I will doing some serious smoking! haha Planning on having an ISOM Cohiba tomorrow with a buddy of mine who will be having an ISOM Monte. Not sure what else but we are planning on having a Herf-a-thon tomorrow starting with those and who knows where it will go from there! haha
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    I'll be starting a four day weekend at around 4:30 this afternoon and the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's for the week so I will doing some serious smoking! haha Planning on having an ISOM Cohiba tomorrow with a buddy of mine who will be having an ISOM Monte. Not sure what else but we are planning on having a Herf-a-thon tomorrow starting with those and who knows where it will go from there! haha

sOUNDS like a great time Puro-unwind and relax-those sound like some good smokes, please let us know how you like them ...
  • Options
    Just finished my first Sol Cabano Cuban Cabinet---Wow what a great smoke, even after having to set it down a couple of times it was good. Really enjoyed the flavor, have 3 more resting , I just don't know how long I can let these set.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Just finished my first Sol Cabano Cuban Cabinet---Wow what a great smoke, even after having to set it down a couple of times it was good. Really enjoyed the flavor, have 3 more resting , I just don't know how long I can let these set.
    The Cuban Cab is a great smoke! That is one I will always be keeping on hand! I think I have 5 or 6 left. Awesome smoke!
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    Finally got to smoke my Graycliff 1666 yesterday...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    That is one of my favorite sticks as well.

I just got done with a Montecristo Media Noche. At first I was a little unimpressed, tasted very similar to the other Monte's I have had. Then almost exactly at the halfway point it really picked up and turned into a very nice smoke. Not a huge fan of them, but they are definately my favorite Monte so far.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I went home for lunch today and got an Acid. I have been craving one. They are an OK smoke. Not great. Plus I knew that by the time I got back to work I would only be about half done with it and won't feel bad if I have to put it down and then pick it back up and it sucks. I can throw it away and not really care. Not like it was a Shaggy or Hemingway. Then I would be upset!
  • Options
    OK---Was getting ready to light up my second smoke of the day , a Nub Cammie and really looking forward to it. I cut the end of the torp and guess what. Theres about a one inch long piece of what looks like red nylon fiber string !!! I will try to get a picture of this up on the forum tonight when I get home.....it is in there tight to, will not pull out by fingers ....I'm sure I could get a pair of pliers and pull it out but now i'm not sure what to do with it. I could take it back to the shop I got it from but I would think the guys that make these (Oliva) would WANT to know about something like that . Opinions and has anyone ever encountered anything like that before???
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    OK---Was getting ready to light up my second smoke of the day , a Nub Cammie and really looking forward to it. I cut the end of the torp and guess what. Theres about a one inch long piece of what looks like red nylon fiber string !!! I will try to get a picture of this up on the forum tonight when I get home.....it is in there tight to, will not pull out by fingers ....I'm sure I could get a pair of pliers and pull it out but now i'm not sure what to do with it. I could take it back to the shop I got it from but I would think the guys that make these (Oliva) would WANT to know about something like that . Opinions and has anyone ever encountered anything like that before???
    I saw something similar to this once on a website (maybe here) but I have never experienced it in person.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    It's a beautiful 65 degrees outside and I'm enjoying a Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Today I had a Onyx Reserve and boy was it good. It was sweet with just a little spice on the back of my throat. But hte kicker was the smoke that was like velvet coating my tounge. I will be getting more of these.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gurkha centurian....had probably the most perfect burn and draw of any cigar I've had...tasted great too.