Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    BBQ with a bunch of guys down in San Diego and a Punch afterwards, can't get much better.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008. First try with this one that I've had since getting it in a COTM package in December. This was a slow burning cigar with a tight draw, the ash was one that didn't hold on very well, but the taste the Corojo wrapper provided was the real pay off here. There was a unique sweet taste and peppery mixture which kept me interested throughout this cigar. Another 5 Vegas success.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Here should be the real pictures of the Nub imageimageimage IMG]http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/GMILL880/cigarstring003.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    Hey G.. Did you smoke that cigar after you pulled the string. How the hell did that get out of the factory? Very strange. It looks like a nylon fiber, maybe from the rope used to bundle the tobacco. Either that or dental floss ( yuck)
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I believe that is a Nicaraguan Tampon.

I could be wrong. I'll have to check with the fem-care division of my company though.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    cheyman:

I could be wrong. I'll have to check with the fem-care division of my company though.
    WP thought this was funny and disgusting :)

You must have inadvertently gotten one of the custom-made cigars intended for Bill Clinton's private "box" ... hehehe.. I said "box"
  • Options
    I had a Nub Habano Torpedo out on the deck with a friend in the warmer weather. Great flavor (although not nearly as full-flavored as the cammy). This basturd just wouldn't burn even (which is a problem for a Nub). I've got a few more Habanos on hand in different sizes, and I will look forward to having them as a solid cigar. I haven't tried the Connecticut yet, but that will probably be next.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I had a Nub Habano Torpedo out on the deck with a friend in the warmer weather. Great flavor (although not nearly as full-flavored as the cammy). This basturd just wouldn't burn even (which is a problem for a Nub). I've got a few more Habanos on hand in different sizes, and I will look forward to having them as a solid cigar. I haven't tried the Connecticut yet, but that will probably be next.
    Be sure to check for beetles and strings first.
  • Options
    So gmill, the question is still out there -- did you eat the worm?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey G.. Did you smoke that cigar after you pulled the string. How the hell did that get out of the factory? Very strange. It looks like a nylon fiber, maybe from the rope used to bundle the tobacco. Either that or dental floss ( yuck)

I didn't know whether to smoke it or light the fuse and throw it! It is indeed a nylon feeling 'string" of some sort. It won't pull out by just pulling on it which leads me to believe it goes a long ways up in there. The piece hanging out is about one inch long. I'm not sure if I should pull it out,take it back to the b&m for a new one or contact Oliva. I'm torn between cutting it open to see how long or what else is in there or just getting a new one and never knowing ......I have a idea which way i'm leaning though .....
  • Options
    Smoke it and let me know what you think .. I'm sitting on almost 200 meters of nylon rope, plus another 100 meters of various nylon cordage. If that's good, I may branch out into smoking some dyneema/spectra and other new-fangled synthetics. You may have just discovered my way around this new tabacco tax :)

well, we got up the mountain OK, so we decided to celebrate by smoking our rope. That's how we got stuck. We had nothing left for the rappel.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    cheyman:

You must have inadvertently gotten one of the custom-made cigars intended for Bill Clinton's private "box" ... hehehe.. I said "box"

Glad to be of entertainment value tonight guys ...maybe these are Brother Bills private label cigars with the bult in dental floss ...hhmmmm
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Smoke it and let me know what you think .. I'm sitting on almost 200 meters of nylon rope, plus another 100 meters of various nylon cordage. If that's good, I may branch out into smoking some dyneema/spectra and other new-fangled synthetics. You may have just discovered my way around this new tabacco tax :)

well, we got up the mountain OK, so we decided to celebrate by smoking our rope. That's how we got stuck. We had nothing left for the rappel.

lot 'o people end thier day "smoking rope" Duty ...or maybe this is the new Nub Nylon and we missed the promo....
  • Options
    Oh BTW have not smoked it and it was a Nub Conn not a Nub Cammie as I first stated ....I was so excited over my new found toy I forgot what the he-ll I was smoking ...hahaha
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    gmill880:
    I didn't know whether to smoke it or light the fuse and throw it!
    Heh. That's dang weird, gm. I'd take it back, then make them cut it open while you're there so you can see what it is.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    dutyje:
    cheyman:

Glad to be of entertainment value tonight guys ...maybe these are Brother Bills private label cigars with the bult in dental floss ...hhmmmm
    I guess he isn't using Monica's pubes as dental floss anymore.
  • Options
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    Heh. That's dang weird, gm. I'd take it back, then make them cut it open while you're there so you can see what it is.

that way , a new cigar and the mystery solved ....maybe...interesting to see what if anything thats attached to or if its just nylon string of some sort...
  • Options
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    I would bring that tainted cigar back to "Smokes-R-Us" and get a new one. I am pretty sure the shop owner will cut it open to see what is at the other end of that cord, and gladly replace it.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    I would bring that tainted cigar back to "Smokes-R-Us" and get a new one. I am pretty sure the shop owner will cut it open to see what is at the other end of that cord, and gladly replace it.

i will let you know how it turns out
  • Options
    Please do. That's just odd as can be.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Hey Duty, now is your chance.. Check out the one day deal for Saturday. 5 Nub Connecticut 460 for 14.95 Not the greatest deal in cigar history, but still worth the low price.
  • Options
    Just polished off a Padron 1926. I swear, if I were filthy rich and didn't lose my ass on the stock market or to Bernie Madoff, I'd smoke these every damn day.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from a buddys house, we had a cookout. Started off with e Gurkah Regent for me, Royal Brigade, Symphony, CI Legends Cusano, Acid Kuba Kuba for myu buddies. I then had an Isla Del Sol, and then later an Onyx Reserve. I am pretty tossed right now because we drank (between 4 of us) a fifth of Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker Black Label, and captain Morgan Private stcok. Feeling pretty good, gonna go to sleep now. Take it easy yall.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Hey Duty, now is your chance.. Check out the one day deal for Saturday. 5 Nub Connecticut 460 for 14.95 Not the greatest deal in cigar history, but still worth the low price.
    I've got 2 Connecticut in the humi right now. I picked up the sampler when they had it for $15 at checkout. That torpedo was the first out of that sampler I've smoked.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Please do. That's just odd as can be.

maybe thats their new slogan "smoke on a rope"
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Got to smoke my second Nub yesterday. Still not impressed, seriuos burn issues. So I put it out, pulled out a 5Vegas A. Much better, made my friday much better. I think I will just put my Nubs in the aging humi and let them ride for a while.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    Got to smoke my second Nub yesterday. Still not impressed, seriuos burn issues. So I put it out, pulled out a 5Vegas A. Much better, made my friday much better. I think I will just put my Nubs in the aging humi and let them ride for a while.

hope you didn't have the same thing in yours i had in mine!
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    thats just crazy, i might have called the factory on that one
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Whats up everyone.Been lurking for a while and its time for my first post.
    Smoked a Macaundo maduro chrchill and hated it ha ha.Not much flavor and just not very good.Followed that up  with the Ancient Warrior churchill which I alwasy enjoy.Rich and smooth with hints of coffe and a nice leathery taste/smell.Any suggestions on rich cigars that are smooth without any pepper.