Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    And having finished it, I'm now enjoying a Padilla 68 torpedo and some Rock Hill Farms.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I had my first Opus X super belicosa earlier and it was damn good. Smoother than I thought it would be - with a really unique flavor. Having an Oliva G tonight and it still was really good even after the Opus.

I had a padilla 68 in the humi and tried it last night. Was underwhelmed... Just didn't cut the the musterd like I thought it would
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Just smoked up a Gurkha Double Maduro, really good cigar, but the draw on it was ridiculous. Still enjoyed it though. And one of the guys smoking with me had a CAO Brazilla that I took a few puffs of, pretty sure that I'm going to finally bust out the Brazilla that has been living in my humi.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had most of a Legend Anniversario last night. I didn't get to finish it because a friend came over. I got a little rat buildup but I think that was because the draw was a little too tight and I was slobbering all over it. I cut it twice before the tar and once after. The third cut was much better. Personally, I like the Legend better in the Torpedo. Much more flavor and more intense. I have have to get more. I have some Legends aging from last year but I don't think anymore are torpedos.
  • Options
    I'm having a Hemingway Classic and a Yuengling. I tend to favor perfectos and figurados when the sun is still high. It's too hard for me to tell if I've lit evenly with a more typical vitola. Anybody else find that to be true?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had my first La Aurora 1495 today....Man o man I loved it ...what flavor...I have a La Aurora 1495/1994 resting compliments of Jo3zr (thanks buddy)...I was so impressed with this 1495 If the wife and I finish up some things we are doing this evening early enough I may just fire it up. One thing though I got a major buzz from it even though I had eaten a decent lunch....If I understand correctly the 1495/1994 is not available anymore? If its better than the 1495 I may have to engage in some serious bargaining....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it Gene, and yes the 1495/1994 is better. I also found the 1495 series to be pretty dang strong, a get a head buzz going whenever I smoke one. And you are correct, the 1994 cameroon is not available anymore, it was a one time run and most, if not all, are gone.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    My first Avo Domaine, which I received in an F&G package from the generous Mr. Brown. Liked this smoke very much, nice toasty flavor, seemed to be some pepper to the finish maybe.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I had an Oliva Serie O Natural while burning sticks in the yard today. It was good, but I think the Sol Cubano is a cheaper stick with pretty much the same flavor. Not bad by any stretch, though. No burn issues at all.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I had a Nub Cameroon 464. After all the hype and all the threads I've seen of people raving about them, I wasn't as impressed as I was hoping to be. It was a decent smoke, but it was just okay. Nothing to write home about.
  • Options
    Had another multi-cigar day. I started off with a Camacho 1962 perfecto, awesome little cigar, I think this blend grows on me each time I have it, I'm currently at the point of liking it. Later was a Habanos Puros Cuba's Famous Brands, which is supposedly blended to taste like the most famous Cuban cigars, the one I chose was their take on the Cohiba robusto, don't know if it achieves the taste they were going for, but it was pretty good to the nub. Later still was an Omar Ortez Original maduro toro, a pretty nice Nica puro. To finish things off I decided to try one of the RP Winter 2009 coronas that maddy sent me, very good cigar, full bodied and rich in dark flavors, think coffee/espresso with a nutty backbone and some bittersweet chocolate notes, color me impressed.
  • Options
    Glad to see a couple of my buds enjoying a couple of my favorite cigars -- j0z3r the Camacho 62 perfecto, and Luko the Avo Domaine.

Earlier, I had a Perdomo Cuban Parejo, one of a bunch that j0z3r sent me. I enjoy these quite a bit. Now I've just lit up my first Nording. Based on reports here, my hopes are high. I can tell one thing already: it produces lots of smoke. Always a good sign.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Smokey Joe...Sounds like a good cigar day for you.. Omar Ortez, that's a new one to me. And the RP Winter Blend is one that I have that will be gone soon after you just talked it up.
  • Options
    Kas, the Omar Ortez is a cigar put out by Altadis. It comes nude with a sleeve around the foot in either a Nicaraguan habano wrapper or a Nicaraguan maduro, each in a few different sizes. A pretty decent medium bodied cigar, I think the maduro is more flavorful than the natural. Good price point too at about $3-4 per cigar. Nothing earth shattering, but a solid smoke for a decent price.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'm not familiar with the Habano Puros, either.
  • Options
    Neither was I until someone posted about them last week. On a whim I decided to look into them and ordered a small sampling. The Habanos Puros Fuerte is a pretty good one...I described it as a mellowed out Joya de Nicaragua Antaño...which probably means nothing to you if you haven't had the Joya, but all around I thought it was a good smoke. Very reasonable price too.
  • Options
    Smoked my First Gan Nagabo 3 Siglos. I was expecting it to be much stronger than it was. It was a good taste but not a favorite. The wrapper was so smooth and soft I wanted to chew the damn thing.

One my way home tonight I hit a deer. Man, I **** that deer up. I feel bad. I saw it coming and swerved but I nailed it's head and it took out my drivers side blinker and cracked my bug guard. Almost hit him head on. Thank god I was driving my pathfinder. If I was driving my S4 I would have been pissed. So, no damage REAL damage but I really do feel bad for the deer.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Today was a 3 cigar day, somewhat rare for me this early in the year.

I went with a 5 Vegas Miami torpedo, Commacho 1962 Churchill, and a Cusano C10 Corona.

The miami was spicy, just as i knew it would be, but i was disappointed with the severe burn issues i kept having with it. Just a fluke i guess, I must have liked it though because i took it down past the band with a few corrective lights. Maybe the don pepin flavor profile is growing on me, shrug. Im a lot more tolerant of that sort of thing in somewhat nice weather when im out by myself outside though. I was pretty happy with the commacho 62, the flavor was just what i was expecting but the draw was pretty darn loose (a characteristic of them in my experience) and wow did it put out a load of smoke as a result. As for the C10, i cant complain, had the spicy characteristics of a habano and a pretty good flavor, but nothing all that memorable..in my opinion.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked my First Gan Nagabo 3 Siglos. I was expecting it to be much stronger than it was. It was a good taste but not a favorite. The wrapper was so smooth and soft I wanted to chew the damn thing.

One my way home tonight I hit a deer. Man, I **** that deer up. I feel bad. I saw it coming and swerved but I nailed it's head and it took out my drivers side blinker and cracked my bug guard. Almost hit him head on. Thank god I was driving my pathfinder. If I was driving my S4 I would have been pissed. So, no damage REAL damage but I really do feel bad for the deer.

Yeah I had my deer experience about 6 weeks or so ago. ended up at 3700.00 in damages to a 08 Canry SE. glad you didn't mess up a lot.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Yeah I had my deer experience about 6 weeks or so ago. ended up at 3700.00 in damages to a 08 Canry SE. glad you didn't mess up a lot.
    I remember when you hit that deer. Makes you pissed right? Especially with a new car. I think my brush guard took most of the impact.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Had a second Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet today...not a whole lot of flavor until nearly halfway through, and even then it faded pretty quick. If the sun comes back out I'll think I'll burn an Oliva G maduro.

Sorry to hear about the deer, man. Could've been worse, I guess. I've had a couple close calls driving back and forth to school, but I've been lucky so far.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Did a bit of catching up last night. Started with a Punch Rare Corojo. May not be rare or a corojo but it is damn good! CI Orange (RP) blend and ended with a RP Sungrown. It was a very good night.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying a big ol' Padilla Achilles salomon right now. These have a nice medium body and flavor, and burn surprisingly well, given that they're a mid-priced figurado.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I remember when you hit that deer. Makes you pissed right? Especially with a new car. I think my brush guard took most of the impact.

Yeah man, I was mule lipped as he-ll for a week !!!
  • Options
    Smoked my La Aurora 1495/1994 Cameroon compliments of j0z3r this evening ....even better than the regular 1495 I had yesterday. A bit of a head rush but 'ol my god what a great smoke, I love these. Thanks a ton Joe. May try something else tonight after the Showtime series The Tudors (anyone else like this show?)
    One of my local B&M's has a sampler pack of La Aurora 1495's with all the different wrappers so you can see how they affect the taste(does not include the 1494/1994) but I may pick it up anyway ...
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Im about to light up a CAO gold maduro. Ive read good things Im really exited about this one.
  • Options
    I wasn't aware that La Aurora made the 1495 in different wrappers. Might be worth looking into if that's the case.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Smoked my La Aurora 1495/1994 Cameroon compliments of j0z3r this evening ....even better than the regular 1495 I had yesterday. A bit of a head rush but 'ol my god what a great smoke, I love these. Thanks a ton Joe. May try something else tonight after the Showtime series The Tudors (anyone else like this show?)
    One of my local B&M's has a sampler pack of La Aurora 1495's with all the different wrappers so you can see how they affect the taste(does not include the 1494/1994) but I may pick it up anyway ...
    yo' gene-o , the sad part about burning up that 1994, it is nearly impossible to find them now. I love these things, and hate burning them.. I know that I will never smoke my last one when that time comes.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Had a 5 Vegas Classic while taking the dogs for their walk. Opening day for the Rangers Monday, have a ticket between home and third. Good times.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    yo' gene-o , the sad part about burning up that 1994, it is nearly impossible to find them now. I love these things, and hate burning them.. I know that I will never smoke my last one when that time comes.

I understand completely , however , theres only one way to find out if you like them and thats to burn at least one ...well I found out!!! I love 'em!!!