Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished an Onyx Reserve, man I like those. Its been a while since I had one, I had almost forgotten how good they were. My buddy was smoking a Java Latte and let me try it a couple of times throughout the smoke. Gotta say the Maduros (Java) are considerably better with the Javas.
  • Options
    d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    Just smoked a Padilla Miami.... just curious if I was just drunk or was this a really good cigar,
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Not a bad day. Started with an Oliveros with my morning coffee, very nice, my first one. Then couldnt decide what to have to i lit a RP 90, always a good smoke. Tonight....i dunno, thinking Carlos Torano Virtuoso or Camacho Triple Maduro.
    Haven't had the Triple Maduro, but the virtuoso is really good. I need to get some more of those.

Had a Rocky Patel American Market this morning, very good smoke. I followed that up with a RP Honduran this afternoon, another great stick. I really dig these small-production RP's so far. Still have the Conuco, Cruz Real, and Nicarao to try.
    I love the 3x maduro!
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    I was greeted at work today by an employee who stopped at the B&M on his way in this afternoon just to buy me a cigar. It is a Romeo y Julieta Cedro No.2, It is the first of this brand for me and I must say that it is quite a good smoke.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    d_nowell:
    Just smoked a Padilla Miami.... just curious if I was just drunk or was this a really good cigar,

You werent drunk(well..maybe yo were) but the Miami is a kick ass smoke. I just finished up my night with a Miami Churchill. Absolutley love them!!
  • Options
    Finished the night off with a 5 Vegas Gold, excellent drunk cigar, lol.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Had a Fonseca Cedar while my two buddies had a Gran Habano and a Punch. Boy did I pick the wrong stick. Grassy and bitter tasting, and I'd swear I could still taste the ammonia, even though I've had that stick going on 4 months now.
  • Options
    d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    It was a very good smoke I enjoyed it thoroughly.... Just ordered some more, thanks for the reply
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. First time for me and it is a very pleasant smoke so far. Med-full IMO but I'm picking up some floral notes that were there even pre-light. Very nice.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just got home from the in-laws doin' the whole mothers day thing (MY moms long passed) getting ready to fire something up just can't decide what yet...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a Padilla 1932 Friday night and it was ok. I think it was a little strong for my tastes. I got a second one that I will wait a while before I smoke.

Last night was a two cigar night. I started with a Padilla 1942 which I really liked. So far this is the only Padilla that I liked. My second cigar was a La Aurora 100 Anos Torpedo. They tasted similar. When I finished the Padilla, I put it down and left it in the ash tray. The 100 Anos was getting real soft and mushy the last inch - inch and a half so I had to put it down and I picked up what was left of the Padilla and smoked more and it just continued where it left off. I have one more of those so I'll have to get more sometime in the future. To be fair to the other Padillas have had, I only had one of each like the 68, Miami, Obsidian, etc... I do have more lying around and after I feel they are aged enough I will give them another go. They have about 4 months of age so far so in another couple of months I'll try again. So far, nothing tonight and it may stay that way. If I do get out, it will be that Gurkha Castle Hall from Phoebes.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I think I'll be having another one of my Oliva G maduro's again tonight. I don't have a very large spread of cigars to choose from quite yet but at least I found something relatively inexpensive to smoke that I really enjoy.
  • Options
    AHHHH ...a Ashton VSG ...What an awsome smoke...I LOVE these ...just finished it up...got a tv program I've been wanting to see and then about 9:00 ish I'think I'll light up again ...damn what an enjoyable day and I'm not even anybodys mom LOL ...
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    I think I'll be having another one of my Oliva G maduro's again tonight. I don't have a very large spread of cigars to choose from quite yet but at least I found something relatively inexpensive to smoke that I really enjoy.

Hang around here long enough 'moose and that will change ...
  • Options
    Just finished a RP Nicarao, what a great smoke. Very toasty and nutty, nice long finish.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had a cuasano 18 connie tonight...it was good and all, just kinda ho-hum. I remember this being better.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    gmill880:
    Hugemoose:

Hang around here long enough 'moose and that will change ...

That's what I'm worried about!

I just got a box and I'm already looking into more cigars. Can't let a bigger humidor go to waste I suppose...
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Started out w a Puros Indios Reserva Maxima. Construction sucks, but I do like these. Next up was DPG Vegas - great cigar, not as spicy as his others. Followed this w a CCom Brazilian torpedo. Thing self-destructed - too bad. Ended the night w a Cusano Xclsivo Diadema- love these things.
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    Started off the evening with the 601 Reserva Double Robusto. I was pumped about this cigar. I love maduros and was lookng forward to the ring size of this one. I was highly disappointed however. It was rolled too tight and I had to throw it away. Grabbed a 5 Vegas Limitada, and though the draw was nice, I had some burn issues and the flavor was average at best. Not a great cigar night tonight.
  • Options
    Just finished a Maxx Traditional. Not bad, pretty good flavor, but had some serious burn issues and in the last inch and a half it started tunneling worse than any cigar I have had yet.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I pullled out one of the Ghurka Titan II's from the daily deal a few months ago, but...damn, the draw on it was like trying to use a straw on a frozen dairy queen malt. I kept trying to unplug it as i got about a quarter through, but it was a miserable experience, and i ended up destroying it trying to open up the draw. Boy was i angry......HOWEVER...to calm myself down..i pulled out a centurian, and my anger level within 2 minutes went from a 9/10 to 2/10. I was then again happy and all was right with the world.
  • Options
    I lit up a Camacho Select earlier, and got this horrible vomit taste. I tried to burn through it to see if would change, but I could not get past that horrible flavor. Has anyone else had this happen with one of these? I got a 5-pack, so I'm going to give it another shot sometime later, it had to have just been a bad stick, there is no way anyone would make a cigar taste like that on purpose.

To get the taste out of my mouth, I smoked a Padilla '68, like the others I've had, this one was excellent.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yech, alien I hope that never happens to me. Never had that happen.

I went ahead and enjoyed my Hemingway Short Story. Keyword being enjoyed, nice little smoke. Leaves a fantastic aftertaste as well. I'm looking forward to firing up a 5 Vegas Relic tomorrow, which was sent to me by Rob early on in my cigar career. Has about a month in the humi, I'm pretty excited to get to this one.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a good night Saturday. Started with a Don Pepin Cuban Classic robusto, next had an Oliva O Dbl Toro, then topped it off with a RP Olde World Maduro also in the robusto size. All good smokes but the Olde World and the DPG were the best. I'm a big fan of most of the Oliva line, but the O is MUCH better in the Maduro. The G and V are better than the O as well. Probably going to smoke again tonight, but not sure what I'll have. Might have the Gurkha Park Ave... Really not sure yet.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I lit up a Camacho Select earlier, and got this horrible vomit taste. I tried to burn through it to see if would change, but I could not get past that horrible flavor. Has anyone else had this happen with one of these? I got a 5-pack, so I'm going to give it another shot sometime later, it had to have just been a bad stick, there is no way anyone would make a cigar taste like that on purpose.

To get the taste out of my mouth, I smoked a Padilla '68, like the others I've had, this one was excellent.

Holy crap Tony - hope thats not the ones they send out in the blackband project !!!
  • Options
    Too rainy to smoke anything here at work maybe when I get home tonight the weather will be better 40 miles away there !!! That brings something to mind anyone else work a long ways from home and drive everyday?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    In the middle of a Nub Connie, the thing's a pretty good stick. In general, I smoke a lot more heavy cigars, and I try to avoid milder smokes, but this has opened up the possibilities for me. Not at all bad so far.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoking a Nub Cammie today. Forget which size but the smaller. Not either torpedo.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    smoked my first acid today while mowing the lawn, a kuba kuba. I know many people are not fans of aromatic cigars but for a nice breezy summer day, this thing was great. Once the pool opens up i plan on enjoying many afternoons lounging with a nice beer and an acid, after I buy cigar.com's sampler which appears to be a great deal. I think later tonight I will have my last oliva serie v to polish off a busy but productive day.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    tshaw:
    smoked my first acid today while mowing the lawn, a kuba kuba. I know many people are not fans of aromatic cigars but for a nice breezy summer day, this thing was great. Once the pool opens up i plan on enjoying many afternoons lounging with a nice beer and an acid, after I buy cigar.com's sampler which appears to be a great deal. I think later tonight I will have my last oliva serie v to polish off a busy but productive day.
    I love the V. Not a bad stick after a busy day either. I'm smoking a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet that I got in a deal from ccom. Wonderful smoke. I'm glad I have another one.