Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    I lit up a Camacho Select earlier, and got this horrible vomit taste. I tried to burn through it to see if would change, but I could not get past that horrible flavor. Has anyone else had this happen with one of these? I got a 5-pack, so I'm going to give it another shot sometime later, it had to have just been a bad stick, there is no way anyone would make a cigar taste like that on purpose.

To get the taste out of my mouth, I smoked a Padilla '68, like the others I've had, this one was excellent.

Holy crap Tony - hope thats not the ones they send out in the blackband project !!!
    You and me both buddy.

Smoked a Cusano MC earlier, wasn't too impressed, the P1 is much better. I just got done with a Conuco, another one I wasn't super thrilled about. Good smoke and all, but nothing special.
  • Options
    Just finished up a CAO CX2. For as good as these cigars are, you don't really see too much about them. I really dig 'em, gonna have to start keeping some on hand.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    CX2's are superb. Its been awhile since i have had a V what a stupendous smoke, got to relax in the garage listen to the rain and read the latest cigar aficionado great finish to the day I must say
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I smoked a Gurkha Regent earlier. Disappointing to say the least. I don't think it was necessarily the cigar though, the humidity isn't being very friendly. I'm smoking a Nub Habano right now, and it's going pretty well. Nub has quickly became one of my faves.
  • Options
    Just finished up an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Damn good smoke, it definately lived up to the expectations I had for it.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Took my que from Matt and had a Habano Nub. Now in my favorite list, I think I'll be seeking out a box of these real soon. Easy to enjoy, a very fun little smoke. Got this one courtesy of Bryan.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday i had a Rocky Patel OSG. it wasnt bad. probably my second favorite Patel. (the first being the nording)

later on i had an Oliva Serie V
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I started with a RP Renaissance and it was outstanding! This is such a different smoke for Rocky and I am very impressed with it. The burn and draw were perfect and the flavor this thing produces is outstanding. Lots of cedar and woody flavors and just an all around great smoke.

Next I had a 5 Vegas Classic dbl Nickel and as always this was a damn good smoke. Smooth flavor with a great burn. This could easily be an everyday smoke for me. I like most of the 5 Vegas line so far. I've only tried the Gold, Classic, and A and so far the Series A is my favorite but I can't wait to get my hands on some of the Relics.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    ooo yea the renaissance is a great smoke indeed. I am about to run out to my b&m real quick and pick up 2 new sticks today, another acid because i did enjoy the last one and i think maybe a winston churchill Marrakesh is in order (my all time favorite smoke next to a winston churchill
  • Options
    Had an Oliva O Natural Robusto earlier. First off, that is probably the longest-lasting robusto I have smoked, it ran well over an hour. The draw was just a little tighter than I like, but still good. And man, great flavors, it is one of my favorite Habanos now. That's the second Oliva in a row that I really liked, I think I need to look into them a little more.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had an Oliva Serie V robusto after lunch today. This cigar remains one of my favorites. After a long gym workout tonight, my friend and I sat out on the porch and lit up a couple of CAO Brazilias.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A buddy at work gave me a RP Spring Collection.....I will fire it up tommorow with him ...anyone had one yet?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro robusto this afternoon, a very good smoke...I'm really starting to come around to some of Rocky's cigars. I also had a La Aroma de Cuba robusto a bit later, another really good smoke that I'm glad I picked up sight unseen.

And now...I wait until tomorrow afternoon when I'll have some 5 Vegas Limitada 2009 in my hand...can't wait for that one.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Started out w a Gurkha Castle Hall. This is one of my favorite Connecticuts (after the ESV and 601 Black) Next up was a Perdomo Lot 23. Finished the night w a RP Fusion Lancero.
  • Options
    DesireeDesiree Posts: 1
    I read your comment about Habanera 78, I hope you enjoyed... I just want to clarify that Habanera 78 is a Fuentes Crucet Cigars... Eventhough is manufacture in the Dominican Republic we are not relate it with the Fuente Family... If you can let me know what you though about our cigar... Thank you
  • Options
    ShawnJ:
    Had an Oliva Serie V robusto after lunch today. This cigar remains one of my favorites. After a long gym workout tonight, my friend and I sat out on the porch and lit up a couple of CAO Brazilias.
    I had my first Oliva V tonight, it was also a robusto. Damn good cigar, my favorite so far from Oliva. I really want to try the V Maduro now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a couple cigars the last few days, a perdomo esv (thanks alien), a cao maduro (not bad but not great), cao vision (over hyped if you ask me), and a padron 64 maduro (thanks laker) which wasn't bad. I liked it more than the natural.
  • Options
    Just finished an Alec Bradley Medalist. Yet another AB I really dig. I haven't tried one of his yet I didn't like at all, probably the one I liked the least was the Maxx traditional, and that was only due to construction (burn was horriblle) issues.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished an Alec Bradley Medalist. Yet another AB I really dig. I haven't tried one of his yet I didn't like at all, probably the one I liked the least was the Maxx traditional, and that was only due to construction (burn was horriblle) issues.
    I have had a couple AB smokes and I thought they were really good. I've been looking at picking up a box of the Medalist since you can get a box of 10 for about $30. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pick up one of those!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just got in 2 RP Summers so I am going to smoke one in a little while. I placed a small order two days ago. I got myself a 5 Pack of each Gurkha Micro Blend, a 5 pack of the Limitada 2009 and a 5 Pack of the Indian Tabac Split Decision Triple. I want to get myself a 5 pakc of the Triple fusion but I have to get it in a pack with the fusion and fusion MM so I may get them and just give some of the others to my friends. Also got a RP Renn Robusto too. Haven't had that size yet. I forget what the Renn tastes like.

My cousin just invited me to an event at a B&M near him in Lafeyette Village, NJ. I think he said it is a CAO event but I'm not sure. It's Friday night. Plus, he invited me to some dinner in Oak Ridge on June 9th. Supposed to be $100 a ticket. OUCH MAN!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I have had a couple AB smokes and I thought they were really good. I've been looking at picking up a box of the Medalist since you can get a box of 10 for about $30. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pick up one of those!
    The Medalist is similar to the Harvest 97, but less peppery, smoother, and overall a little better. I saw that deal on the $30 boxes too. I was going to pick one up, but when I went there to do it, they had RP Rosado boxes for $50, so I did that instead, lol.

Just had the first of my anniversary smokes, a La Aurora Preferido Connecticut #2. Pretty good smoke, but the burn wasn't great, required a couple of touch up lights. It has been sitting in my humidor for about a week at 68%. If it was a 5 or 6 dollar cigar, I'd be really wowed, but for the price I was a little underwhelmed.

Really looking forward to the Anejo I've got sitting, it is going to be the last one of the night I think, with the Stradivarius up next.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I smoked an Exodus Gold, which was a great smoke, the draw was very, very tight, but it went well enough. Might be looking to get a couple more to see if I could get one with a looser draw.
  • Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    I'm not certain what I'll be smoking tonight yet; I guess it depends what gets recommended at my local store.

I did try a couple of cigars that were new to me recently.  I smoked a Padron (the the box said 2000 Series) two nights ago.  I was unimpressed.  It was really harsh to start.  I don't know if it was too earthy or what the flavor was, but it was too something.  I felt like I was smoking an expensive and over-sized cigarette.  Last night I smoked a CAO Brazilia.  I really enjoyed it, particularly for the price.  I didn't find it as spicy as others had mentioned to me.  Nice smoke, though.
  • Options
    Just finished a RP Sun Grown - good smoke but not as strong as I remember it as a newbie
  • Options
    betasynn:
    I smoked an Exodus Gold, which was a great smoke, the draw was very, very tight, but it went well enough. Might be looking to get a couple more to see if I could get one with a looser draw.
    I really enjoy the Torano Exodus as well, but I've never had a problem with draw on them (and I prefer mine on the looser side). It may have been over-humidified or maybe the roller for that stick was just in a bad mood, lol. I would definately give them another shot.
  • Options
    So, I still haven't figured out what I will be smoking tonight.  I would love to take suggestions.  I probably need something medium bodied or milder.  I'm open to just about anything as I'm not all that experienced in the hobby yet.  Nothing too expensive, but something you would repeat smoking.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Biggin:
    So, I still haven't figured out what I will be smoking tonight.  I would love to take suggestions.  I probably need something medium bodied or milder.  I'm open to just about anything as I'm not all that experienced in the hobby yet.  Nothing too expensive, but something you would repeat smoking.
    5 Vegas Classic. A really good cigar for a great price, also one I'll smoke as long as they are made.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Double day today.. Gurkha Blue Steel, and a Cusano C10.. I liked the Cusano a bit better.. Great flavor and burn, this one has been resting a while which probably helped make it the favorite today.
  • Options
    Desiree:
    I read your comment about Habanera 78, I hope you enjoyed... I just want to clarify that Habanera 78 is a Fuentes Crucet Cigars... Eventhough is manufacture in the Dominican Republic we are not relate it with the Fuente Family... If you can let me know what you though about our cigar... Thank you

Well Desiree I was enjoying it very much right up to the point the window washers soaked it !!! I have never seen it at my local cigar shops though. Very good flavor and I will be trying I believe it is the '87 soon. --Gene
  • Options
    My local store does not have the 5 Vegas line at the moment, but they are apparently working on it.  Hit me with some more suggestions, please.  Hopefully, one of them will pan out.