Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great budget stick ^^^

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 agree. First time with one and pleasantly surprised

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes sir, enjoy Derek

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Get your ^ ãss on the vherf

Your not even on puto

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    San Lotano Habano Toro - from 08/16/2011. My second to the last one from around the time they first came out and they were running a special along with the MOW Puro Authentico. Pretty sure it was a Andy D special type email deal (he also got me a good deal on a box of Diesel UHC as well). Could possibly have been Steve R over at CI too but I think it was Andy D. Anyway, will be sad to smoke my last but will enjoy this one. It's also my first V cut cigar ever. Finally bought a V cutter since folks seem to like them.

Nice. Wish I had put some of those away back in the day. Enjoy

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pacman84 said:

Nice. Wish I had put some of those away back in the day. Enjoy

I wish I put more away. Still one of my favorite all time cigars and one of AJ's finest blends IMO. IIRC it was one of his first independent releases and the pride shown through to be sure. I've literally have had zero issues with any of these from that first run. All have been perfect in every way from flawless wrappers, perfectly filled, excellent draw, and rich, rich flavors. They still taste fantastic as ever. Hindsight is 20/20, wish I'd bought 5 boxes at least. Still have a good amount of the MOW PA's from that first run and BOGO special. I remember it well, it was a feeding frenzy...lol.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Good call @Derek

I'd like your take on these if you get a chance. I've read mixed reviews, some love it, others seem to think it's meh. Seems to be on special at a lot of places. The folks over at Hiland cigars in AZ were nice enough to send me three of AJ's newer blends recently when I purchased a couple boxes of Mac Inspirado reds from them after mentioning I was a AJ fan. I have one of these on bed rest right now ( it was one of the three).

• DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@TheKraken said:
    Good call @Derek

I'd like your take on these if you get a chance. I've read mixed reviews, some love it, others seem to think it's meh. Seems to be on special at a lot of places. The folks over at Hiland cigars in AZ were nice enough to send me three of AJ's newer blends recently when I purchased a couple boxes of Mac Inspirado reds from them after mentioning I was a AJ fan. I have one of these on bed rest right now ( it was one of the three).

I really enjoyed it. I let it sit for a little over a month after receiving it from @Grawls. My palate isn't developed enough to go into the details of flavor, but the first two thirds were enjoyable. No touch ups necessary. Stayed lit even when I became distracted. Great smoke production. The final third became bitter pretty quickly. I set it down shortly after removing the large band. I would smoke again.