Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had a CAO LX 2 today and didnt like it to much. It had a great aroma but wasnt as good as the other ligeros I really like, the Oliva V and the Ghurka G3 and G5. I just wasnt getting many good flavors out of it and it had burn issues. Any one care to suggest some other good ligeros I might try.

Going to smoke a RP 92 churchill  to make up for the LX2.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a San Cristobal.. It has been resting for about a year ! This cigar was unbelievable. The burn was nearly perfect, draw, just as good.. And the flavor profile was astounding. There were flavors of leather, cedar, nuttiness, and hints of black cherry and cinnamon. The strength grew as the cigar progressed, and near the end it developed a nice spiciness. This cigar did something different for me.. at the start there was a very short finish, but near the end the finish grew longer, and the flavors lingered.. This has moved to my must have cigar list. This is an Ashton/Pepin product, had I known that sooner, It would have been long gone... I am serious, this is one of the best cigars I've had in a while.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    tonight i had another leoninos, boy am i glad i got a box of 25 because i LOVE this car as a daily smoke, and its so cheap.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Today was a San Cristobal.. It has been resting for about a year ! This cigar was unbelievable. The burn was nearly perfect, draw, just as good.. And the flavor profile was astounding. There were flavors of leather, cedar, nuttiness, and hints of black cherry and cinnamon. The strength grew as the cigar progressed, and near the end it developed a nice spiciness. This cigar did something different for me.. at the start there was a very short finish, but near the end the finish grew longer, and the flavors lingered.. This has moved to my must have cigar list. This is an Ashton/Pepin product, had I known that sooner, It would have been long gone... I am serious, this is one of the best cigars I've had in a while.
    I had one of these for the first time recently and from what I can remember, I was duly impressed as well, love cedar and leather like that with a little spiciness.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds like a pretty good cigar Kas, I'll have to bump it up on my list to try.

This afternoon was a Nording robusto, very good as always. In the evening I had a Padilla Signature 1948 churchill, always an awesome cigar and one I'm glad I tried.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Went with a CAO Brazilia tonight, smoked with my little brother (he had a 5 Vegas Gold) and hung out on the patio for a good two hours. Pretty good stogie, really got a lot of sweet notes and for a bit there, a little bit of maple.
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    RP Summer Collection tonight for me.
  • Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36
    Smoked my first Vegas cigar, a classic.  Very good cigar, start to finish.  It was as full flavored or robust a smoke as I care for, so it's an after meal smoke for me.   Now I'm looking forward to a Vegas Gold.  Just wish it didn't have such a guady ring on it. 
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Last night was the first time I have smoked since Sunday. I started with a Partagas 160 that has been resting almost a year if not more. Prelight draw was definately cedar and classic tobacco. The cigar started out really good. The problem started when the tar started. I had to cut it to get rid of the tar. I had originally used a punch. I know this cigar wasn't overly humidified. The humi that is spent most of its time in has a hard time staying above 60. I recently just reseasoned it and boiled the puck. I also have one of those paradym devices in there. A small one but big enough for this small hunidor. The 160 did spend some time in my smoking humidor for at least a week which is closer to 66 - 70. After I cut it, I then had to let it go out because I had to gig. I relit it on break and it was exactly the same as when I let it go out. BUT, as soon as I started it I got called back in to go back and play. So, when I relit it the second time it was just OK and kinda harsh. At that point I was close to the end. I smoked a little more and started to burn my fingers so I just trashed it.

On the way home I smoked most of a Renaisance Robusto. This was very different from the Partagas of course but it was tasty. I actually couldn't finish because I got home so late and needed to get to bed. I would say that I got through about 2/3rds of it. I left it in my car ash tray so maybe I will get back to it. It is kinda humid out so I don't have to worry about it drying out too much. I know, I know I should probably get rid of it but if there is a small chance that it is still smokeable then it may save me from lighting a new one for a short trip that I may have to put out and waste that one too.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I walked around outside and enjoyed an Oliva Serie V yesterday. That was my last cigar. I probably won't smoke another one until Wednesday. I get paid next Friday, and I'm certainly going to be stocking up then. I just have to remember that traffic tickets take away my cigar money, lol.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had a Punch Champion this morning, what a great way to start a morning. I'm still deciding what I want this evening. Cusano Rare Cameroon, Liga Privada or ESV 91.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    Went with a CAO Brazilia tonight, smoked with my little brother (he had a 5 Vegas Gold) and hung out on the patio for a good two hours. Pretty good stogie, really got a lot of sweet notes and for a bit there, a little bit of maple.
    Dang, you got maple out of this? I had one not too long ago and loved it, but I didn't get maple. But I seem to have a pretty incompetent taster, I can never get these great nuances that others describe like maple. Makes me jealous, I'll have to try one again and look out for maple.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Luko:
    Garen B:
    Dang, you got maple out of this? I had one not too long ago and loved it, but I didn't get maple. But I seem to have a pretty incompetent taster, I can never get these great nuances that others describe like maple. Makes me jealous, I'll have to try one again and look out for maple.
    It was very, very slight, but I'm nowhere near experienced enough to get stuff that kuzi gets, I have been getting a lot of sweet notes from cigars lately, might be something up with me. If it helps, I had the cigar about 4 months, the place I got it from was fairly new, so I don't think the sticks had much time to rest before that. And I got the maple flavor through the nose, but didn't get anything like that with my tongue, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Had a Criollo figurado from Top Cigars out of Miami. Was one hell of a tasty smoke. It had a really nice mild sweetness that  literally made my mouth water which got the end all soggy ha ha.
    I was really bummed when it started to unravel and crack at about the 3 in mark.Its been raining for over a week straight here and is humid as hell so no surprise there. luckily it was a pretty big cigar at 7.25x52 so I still got my moneys worth.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Hoping to get to smoke a cigar tonight dunno what i will have though so many choices i think i might go with a RP vintage 1990 it will be my first cant wait to see how it tastes.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey smoke, you should like that Rocky'90, I have had a bunch of the 90's and 92's.. always a winner.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Good to know looking forward to it cant wait to try it.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey smoke, you should like that Rocky'90, I have had a bunch of the 90's and 92's.. always a winner.

Yup 2 of my favorites right now. I cant decide which one I like better. Those and the Decade are always a lock for a good smoke. Ive yet to have one with any kind of draw or burn issue. I find the 90 to have a little more pepper and the 92 to be nice and woody.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Coincidentally, I just finished a Rocky Patel R4, courtesy of mustluvcigars. DAMN. It started off with a perfect amount of spice, then a nutty flavor came in behind the spiciness, and after about halfway through it flips to a sweet, creamy taste. Rocky could box these and sell them for at least twice what Cigar.com has the price listed as! So far, the only RP I haven't dug is the 92. I'm hoping I got a bad stick, because it just had this awful grassy taste that made me put it down halfway through.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

I'm in Dallas today and picked up a couple of smokes at a B&M called "Up in Smoke" I have never had before. The first was one I have seen a few of you praise - the La Flor Dominca Cameroon Cabinet #1. Can see why - great smoke. Now I am sitting outside DFW smoking a RP I have never heard of associated with TAA. The guy at the shop said it was only available to those that were part of this association. Pretty powerful and pretty tasty!

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished an Oliva Serie G Cameroon toro, what a pleasant smoke. I think I prefer the G in maduro, but the Cameroon version was great all the same.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    sdip:

I'm in Dallas today and picked up a couple of smokes at a B&M called "Up in Smoke" I have never had before. The first was one I have seen a few of you praise - the La Flor Dominca Cameroon Cabinet #1. Can see why - great smoke. Now I am sitting outside DFW smoking a RP I have never heard of associated with TAA. The guy at the shop said it was only available to those that were part of this association. Pretty powerful and pretty tasty!

LFD Cameroon Cab .....ummmmmm !!!
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Enyoying a Man O War Ruination as always.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday was a three cigar day for me; started off well with a nice, short story. Later, over video games with a friend I smoked a big puro thats made locally on long island, La Bonita. It was a fantastic smoke with very clear citrus flavor. The third one was a Padilla Hybrid, which paired quite nicely with a pilsner and Halo.
  • Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    Last night a storm knocked out the power to my house so I went outside and enjoyed an Edge Corojo. Today at lunch I smoked a Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro.

CK
  • Options
    Yesterday was a R&J Reserve-absolutely awsome, rich leather tobacco and woodsy...one of the best R&J smokes I have had...it was in the humi for about 5 months...damn tasty. Tonight out on the deck with a nice rum I enjoyed a LFD Double LIgero Chisel ...A great smoke, woodsy and coffee beanish with hints of another flavor I couldn't quite describe but this is a great smoke...and it lasted almost 1 hour and 45 minutes !!!
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    same as the last 3 days, tomorrow...i think its time to give the new olive Connecticut a test run, if not, change it up with a SC Connecticut...either way tomorrow is all about connecticut lol
  • Options
    TizzleTizzle Posts: 13
    Last night I had a RP Decade... It was AMAZING!! loved everything about it.... tonight I am going to smoke an 06' Padilla Obsidian.... have a great night everybody!!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished an Oliva Serie G Cameroon toro, what a pleasant smoke. I think I prefer the G in maduro, but the Cameroon version was great all the same.

Uhhhh...Tony ...the new avatar???
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Dude Love:
    Coincidentally, I just finished a Rocky Patel R4, courtesy of mustluvcigars. DAMN. It started off with a perfect amount of spice, then a nutty flavor came in behind the spiciness, and after about halfway through it flips to a sweet, creamy taste. Rocky could box these and sell them for at least twice what Cigar.com has the price listed as! So far, the only RP I haven't dug is the 92. I'm hoping I got a bad stick, because it just had this awful grassy taste that made me put it down halfway through.
    I am glad I sent stuff you like alot....

Tonight i enjoyed another Casa Magna, may not be the best in the world, but I love this cigar, in my personal top two and I cant wait to get my hands on a box or four