Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Not at all jealous...I'm not a particular fan of the Nub line, they just don't do much for me. I prefer something longer and skinnier to short and stubby. (ok I gave you the ammo, show me what you got)
    So you prefer white guys over asian guys?

So seriously you are not a nub CIGAR fan?
    Yes to both. :D
    I guess I am not the only non-fan of Nubs on the board. They really don't do it for me either there Joe.
    I was into them at first try, but when it came time to give them a second shot they just kinda fell flat. I might still like the Connecticut, that was my favorite...have to try another one.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I didn't have anything last night but tonight will be a different story!!! My wife is out of town for a wedding and won't be back until late so when I get off work I'm going to go home, eat something, mix a drink, light a good smoke, and sit on the balcony with the sliding door open so I can watch some news or a good movie and just RELAX!!! I'm pretty excited about it too!
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I started out w a Indian Tabac Anniversary toro yesterday. Had a couple of lanceros during the day; a Oliva V and a RP Summer. Finished the night off w a Gurkha Regent Torpedo.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday I led off with a CAO Italian, which was a decent smoke but nothing to write home about. I then decided to go with something special, and broke out a Camacho Pre-Embargo, which I liked quite a bit, really great smoke sitting next to the hottub and trying to figure the damn thing out. Finally ended the day with a little Rocky Patel Decade lancero. Great stick, just fabulous amounts of smoke and flavor.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    RP decade UUmmmmmm.......I have a Camacho PE and a CAO Italia resting ...just have not got around to them yet ...but those Decades are awsome ...
  • Options
    I just finished up an Oliva Serie G Maduro in the robusto size and YUMMY! This is one of my "on hand at all times" smokes but I haven't had one in a while. It was awesome as always! I've also been watching the "Band of Brothers" series on History Channel and it doesn't get much better than that as far as I'm concerned!
  • Options
    HUMPH !!! Stoped at a B&M on the way home from working this evening. Picked up a SLR Rothschild to smoke when I got home. First thing I noticed out of the cello the cap was as dark as a maduro although this cigar wasn't maduro...really looked kinda odd. I cut the cap, shaving about a 1/8 inch and the damn thing still started to unwrap !?! OK OK I get that taken care of with another cut and light it up. Initial taste was woodsy but bits of harshness. Burn line very uneven even though I took special care lighting. Flavor was blandness to small amts of wood,oaky I believe, to a little spice but never enough at one time to really enjoy. The burn was corrected multiple times and it probably went out 5-6 times and had to be relit. Smoked 2/3rds of it and then decided with no more flavor than it was giving off and the constant battle with the burn line and staying lit it just wasn't worth the hassel...cigars are supposed to relax you not pi_ss you off !!! Oh well ...tommorow's another day ...maybe a Don Carlos, they never dissapoint ...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I just finished up an Oliva Serie G Maduro in the robusto size and YUMMY! This is one of my "on hand at all times" smokes but I haven't had one in a while. It was awesome as always! I've also been watching the "Band of Brothers" series on History Channel and it doesn't get much better than that as far as I'm concerned!
    I love those as well. I had my first two over the past couple of days and I just ordered a 5-pack, seriously considering a box purchase.

Went over to a buddy's house to watch the fight (damn Evans got knocked out) and had a Gurkha Symphony and a Trinidad Maduro, two excellent smokes. I also had a big ass 5 Vegas A, the biggest one of these I have seen to date, ring gauge close to a 58/60-ish. I really didn't like it in this size nearly as much as the others I have had, I would go with the robusto or triple nickel for these.

Edit: I went looking through the different sizes for 5 Vegas A, and determined the one I had tonight was an Apocalypse, definately not my favorite size for these, I would really take any other size I've had them in before the Apocalypse.
  • Options
    Hey Alien you get around to that Anejo yet?
  • Options
    Yesterday was a La Caya Natural Churchill - nice mild smoke at a great price Next up was a Nub Cameroon. This had been sitting for about 8 months and was fantastic. Finished the night w a RP x-out Olde World Reserve. Another very good smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had myselft a Gurkha Master Select Perfecto courtesy of Phoebes. This is the first on in that size. Started out nice but got kinda bland. I found that if I purged it frequently that the flavor would come back temporarily. The burn was almost perfect. The draw was a little tight even though I cut a little off the head. I should try this in a small guage. I had a robusto that I liked and I have had to 6 X 60s. The first one was good, the second one was kinda bland.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Not yet, I was actually planning on smoking it tomorrow, to cap off my 4-day weekend here.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    Not yet, I was actually planning on smoking it tomorrow, to cap off my 4-day weekend here.

Cool bro' hope you enjoy it !!! I just finished a AF Don Carlos Robusto ...Always a great smoke full of flavor and lots of creamy smoke ...I did a quick inventory and I think I'm down to about 4 Don Carlos in various sizes ...this makes me VERY nervous ...:)
  • Options
    Tried Pete Johnson's new one today - an Ambos Mundos sumatra. It was good and pretty tasty. Next up was a Perdomo Champagne. Finished the night w a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. This was my favorite of the line.
  • Options
    Had a VSG robusto today. Not as tasty as the last one. I think the humudity had something to do with it. Finished up the Legend Toro that I started the other night.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    So yesterday was a Gurkha Grand Age while I was at the race track. I brought the Gurkha, a Liga Privada and a Cusano Rare Cameroon. I lit up the Gurkha and my Dad's business partner started sniffing around and talking to me about it so I offered him one. I figured the Liga would be a little much so I gave up my Cusano Cameroon to him. He thoroughly enjoyed it and damn near nubbed the thing. It was his first real cigar and I may have cbrought another one into our brotherhood.

I had a Cusano 18 Maduro this morning while doing yard work. Then a Bahia Blu over at my dad's bbq. The Cusano was great and consistent as always, the Bahia was a bit of a surprise it was actually pretty damn good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started the day with a Rocky Patel Connectcut...I should have just smoked a day old butt, I would have achieved the same end result, I did not like this one bit and I let it die after giving it an inch to get better. Later was a mystery cigar from the game of a similar name, it was pretty good and I think I know what it is. To end the night, I broke out an A. Fernandez churchill, it was ok but I really wasn't all to into it...odd as I seem to really like everything the guy makes, but his own signature blend...well, you get the picture.

So maddy, how do you like the Liga Privada? I really liked my first one, but I've been consistently less impressed with each subsequent experience.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    had my first la aurora barrel aged...what a great cigar. great flavor profile
  • Options
    tshaw:
    That is one of my favorites as well.

Well, I was going to save this one for tomorrow, but we had an awesome day today. My best friend and his wife rented out a small bowling alley and threw my wife and I a baby shower today, which was a blast. Then we all went out to see Star Trek, which turned out to be one of the best movies I have seen this year. So, I figured why not end such a great day with a great smoke and I broke out the Anejo torpedo Gene sent me a couple of weeks ago. As I'm sure most of you already know, it was an amazing cigar. Between this and the Don Carlos, my opinion of Arturo Fuente is turning around quite a bit. I have very high hopes for those Opus X's I have now, lol. And a big thanks again Gene, man, I really appreciate that awesome stick.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    tshaw:
    That is one of my favorites as well.

Well, I was going to save this one for tomorrow, but we had an awesome day today. My best friend and his wife rented out a small bowling alley and threw my wife and I a baby shower today, which was a blast. Then we all went out to see Star Trek, which turned out to be one of the best movies I have seen this year. So, I figured why not end such a great day with a great smoke and I broke out the Anejo torpedo Gene sent me a couple of weeks ago. As I'm sure most of you already know, it was an amazing cigar. Between this and the Don Carlos, my opinion of Arturo Fuente is turning around quite a bit. I have very high hopes for those Opus X's I have now, lol. And a big thanks again Gene, man, I really appreciate that awesome stick.

Sounds like a great day Tony...glad you enjoyed the Anejo they are awsome
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I started the day with a Rocky Patel Connectcut...I should have just smoked a day old butt, I would have achieved the same end result, I did not like this one bit and I let it die after giving it an inch to get better. Later was a mystery cigar from the game of a similar name, it was pretty good and I think I know what it is. To end the night, I broke out an A. Fernandez churchill, it was ok but I really wasn't all to into it...odd as I seem to really like everything the guy makes, but his own signature blend...well, you get the picture.

So maddy, how do you like the Liga Privada? I really liked my first one, but I've been consistently less impressed with each subsequent experience.

I didn't like the toro from AJ so much, but tried the robusto a month later, and it was pretty flavor able. The jury is still out...

I am smoking a Padilla Habano this morning. Pretty reasonable economical purchase... I like 'em
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Hope all of you have a great memorial day. Last nite had a CAO Brazilia. Tonight planning on a 601 green.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I had the 601 Green Oscuro last night. As usual it was very full bodied and flavorful, enjoyed it sitting around a fire in the backyard. Good times.
    The CAO Brazillia is also a favorite of mine. I had one the day before yesterday, also sitting after lunch in the backyard. Of course I like the C.Com Brazillian as much or more and you can't beat the price of the house blends.
  • Options
    Had myself a Gurkha Micro Batch TPB-1 at the parade this morning that I was marching in. It was ok. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. One more Micro Batch to try and that is the C-10. So far, the best one I have smoked was the VH-7. Not sure if I will get to have anything else today.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

laker1963:
    I had the 601 Green Oscuro last night. As usual it was very full bodied and flavorful, enjoyed it sitting around a fire in the backyard. Good times.
    The CAO Brazillia is also a favorite of mine. I had one the day before yesterday, also sitting after lunch in the backyard. Of course I like the C.Com Brazillian as much or more and you can't beat the price of the house blends.

Its the first Brazillia for me, I thought it was pretty good. I will try and pick up some of the house blends to try.

• Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    I'm not sure what I'm having tonight yet, but last night I had a La Flora Dominicana Ligero.  It was fantastic. Great aroma.  Really nutty and creamy just after I lit it..  It burned a little funny, but the the flavor was great.
  • Options
    Last night I had a smoke that I've never really heard anyone on here talk about. I had a Cohiba XV that I've had resting for well over a year now. It was a pretty tasty smoke. The burn and draw were great and it had good flavor. Of course it sports the EcSu wrapper that I am VERY fond of, but it wasn't an outstanding smoke. It was good, but there are so many smokes out there that are so much better and cost less. I doubt I'll be buying anyone more of those, but it was an enjoyable smoke. Not sure what I'll be having tonight, but it will be a 2-3 smoke night for sure.
  • Options
    Had a La Bonita (the purple ribbon one, whichever that is) that Beta sent me. I gotta say, this is one of the best cigars I've smoked over the past couple of weeks. I really, really enjoyed this stick, and I'd like to try some of the other variations of the La Bonita line now. Thanks Beta, I appreciate it man!
  • Options
    Had one of my old standbys today : A Java Maduro Toro , awsome flavor and I love these. Speaking of Java's I have a friend at work who occasionally smokes the drugstore cigars who commented last week on how good the Java smelled I was smoking last week. Well I gifted him one and he smoked it Sunday while BBQ ing and having a couple of beers. This morning he said he didn't know whether to cuss me or thank me , said he had never felt so relaxed and mellowed out in his life!!! Another successful conversion!!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I fell like I'm been on a great streak lately trying awesome new smokes and it continued yesterday with CAO black...nice leather and pepper flavors...had the torpedo (gothic I think it's called) and nubbed it. Lit and burned greated, nice and even throughout, flavor profile and spicy finish stayed strong from beginning to end.