Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    matt08vtmatt08vt Posts: 12
    I have been dreaming about an Edge Lite all day long.

Now all that stands between me and that little dream is the last hour before quitting time and a lawn mower.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Dude, a cigar and a lawnmower go well together.
  • Options
    a push mower?
  • Options
    Dude I don't even have a mower, I weed whack my whole yard. Given its just the front yard of a townhouse and takes me 15 minutes but the point is that I always have a cigar burning when I do yard work.
  • Options
    A weed whacker and a cigar - that is determination.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had my first La Flor Dominicana yesterday. The double ligero. Wow what a power house! The initial blast of pepper was so intense. I really did like this one despite my hands shaking the whole time I smoked. I really enjoy the flavor of ligero so this is my kind of cigar. I just know next time not to smoke it miday unless Ive eaten plenty of food. I think it would be best when paired with a nice alcaholic beverage. I found it much stronger than the triple ligero from Guhrka or the CAO Lx2.

So far today had a RP 1990 nubbed the heck out of it as usual with those. Going to have a Perdomo Habano maduro in a little while.
  • Options
    LOL never looked at it that way. I always figured if I have to do this every damn weekend between April and October then I'm gonna enjoy it. I take pride in my yard though ... I have a yard that takes me 15 minutes to mow with a weedeater and yet I usually spend an hour or two on it. Fertilizing, raking the grass clippings, weeding the flower beds, and so on. I have the best front yard on my street IMO.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm looking to go with my first regular partagas on the drive back from work, and then probably work my way into a Rocky Patel 90 as well, since I really love those. Has anybody had the I-Press?
  • Options
    I do enjoy the 1990 as well.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    LOL never looked at it that way. I always figured if I have to do this every damn weekend between April and October then I'm gonna enjoy it. I take pride in my yard though ... I have a yard that takes me 15 minutes to mow with a weedeater and yet I usually spend an hour or two on it. Fertilizing, raking the grass clippings, weeding the flower beds, and so on. I have the best front yard on my street IMO.
    I hear ya man - I like to try and keep it nice as well. But I'm sitting on 1/3 acre, and it takes a little more than 15 minutes. My wife and I just moved in in October, and the home had previously been foreclosed on, so the yard was (and still mostly is) pitiful. I've been spending some good time and money, but it doesn't sound like I am in your league yet. Maybe the cigar is what I am missing.
  • Options
    matt08vt:
    madurofan:
    I hear ya man - I like to try and keep it nice as well. But I'm sitting on 1/3 acre, and it takes a little more than 15 minutes. My wife and I just moved in in October, and the home had previously been foreclosed on, so the yard was (and still mostly is) pitiful. I've been spending some good time and money, but it doesn't sound like I am in your league yet. Maybe the cigar is what I am missing.
    Its a hell of a lot easier to be in my league when you have as little grass as I do, lol. 1/3 an acre? Nice, I'd love to have some yard like that but down here that lot alone without a house would be over $200k.
  • Options
    Liga Privada, throughly unimpressed. It started off ok but went downhill after the first third. Had a real nice pepper through the nose but was kind of bland otherwise. It had hints of licorice but thats really about it. It wasn't bad it just wasn't good. I set it down with about 2 - 2.5 inches left.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Liga Privada, throughly unimpressed. It started off ok but went downhill after the first third. Had a real nice pepper through the nose but was kind of bland otherwise. It had hints of licorice but thats really about it. It wasn't bad it just wasn't good. I set it down with about 2 - 2.5 inches left.

I wanted to try that... perhaps I won't...

I had a Padilla Miami earlier. That's a great smoke. Much smoother than the '32 which I really like also... I am smoking a corona corojo label by CCOM at the moment - thanks to brsmith21. Never had one before. I am liking this thing...
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    I wanted to try that
    So did I its a shame.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Xikar Defiance, and man am I wowed. I had one of the lonsdales Beta sent me in a trade a couple of weeks ago. It is easily in my top 3, if not my very favorite now.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I almost smoked a Defiance this afternoon...it is definitely on my short list for this week.

I had a Habanos Puros 40th Anniversary robusto this afternoon, good smoke, not great, but solidly good. To end the night I had my standby smoke, a Padron 3000 habano...awesome as always.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just had an Onyx Reserve robusto. Always a good go-to cigar.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday was a Ccom Brazilian robusto. Tasty as always.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Havent been flying much so tonight i sucked down my first Padilla Obsidian....that didnt have a severe burn problem! It had about a year on it...that might have had something to do with it, awesome smoke when your not constantly torching it! On deck for tomorrow is a Perdomod...red label something or other, forgot which one it is and a JDN Antano, one of my new faves.
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    I narrowed it down to a OpusX and a DPG Cuban Classic and chose the DPG. I havent tried a OpusX yet but I still may get to it.
  • Options
    DPG Cuban Classics are my favorite. Love love LOVE them. I have a break right now, I think I'm going to go with a Cu-Avana Intenso, since it looks so dang pretty. I'll report back!
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    hoping to light up a RP double maduro - just have to make it through another 6 hours of work. i want to try the ccom brazilian but keep forgetting to put it in my cart. guess i get too excited about ordering. never had the DPG Cuban Classic, but i'll add it to the list.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had myself the Micro Batch C-10 last night. It was ok. It was pretty smooth. About the second third is got better but the last third it went out a couple of times and I had to relight. The burn was pretty even the whole time. Tonight is going to be a Warlord. I have been itching to have one for months. This one has at least 7 months age. I mixed up the first 5 with the box I got by mistake so it could actually be from September and not November.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I had a Cameroon house blend from my B&M last night. It was good, but I like the Connie better. Right now I'm smoking a Hemingway Short Story. This is the third one I've had, and I'm just not liking it as much as the larger sizes. I'd heard the Short Story was amazing by a lot of people, so maybe I just built it up too much or something.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I had a Cameroon house blend from my B&M last night. It was good, but I like the Connie better. Right now I'm smoking a Hemingway Short Story. This is the third one I've had, and I'm just not liking it as much as the larger sizes. I'd heard the Short Story was amazing by a lot of people, so maybe I just built it up too much or something.
    Eh I wouldn't call it great BUT it is one of the better quick smokes.
  • Options
    I agree that it's a good quick smoke, but I wasn't wowed by it. But compare it to cigars of similar size, I guess. Find what suits you.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a Cusano Hermanos Vintage Churchill. I lean more to full bodied but this was a GOOD smoke. I would call it mild-med in my range of tastes although its advertised as medium. . Lasted 1 hour and 50 minutes! Flavors of earth , peat, mild pepper/spice and also a clove sorta taste at one point...very smooth and creamy. This are kinda limited and not wide spread from what I can find out about them. A little hole in the wall B&M close to me had a box not many taken out of ...kinda on a back shelf behind some other stuff (don't you love findin' stuff like that?) Price was about 60% of what I've seen them advertised at !!! These had obviously been there quite a while...somewhat yellowed cello, nice plum on the stick itself, and when I finally removed the band the wrapper under the band was 2 or 3 shades darker so they had them for awhile. Guess where I'm stopping on my way home tonight !!!
  • Options
    I stopped by my local B&M and ate my breakfast with a Camacho Diploma. Great cigar, nice, strong tones, a little spice and a lot of earth. I'm stopping by later to pick up a bunch of la bonitas for alien, so I'll probably smoke another round then.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    Yeah, I agree with you on that point. This one was better than the last two. Maybe it's an acquired taste for me?
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    Yeah, I agree with you on that point. This one was better than the last two. Maybe it's an acquired taste for me?
    Eh if you don't like it, you don't like it. Thats the great thing about cigars there is plenty of variety and no two people enjoy all the same sticks. I love many cigar that a lot of people think are harsh. The way I see it after 2 or 3 you still don't enjoy it why keep spending YOUR money on it just because someone else says you should like it. Most of the people at the B&M I hang out at are into Davidoff's, I'm not, they respect my opinion and I respect theirs. As long as you aren't **** someone else for what they do or don't like based on taste then its all good.